SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Do you guys think i can get banned if using sweetfx on BF3 cause it's the second time I'm banned for PB HACK #132000. both times using sweetfx and now scared cause I don't want to be bannedo n BF4 aswell. I'm going to install the game on another acount but won't use sweetfx there.

2. Toony

Toony Guest

GPU:
    -
    Which version of SMAA does this injector use? SMAA version 2.7 added the possibility to apply up to 4x samples to the image.

3. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    I play Battlefield 3 with SweetFX everyday :3eyes:

4. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    SweetFX uses 2.6 currently and I don't believe CeeJay is looking for higher sample rates as that would cost more system resources, heck he's working on improving SMAA performance. I'm fairly certain he is watching the development of SMAA to see if there are improvements he's interested in anyway. xD

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Then why do you think I got banned? Can a server maybe be setup so it will detect any injector or so? BTW I reinstalled my operating system so hope that solved it

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I tried using it with COD2 recently and also got kicked constantly. even while punkbuster was fully updated.

7. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Which sweetFX are you using?

CeeJays, Boulotaur's or RadeonPro?

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Never had any problems although I don't know when the latest PB updates came out.
    I played CoD WaW around 2-3 months ago without problems and I've been playing BO2, since its release, without any problems.
    Always with the "standard" SweetFX version.

9. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I'm using CeeJays with custom settings. Like I said reinstalled Operating system so you guys think I should be fine now?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Hmm... CeeJays is usually the one that skates by PB, it's possible they updated the database to see the injector code. However I see the K-putt used Boulotaur's injector for BF3, you could that and see if it catches you. Re-installing your OS would not affect PB catching it I believe.

11. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    PB was giving me problems with Boulotaur's verison. The original 1.4 version made from CeeJay's gave me no issues with PB.

Are you sure it is SweetFX responsible for the problems? I know PB at one time banned people that were having issues with Bitdefender and Nvidia Drivers which caused PB to ban them.

You should check your PB logs for the specific file that is causing problems.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    PB bans, "normally", are only a temporary thing. So if something doesn't add up you clear the system and you're good to go. It's not a permanent / lifetime ban.

13. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I returned home (from a 10 day family vacation in Spain) sunday.
    While I was away I got a LOT of work done on SweetFX 1.5 (my parents like to relax with a book - I code) and it's pretty close to release.

I think it will be ready for release this week or the next.

With that in mind .. are there any changes to the default settings you would like to see?
    I'm personally looking for some better .. more conservative settings for Advanced CRT - if you have any please post them.

In other news : Crosire is making lots of progress on his eFX injector, and we are in almost daily contact sharing ideas. Boulotaur is still MIA.
    I've also begun sharing ideas with the HiAlgoBoost and RCRN teams. It's nice to have some more developers to brainstorm ideas with.

14. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

That's with my config for ACRT in La-Mulana

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAEPo/OJeD1hNRA14/s1920/lamulana03.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAEPw/GwCFRVyqSzM/s1920/Lamulana04.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAEPY/lvU8gfbf9Mc/s1920/Lamulana01.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAEPg/Jm0EjsZ9CWU/s1920/lamulana02.png

A good change would be if you will use crtresolutionX and Y if has value, but if value = 0 then autodetect resolution and use it.

15. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Screenshots are good , but I need the actual settings.
    If you posted them earlier in this thread I must have missed them.

16. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    The #13200 series are AFAIK actual punk buster hacks.

You might have been hacked - do a virus check with a good anti-virus program like Avast or Malwarebytes Anti-malware.

You might also have been set up .. some hackers can frame other users for hacks they didn't use.

EvenBalance have said in the past that they do not ban for shader injectors so PunkBuster should not issue a ban for SweetFX.
    .. still until you find out what caused the ban I recommend you run a completely vanilla version of Battlefield 3 without anything else installed.

It's also possible you're not telling us the thruth. I don't like to raise doubt about your claim, but something like this have happened in the past.

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Great news CeeJay :) and welcome back, hehe. i hope u enjoyed ur vacation and get some good time there...

Thanks for the infos ;)

greetz BetA

18. gooroo

gooroo Guest

GPU:
    G75VX
    SweetFX Configurator on Win8.1

Hi there,

Anybody got SweetFX Configurator working with Win8.1

I cannot get SplitScreen to show at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    how do i check pb logs. By the wy it's to late as I already formated all drives etc etc. For future reference how do i check punkbuster logs so that i can see what file will cause the issue?

20. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Ive used sweetfx with BF3 for a really long time now, and I did move to boulataur's version and I have never had a PB issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.