Strange FIFA Series Speed bug?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by stojo, Oct 9, 2013.

1. stojo

stojo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti
    Hello all,

first, sorry for my bad English. I am from Germany.

Here is my question:

I am playing FIFA Series since FIFA 10. I noticed one very strange thing on all systems.

Tested and felt on PS3, xbox360 and PC!

Example: FIFA 14

Dortmund vs. Bayern - gameplay feels slow, input and reaction of all players is slow too.

Frankfurt vs Hannover - gameplay is much much faster. no input lag, player reaction is great

Do you understand what i mean?

It seems for me that some combinations of played stadium and selected teams cause a different game speed. I mean Singleplayer, NOT Multiplayer.

First i thought it is placebo. But some of my friends are seeing this strange thing too.

So when we play together on one console on my sofa, we sort out teams like Bayern and Schalke, and some stadiums, to have a better gameplay with more direct input and a better flow.

This strange thing i noticed in Fifa 10, 11, 12, 13 and now in 14.

Wondering so many people playing this good game and nobody notice that?

Today, the best example: we played a match on PS3 on one TV.

We tried Frankfurt vs. Hamburg in Allianz Arena - slow gameplay, input lag

Then we tried the same teams in another stadium, Signal Iduna Park - gameplay much better, with better flow, no input lag and gameplay faster.

I would be very pleased if someone could say anything about it.

Many greetings from Germany

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well i could have sworn i was playing one match and it was slower for some reason. well perhaps the rain doesnt help.

also i think it was slower when i tried a different camera (the most zoomed out)...

hard to tell sometimes but the overall speed is different from last yr. thank god there's a fast option (which is barely fast enough for me).

u checked the official forums op?

3. stojo

stojo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti
    Yes i checked the official forums, but got so many different answers.

Some said it is placebo, some others are seeing the speed differents too, but they can´t explain why.

Sure, when you play a rainy match, the gamespeed is slower. And i know, that Fifa 14 is overall slower than 13.

But like i said, so many matches running in different gamespeed, with no reason.
    Thats why we avoid many stadiums and many teams.

I even noticed in slow matches some kind of input lag. The input wasn´t direct anymore.

Still searching for some good answers.

4. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    I know what you mean. I started noticing it in FIFA 12. For your example for FIFA 14 though I can tell you right now that a derby match between Dortmund and Bayern is fr from slow and sluggish.

I am wondering though if this is down to the formations of the 2 teams. If you have a formation that cancels each other out( like both have 4-2-3-1)then the game becomes slower and a little sluggish.

5. stojo

stojo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti
    Yes, i was thinking about the tactics for reason too.

It sounds logic, but why even the controller has an input lag than?
    Feels like the whole game and performance slows down.

If it was just a team tactic reason, then i am wondering why changing the stadium staying with same teams causes a huge difference in gamespeed and input lag.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I can't say that I've ever noticed this myself but I don't play a ton of FIFA. I probably only have 50 hours combined between 12 and 13. I do however usually notice even the slightest input lag in games. Like I said, I've never noticed it in FIFA.

7. number7

number7 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 465 1Gb
    sorry for the big post ***128529;

what u describe is EXACTLY what i experience in the last series of fifa (xbox 360 at least). I play in slow gameplay speed and have anticipated unstable speed in 3 different 360's (all different models) and this year in xbox One too, in 4-5 different LED TVs (most were samsung and 1 lg).
    I am not the only "crazy" as 3 other persons i play with in offline games have the same opinion. We finally became frustrated and tired by this matter and quit playing the game as we have searched and tried EVERYTHING (i mean it) to solve this problem but the game seems to be broken almost in every match we play.
    Dont laugh, but during the day if we re fortunate, manage to play 1-2 enjoyable slow matches h2h (1vs1 cause 2vs2 is never slow and smooth) before game speeds up. Something we have never managed during the night :D

Anyway, i cant believe that a problem which, every person playing fifa in xbox that i am familiar with, has it (4 out of 4 me incl), is isolated. But it seems no one really complains or mentions about it, so i gave up trying to find a solution.

From my experience, input lag is one part of the issue and "unexplained" game speed increase is the other. i really dont know if one causes or affects the other, but there are ways to lower input lag caused by tv. (google searching it would be easy)

To be clear about my case, speed problem (which i would describe as speed instability and gameplay unsmoothness) remains even if i tried:
    slow/normal/fast game speed, clearing xbox cache, all decent screen resolutions supportes, all xbox console settings, playing from disc/hd, playing while signed in live/unsigned, manual/assisted controls, changing sliders, zooming in or out (i only play tele broadcast, but tried other too), playing with different teams/formations and in different stadiums/match time/pitch wear etc (and i agree as u said that game speed differs but in my case after a while or few matches everything is FAST.

I really hope that someone from EA or a saviour would see this thread and respond with an answer, but my hopes are low.

PS: btw i want to say that fifa 14 was marvellous in slow mode (as long as it stayed slow that is). while fifa 15 doesnt really have a slow mode. its arcadey, too fast, fakey, and a lot inferior to its predecessor in gameplay.
    I would like to think there are a few fifa players that prefer their game to be SLOW (all the times...), technical and tactical, simulating real football.
    So i wish a patch could fix everything...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Play PES15 then play Fifa15 and then tell me which of the two is running in slow motion...FIFA crap.