Shadow Warrior - Reimagining

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, May 10, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ah that, I've tried a bit more but found no solution, just remove that last command, I'm trying to improve foliage but it seems it has to be at default or that pop-in issue will keep appearing now and again.

You can see a clear improvement if you try different values near the pond reeds in the first level but you can also see a increase in pop-in as you move around the pond area. :)

EDIT: Oh and a patch was released.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233130/discussions/0/846965882758858161/

Shadow Warrior 1.0.2
    - Fixed many crashes.
    - Gozu freeze bug fixed.
    - Troll shield now always breaks after troll's death.
    - Custom katana selection hack blocked. As expected, strange how that command wasn't read only to begin with
    - Fixed several places through the game where players could get stuck or fall below level geometry.
    - Safe mode added.
    - Language packs added.

(I believe 1.0.1 was for the GoG version, fixing some critical issue.)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. ericneo2

ericneo2 Guest

GPU:
    8gig 1800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Useful
    g_player_speed 6.6
    g_player_speed_whenjump 6.6
    g_player_acceleration 8.0
    g_player_backward_ratio 0.7
    g_player_independent_reload 0/1

g_difficulty 0/1/2/3
    g_enable_checkpoints 0/1

r_show_fps 0/1

Interesting but not that useful
    d_autoaim 0/1
    d_enable_level_select 1
    d_draw_menu_level 1 read only

g_radar_shows_all 0/1 might require another activation like level select

Debug cmds
    d_show_enemies_darkpower 1
    d_show_ai 1
    d_script_profile 0/1/2/3 shows target and area info/groups/spawns
    d_user 0/1 shows player states in console cmd titles, might be useful in finding cmds based on their titles.

Interesting weapons, don't know how to activate them yet.
    w_stationary_gun
    proj_katyusha
    xing_katana
    katana_force_slash

Interesting powers, don't know how to activate them yet.
    dark_force_bullettime
    dark_force_timestop

I know the game files can be extracted with 7zip but any idea if you can view them as plain text with squirrel script or 3ds Max 2009? I see them both mentioned in the cmds dump earlier on page 4. I suppose you could also see which files were changed by the patch and look if one of them has the flags for the console cmds readonly.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  3. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Strafe Stutter

With AMD Catalyst Drivers v13.10 Beta2 the game develops strafe stutter (when you strafe and turn with mouse at the same time).

Never once experienced this problem with Catalyst v13.9 WHQL.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233130/discussions/0/846965882758858161/

EDIT:
    There might be some balance changes soon too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233130/discussions/0/846965882785541450/

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Why this game is so demanding, what gives?

Cant hold 120fps with my sli when maxed out. If i drop the mirrors setting, i can, but still the gpus get pushed unbelievably high to 99% even when vsync'd.

Jesus this aint no Crysis 3, im SLI'ng it with the Hard Reset Profile btw.

6. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Turn SSAO to medium. I get a 30fps difference between it and Ultra on a single 670 and they don't look anywhere near different enough to warrant the performance hit.

7. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Double post.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  8. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Anyone got radeonpro working with this game ?

I am getting terrible microstutter or smthing, even tho I have 60fps (fraps)

9. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    - First use the in-game settings to make sure you attain at least 60 fps.

- If VSync is OFF the game has lots of screen tearing and if it is ON it has sticky graphics. To solve the problem, turn ON VSync and Triple Buffering (in the in-game settings) and then use RivaTuner (Afterburner FPS Limiter) (or Bandicam) to cap the framerate at 60 fps. I use a script to automate this (i.e. load the limiter then start the game).

- It should now be totally smooth overall.

- In some of the later levels the game developed intermittent strafe stutter on my system, which seemed a lot worse with Catalyst Drivers v13.10 Beta2. If so, use Catalyst v13.9. The same problem existed in the game "Hard Reset" (same engine) and there the solution was to play in windowed mode. But in this game the problem is MUCH less noticeable and only in a very few levels.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ spekgat7 - I've been playing Shadow Warriors for around 10 hours (I'm near the end of Chapter 7) but I've not noticed sudden drops from 60 fps to 30 fps when the framerate dips below the refresh rate of my 60 Hz display. I have the in-game v-sync option enabled as I cannot abide screen tearing at all. I am not using D3DOverrider either as it doesn't seem to want to work on my current install of Windows 8 Pro.

Is the 60-to-30 fps thing a problem only on AMD graphics cards?

11. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    @Darren

I assume you mean 60 to 30 fps drops related to VSync (as you get in some games). If so, then no, I've never experienced that in this game.

This is different... the framerate remains at a steady 60 fps. It's what I call strafe stuttering, i.e. if you hold down the movement keys (W and A for instance) and simultaneously use the mouse to move circular, the game sometimes, or in some places, develops a movement related micro-stutter. If you stand still and just look around, it's 100% smooth... it starts only when you move (keyboard WSAD).

And of course not all eyes are equally sensitive to the perception of micro-stuttering (depending on its severity). But a notable percentage (the unlucky ones like myself) do perceive it even if it's only minute :)

My son has a Nvidia card, but he's one of the "lucky ones", so I can't really say if it's AMD cards only. I've never tried this game on his system.

In Hard Reset it was hugely irritating. In this game it's a problem only about 10% of the time.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ spekgat7 - I have noticed some laggy moments in Shadow Warrior, usually during frantic combat with four or five enemies, but I just put that down to heavy graphics load, what with all the body parts and gore, as most of the time the game maintains 50-60 fps, which is absolutely fine for me. It doesn't feel chuggy and horrible like, say, Alien Rage Unlimited, which can dip down to 25 fps even on my system despite not looking that great visually.

13. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Wow, down to 25 fps with that monster card of yours! Definitely a problem with Alien Rage then. I did see a lot of complaints about it. Strange, it uses UnrealEngine3, which is usually very good (framerate wise).

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Shadow Warrior runs beautifully. I've got Mirrors disabled, and SSAO turned down to low I think. But, everything else is on Ultra/High (some settings only go to High) and it runs silky smooth. Always around 50 to 60.

The only time it ever feels like there could be any lag is normally during a really big explosion. But, Hard Reset did that as well.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Mirrors is pretty demanding though from the comparison I did it's a very nice effect to have, affects most reflective surfaces.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The reflections are nice but am I the only one who doesn't think the actual water effect looks very good in Shadow Warrior? It's not fluid enough and looks more like reflective tin foil at times than a liquid. Believe it or not, the PS3 version of GTA V has more convincing water!

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it is very stylized that's true, plus like you said it doesn't quite behave like water should (It's very static other than the ripples created by moving through it.) but it's decent enough in my opinion, can't be easy to create good looking water without it costing a lot of GPU power either.
    (And since it's a DX9 game they can't tessellate it either, but I suppose that could go either way in terms of results.)

EDIT: I see in Steam that the game got a 12.6 MB update, wonder what they changed.

EDIT:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  18. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    water look average but after disabling mirrors looks average whole game. I turn OFF only SSAO and in 1080p i have 90% stable 60 FPS. 1440p 40_60. and in 4K 25_35 FPS. I think game look nice. Style is perfect and only some textures look weak. LOD could be improved in some places.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Uh-oh, I'm part way through Chapter 8 and I went down some stairs to a room where three or four uber-large red demon things and seemingly a dozen enemies appear. Needless to say I died within seconds, actually the first time I have died (I'm playing on Casual difficulty by the way). It was late so I just quit the game at that point. I hope I don't end up getting stuck... /worries

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I'm using Katana + restoration, on hard is damn easy for me, i can't die at all...

You won't get stuck if you know what are you doing...