ARMA III: Horrible performance with (mid) high end rig (GTX 670)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mentalpeace, Sep 30, 2013.

1. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    I was really happy when A3 came out. Little by little my hype dissapeared.
    i can accept 30 fps, man, i wish i had 30 fps as a minimum. What i cant accept is playing the 15-25 fps range no matter the settings.
    the only playable mode right now is Sa-Matra´s Wasteland, 35 fps minimum, 45 average, 70 maximum, everything on ultra view distance on 2000. that is the only thing i enjoy every now and then but it gets old very quickly.

I am waiting for nvidia´s new drivers, maybe they will help i dont know. But i cant play like that anymore, so im going to fall back a little, leave the game and come back when the performance is comfortable.
    I know this is all about the money, people are buying better videocards and CPUs with this mediocre (performance-wise) launch.

I72600k @ 4.2 ghz. (more than enough horsepower believe me).
    Nvidia GTX 670 (high performance in any other game)
    8gb @1866
    Corsair Force GT 128GB SSD.

And yes, i know is a very heavily CPU game, but, even in the editor with NO AI im having very low FPS in the middle of a town.

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    It means that the top rigs of our days are not enough for Arma 3 on ultra settings, just lower to high or mid all you'll be fine...Easy as that. It's just a f'ing game.

3. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    Everybody gets low fps in this game. It's the game not the hardware.
    Look at the reviews..

4. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    Quote from me: "What i cant accept is playing the 15-25 fps range no matter the settings."

Everything in the lowest possible setting and you´ll get the same exact Frames per second.

Why that attitude 3dplayer?

5. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Judge the performance by singleplayer stuff. A lot of the multiplayer servers induce a lot of framerate lag on the client side. Especially those with special scripts and mods. A lot are also hosted on 12 year olds moms' old computers. Now, I'm not saying the multiplayer lag is acceptable, but it's a whole different animal than the singleplayer. If you keep the view distance reasonably low, you should be able to max out everything else, at least in singleplayer. CPU overclocking for ArmaIII never hurts either, and can be pretty noticeable.

My friends and I usually play 4 player coop, and one of us hosts it on our own PCs. We haven't had any lag issues, and the performance is great. ArmaIII just isn't well optimized for tons of people. Hopefully they'll fix it. On that note, if you, or anyone else here wants to play with me, I'm in west coast us, and my steam name is brendanvistaftw.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    No idea why same for me I get around 30fps in ultra but it dips down a lot my cpu (50%) and gpu usage (60%) is a bit low ?(same issue with Rome 2) I think the game just needs optimizing and driver love

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's a BIS game. What were you people expecting? lol

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^What he said lol. Don't worry though - after about 2yrs and 30-40 patches it should be at least 80% optimized.

Btw check your vram, the game can eat up 2.5-3GB depending on settings.

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Don't just look at your overall "cpu usage" for an answer. Look at individual cores. ArmA 3 is mutithreaded, but you'll always be limited by the main, heavily-loaded thread. Load up Precision or Afterburner with the HWinFO64 cpu plugin for evidence. Crap fps in towns is down to number of objects and object detail. Sorry to say, but I don't think driver optimizations will help this game.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis ran crap aswell back in the day.

Don't ever expect a BIS game to run smooth on Max.

11. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Unfortunately, there is no way to maintain 60 fps at any setting, with any hardware. It's a shame really, as I find so much to like about these games otherwise.

12. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    This. ARMA III is an amazing game and Promises SO MUCH. I would be so happy if fps were more stable.

13. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Stop worrying about FSAA. Who cares if you see a jaggie on a straight line, I mean really..Turn that crap off and your looking at a good 30-50% more performance. Look, I have a GTX460, a 3 year old video card. I don't use FSAA in any way shape or form, matter of fact I force it off in the driver. Try turning all that nonsense off and try the game again, I am sure you would gain a bunch of frames and enjoy the game....

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not you again?

FSAA has nothing to do with the poor performance of this game, and you won't get anywhere near 30-50% extra performance in any game by disabling it.

Running it on ultra without low framerates just isn't possible for anyone in my experience, even those with the best cpu/gpu combinations so i wouldn't rush out to upgrade either.

15. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    just don't buy Arma games until day-z is release, no day-z no money :D

16. angmar

angmar Guest

This game has by far the worst CPU bottleneck of any game I have ever tried to play....there is not anything you can do about it. Blame it on there 10 year old graphics engine that desperately needs to be reprogrammed.