Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Yeah, it isn't really that bad, I just overreact to anything above 50 miles away haha. I also have to pay $35 per day to race. If it's a two day event, then $70 a weekend.
    Poor people problems.

There's people with nicer cars than me that race only one day because they say they can't afford to race two days heh.

Also about to spend money on a plane ticket, so that's where my gas money went.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
  3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Hey uuh..... i think your shock was shot. haha

4. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I've got B6s and Eibach Pro springs on the Coop and B8s and Eibach Pro springs on the Cupra R. The Bilstein B8/Eibach combination is awesome, really well matched.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    My current situation:

My Subaru SVX gets a too much attention..
    I've never had a nice ride before, but it's not even in that good of a condition.
    It's dangerous as hell when people are sticking their heads out the window, slowing down so they can look at the car, hard braking in the next lane to get behind me to look for a name badge.

I get people trying to talk to me at the stop light, but I can't hear them. I just see them pointing and talking in my direction.
    When I go to the gas station, people would come up to me to ask about the car all the time.

I've only had one Corvette try to race me so far.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  6. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Yup - not sure why one of the previous owners wanted to coat it in underseal! They're both knackered, though.

I'll get B6s on the back in a couple of weeks when I start on the rear of the car (boot floor, bootlid etc.).

WildStyle - heard a lot about the B8 + Eibach combo. I'm going to try B6 + new T16S springs (rather than T16S springs with 167k on them!). My intention is for this to be primarily a road car, they handle pretty well out of the box so I'm just renewing stuff and upgrading only where it won't compromise the standardish-ness of it. We'll see how that works out lol

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    :banana:

Welcome to owning unique or nice rides. You get used to it after a while. I'm certain that Vette that raced you wasn't me. :)

8. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I don't - I always worry that they're trying to tell me there's something wrong with the car. Oil leaks from the distributor onto the manifold / turbo after the car has been standing for a while so it gets a load of attention if you drive through town while it's warming up with smoke coming out from behind the grille stopped at traffic lights.

People do seem to love it, though. Even on axle stands with no engine in it still gets a lot of attention!

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    It's not attracting any hot girls though :(

My car sometimes smokes after parked if it's cold because the previous owner didn't take care of the gaskets. Cleaned it up and replaced the gaskets and looked like that stopped. When people stay far behind me at the light, I do think I'd smoking, but when I check, it's not.

Next year I'll focus on the exterior, paint, and rims. Not worried about how it looks now. I want to get it running in top shape first.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  10. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Will finally be able to wash the Alfa next weekend :D

Some OEM+ mods going on here, nice. Plans for the winter will be hopefully to sort out the lifter noise, belt it up with some suspension work.

Just need to plan a nice long drive now.

11. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Well, yeah, you bought an SVX.

12. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    If a girl didn't appreciate an SVX it'd be a deal breaker for me...

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    :heh:

That's where my friend and I differ too. He has an Evo X and I have the Vette. I can tell you both attract attention but mine gets the attention you're looking for. :)

I don't use it for a pulling tool but it's nice to have the attention sometimes lol.

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Finally got a chance to clean it up - now that its underseal has gone off :p

[​IMG]

15. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Panda sailed through the MOT today - advisory for rear brakes and 'light misting of oil' from the front shocks.

Happy with that, considering it's 22 years old!

16. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    VW tore itself apart. So decided to look around for a treat, need lots of space for surfboards/skis/bikes/m8's crap etc...so narrowing it down slowly. Totally addicted to autotrader at the moment:) Won't be happening till xmas, but im pretty excited. Always wanted a big 4x4. Im leaning toward the 58plate more atm, but any would be cool
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and unfortunately the old E12 will be shifted. A shame but I don't have the time to look after it.[​IMG]

17. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Those headlights look so out of place.

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Always felt that there was a lot about Land Rovers that is out of place. Life when a friend of mine had a somewhat older one, saying they're tough and can handle anything... second before backing into a snow-covered small mound of dirt... which caused the rear bumper plastic to fall off.

19. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    That's a shame about your friends somewhat older land rover.
    I've had a couple test drives in 07 and 09 range rovers. It was pure bliss, just so luxurious. An acquired taste maybe? I've become a little obsessed, I can't see myself being happier in much else if I'm honest. Save perhaps a 2013 rangie:p

20. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Pretty much any Range is going to be a money pit.
    They're pretty decent off road, but they seem to get more cosmetic damage than like a jeep or a land cruiser. Maybe it is just all the bling.

Try test driving the big land cruisers, or if you get them in the UK, the Lexus versions. They're very nice and comfortable inside, the off-road capability is second to none for the size, and they're dead to nuts reliable. There's a reason tin pot dictators/warlords in 3rd world hellholes are going around in Land Cruisers not Ranges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.