Questions about my PC (performance issues)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by thefatlebowski, Oct 7, 2013.

1. thefatlebowski

thefatlebowski Guest

GPU:
    gtx760
    Hey all,

I have bought the palit gtx760 jet****** last week and it has dissapointing performance. I was hoping you guys could maybe point me in the right direction of how to fix it, and or maybe my pc is just to slow?

Im playing arma 2 dayzEpoch, now i know the code of this game is crap, but i have 20 fps where friends of mine easyly get 50+ fps with older setups (gfx).

In new BF4 the performace on low is allmost playable, but still not playable enough. i get barely 25fps

My GPU (using afterburner) says its on 50% activity, while taskmanager says the cpu is on 30%.

My setup:

600watt psu
    asrock 870 extreme 3 R2.0
    AMD phenom II x6 1055t
    8gb 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair

is there something i can do to tweak the mainboard somehow?
    Could the gtx760 be faulty? (i did a CUDA benchmark and the program to benchmark with (pcwizzard) crashed.)

Thanks for the help.

2. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Hardware side:

a) What brand is your 600W PSU?
    B) Is your CPU overclocked?

Software side:

a) What OS are you running?
    b) Are you running the most current drivers (CPU/Chipset, GPU, Sound) drivers?

If you answer those, should be possible to point you in the right direction.

3. thefatlebowski

thefatlebowski Guest

GPU:
    gtx760
    Hi,

PSU is Corsair
    CPU is overclocked via bios (+25% = 3500mhz)
    OS is win 7 64bit
    All drivers latest, however i cant find chipset drivers for the MB, im assuming windows takes care of that? (hoping).

4. thefatlebowski

thefatlebowski Guest

GPU:
    gtx760
    Hmm found some drivers wich were in the all in one driver.. downloaded from asrock.com.
    When i first started up this prog it sayd driver instllation for your graphics card... so i closed it again, but second look gave me options to install northbridge driver.. sounds important? does it have alot of impact u recon? thanks.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi, BF4 performs poorly on W7 atm, hopefully a patch will be released to improve things...

Latest chipset drivers are here..

6. Lain

Lain Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 @ 950/1200MHz
    You could try running some synthetic benchmarks, to see if your CPU is holing you back in the games you mentioned.

30% CPU usage is 2 full cores on a 6 core system, if those games don't use more than two treads, that might be a problem.

7. thefatlebowski

thefatlebowski Guest

GPU:
    gtx760
    Hm are those drivers for the asrock 870?
    Doesnt say this anywhere

8. thefatlebowski

thefatlebowski Guest

GPU:
    gtx760
    Do you have an example or link for a good synthetic benchmark?

9. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Just going to jump in here and say that your Phenom X6 1055 is poop for Dayz and Battlefield 4.
    Both even with my I7 2700k overclocked to 4.4 ghz i still have fps issues in Dayz + Epoch BF4 not so much.

I think your card is working fine its just the games you are trying are some of the hardest on your cpu.Also dayz likes a Really Fast HDD or SSD.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You have an AMD chipset, the brand doesn't matter. :)

And yeah your X6 may be struggling a little....

11. Lain

Lain Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 @ 950/1200MHz
  12. thefatlebowski

thefatlebowski Guest

GPU:
    gtx760
    Hi,

So i downloaded 3dmark profi edition.
    Now when i do some tests (wich are somewhat unpromising in terms of performance it seems) i get 'no monitoring data'

withc some error "ouch, something has gone wrong"
    Saying some stuff unexpected error processing monitoring data, and some jadijadi behind it.

Any1 knows why i dont get monitoring data?
    Cant find alot about it on 3dmark site.

furthermore when i run the test "firestrike" on all testphases GPU is on 99% and the cpu arround 30% except on the last combined test, there my gpu is on 99% (100%?) and my cpu arround 75%.

first 3 tests are ranging from 25 to 30 fps, the combined test is arround 11 fps.

13. Lain

Lain Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 @ 950/1200MHz
    professional edition, did you pay for that? And why not just the basic edition, which is free?

Not knowing what number fps your system should give in those benches, your GPU and CPU seem to be working fine. My guess is that your CPU just can't handle the games you mentioned (due to bad coding of said games).