AMD Catalyst 13.10 BETA (13.200.11.0 September 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by freibooter, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    I can't seem to change any setting in 3D applications settings, if I try to change catalyst just closes on me.. anyone else or just me ?

edit: nvm looks like I have to delete and create another setting for each application again since old ones can't be changed without ccc closing

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Go update the program yourself. Nothing at all stopping you. Then you can have all the downsampling you want.

Or keep on thinking AMD is out to destroy Downsampling. Whatever makes you sleep at night... Just note that people have other more sensible opinions :p

3. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    *13.10 BETA working well with the 6870's in crossfire

so far, no problems with IE11 Preview or Adobe Flash Player(11.8.800.174)
    I disabled frame pacing in the profile for DS1 and DSLOA - they both run well

*via 64-Bit system..

4. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    To be sure

I have a method for updating drivers and it works every time:

1. Take an image of your system using Windows7 system image option after you have rebuilt your system (do not load any drivers for GPU).

2. Keep the image up to date

3. every time a new driver comes out, backup recent files to usb stick or separate backup drive.

4. reload system with image you took in step 1

5. load new drivers

6. update system with latest windows updates

I always do this and I guess taking the image in the first place is most important - but it's worth it.

Don't bother with these driver removal tools as they go too far and end up removing key entries from the registry and that's why you guys keep having problems.

This post is not meant to challenge anyone, its just what I do and I don't have any issues.

Peace out brothers and sisters.

LOL

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    While your method may be valid in some sense it requires a lot of work. I recommend using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) as it's a very capable cleaner as DDU can safely clean /remove files and registries that are left behind. Thus allowing users to experience less problems in which does not result in registry related bugs that break the OS functionality due to the installed driver not working correctly.

Give it a try.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I use to go by this, until I started using a Switchable Graphics laptop. Can't say the experience is the same with every driver, but I know I fixed a pretty weird issue just by clearing the previous drivers with a few tools (CIM + DDU + CCleaner + CCEnhancer) + manual removal.

7. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    So, do they? Or should I still stick with 13.4?

8. Crazed Weevil

Crazed Weevil Guest

GPU:
    2 x XFX 5870 1Gb CF'd
    The 13.8B2 drivers should work OK. They are the ones I am using now (with 2x5870s in Crossfire, no problems, crashes or graphically glitches). The 13.10B1 drivers seemed to have turned off the crossfire profile for some reason (and forcing it on causes flashing textures), but they seemed OK on a single card.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Try it, then report back.

I haven't had any mouse cursor stuttering with 13.9, but my experience could easily vary against someone with totally different hardware :)

10. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Blegh, I was hoping you'd do that ;)

Tested them, mouse issue still occurs. Especially noticable during light HDD access.

I'll have to downgrade again.

11. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Ok, I am not that serious about it. :)

I don't think "AMD is out to destroy Downsampling", just that "AMD does not give a $hit about Downsampling", whereas with Nvidia it takes you 15 secs in the standard control panel drivers...

I see several reasons why AMD are NOT interested in giving Downsampling as an official feature... and none of them have anything to do with the quality of the result or any technical difficulties on the development...

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    come on people...honestly....

AMD changed their interfaces to keep up with the times, the coder of your program chose not to

Not really AMDs problem, nor should it be....

talk to the coders that made your program.

do you really expect windows 3.1/95/98/xp solutions to work on a 7/8 platform?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  13. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Im having stutter lag and sound crackling in Call Of Duty Black Ops II with this 13.10 beta driver. 13.9 WHQL works fine. The game is almost unplayable with this beta driver.

14. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    if you have a single 5850 (?), why do you need the 13.10 ?

15. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Yes I have a single 5850. I need 13.10 because it overclocks like no tomorrow. I can hit max clocks overdrive with stock cooling. No other driver does that for my card which is volt locked.

16. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Kisse, that might be the cause of your issues then??

17. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    No. Stutter and sound crackling occurs at default clocks also. I tried everything to fix this issue but I couldnt do anything about it.

13.10 beta is a no go for Black Ops 2. Ive never seen any driver this bad with a big main title fps game like CoD.

18. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Check your BIOS and be sure the PCIe bus is set manually to 100.

19. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Can u tell me with 7790 with what catalyst i can play heroes of newearth?????
    i have shuttering problems with all of them.

20. un4seendeathz

un4seendeathz Guest

GPU:
    2x XFX 7970 Ghz
    Can you be more specific as to which Catalyst you used when facing this stuttering issue? Its just that your asking what catalyst is needed to run heroes of newearth but you also stated you tried "all of them".

The latest stable Catalyst Suite from AMD is currently 13.9, have you tried that? And keep in mind that you should always clean out your current driver before using other drivers to avoid running into issues. Here is a link to the program that can does this for you:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505