MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15(2013-09-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm not developer of Intel QuickSync emulation library! Probably giving users access to it was a bad idea. Everything given out = it is confusing to us, do it differently. ;(

2. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    I love the CPU temp/load in AB !

Only thing I wish (as reported by others) is a single indicator for average load and average (or maybe max) temp across all the cores, instead of having one temp and one load per core. Just handier (in most cases).

I tried the quicksync stuff (2500K on Z68) and it works just fine.

I have noticed a quirk however: when I select the MKV container (with quicksync but also with MJPEG) the sound I record seems to skip (goes off then quickly back on) at regular intervals (eg every 2 seconds).

As this does happens also with MJPEG instea dof Quicksync, it does not seem to be QuickSync-related.

Audio is perfect with AVI container (with MJPEG).

Any idea ?

MaX.

3. craziplaya21

craziplaya21 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 ACX
  4. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    hehe, nah, this is a beta and completly fine. Just tought that if it's gonna be a stable version one day this might be considered a bug! so better report it now.

so the whole quick sync emulation is doing the file creation, and if they **** up it's not your job. kk.

Don't use VLC for playback. use Media Player Classic or such.
    Had the same 'problem'

5. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Props on the new version, I love the CPU temperature and usage monitor ability for the OSD + RAM allocation, and I noticed that you can adjust the font of the OSD now (not sure if you always could, but this is the first time I had noticed it) with the Raster 3D mode. Looks great with Arial Bold and one notch from the bottom on size... legible, clean, and compact with custom groupings for the CPU monitors to put temps on one line for each physical core, and usage on another.

6. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Thanks for the tip, i didn't know that as well. haha We are always learning something new every day on Guru3d. :)

7. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

No problem... I don't know if the feature had already been there, but I was glad to see it regardless :D.

8. Unwinder

Audio file itself is fine. That's an issue of your MKV splitter (i.e. software component that extracts audio/video from MKV file when playing it). Some MKV splitters are unable to extract audio from MKV properly if audio and video data for the same time position is located too "far" from each other into MKV clusters (and that's the only way to store audio and video data during capture, because audio capture interfaces normally returns data with couple seconds delay). Haali Matroska Splitter is known to suffer because of this issue, so if you have it installed and your video player application is configured to use it - you'll have some audio skips when playing the files. Some player applications it can be configured to bypass the issue, e.g. in VLC player you can change caching policy and select high latency mode to eliminate the issue. But I recommend to use different applications using their own MKV splitter, IMHO KMPlayer and MPC-HC give you the best result.

P.S. If you absolutely need to use a player with Haali Matroska Splitter, you may simply remux the MKV file with mkvmerge. Remuxing process is rather fast as it doesn't reencode the data, it just rearrange audio/video frames inside the container.
    The following command will do the job:

mkvmerge inputfile.mkv -o outputfile.mkv

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  9. Unwinder

Hehe, raster font customization was possible since adding raster fonts support in v4.2.0 back in May 2011 ;)

10. Unwinder

All

I've seen the same misunderstanding related to beta 15 version in a few different forums and it was also posted in bugreports thread, so I summarize it here:

Some users report that pagefile usage monitoring in beta 15 is broken, because it shows values higher than their pagefile size. That's not the case, Microsoft traditionally uses "Pagefile usage" term to represent commit charge, the same value is displayed by MSI AB. It shows how many pageable (but not paged) memory is currently in use.

11. Unwinder

Are you sure the renderer is DX11? I just installed WarThunder, the maximum renderer it provides on my system (Win 8 + GTX 770) is D3D9Ex. Also, I cannot reproduce the issue.
    Normal rendering sequence for disabled "Show OSD on captured screenshots and videos" is:

- Let the application render the frame
    - Capture frame
    - Render OSD on top of frame
    - Present frame

So if there is no any bad "cheating" inside the driver with re-ordering rendering/capture requests, then the only possible reason for the issue you're seeing is that game engine is not updating whole frame sometimes, so previously rendered frame with OSD is being presented twice. There is nothing that can be done to prevent it if 3D engine behaves this way.

12. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Of course you're right. D3D9Ex is for me too. I was in error because in game settings window I choose Windows 7 render or smth like that and I assumed that it was DX 11. Damn I'm stupid. :bang:

Hmm, so on your Win 8 everything is fine? It's something on my side then. OS or driver.
    No big deal Alex. Thank you for your time and sorry if I made you to waste it for me.

13. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Thanks Alex, the "high latency" trick in VLC did it.

MaX.

14. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Unwinder, is it possible to add a "Force key frame" feature in QSV.dll for easier video cutting in Virtualdub? H.264 video with B-Frame and I-Frame hard to have a clean video cut without re-encoding.

15. Unwinder

Yep. Currently keyframe is forced once per second in QSV encoder, I can add CFG option for inserting it more frequently if needed.

16. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    How to configure QSV to force all keyframe? Any manual to follow?

P.S. If you would add that feature in the future, please consider adding the option to GUI which make it more "noob-friendly".:)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  17. Unwinder

You cannot do it yet, I said that it is possible to add it to CFG tweaks in the next version. No promise on moving it to GUI.

18. odomingoc

odomingoc Guest

GPU:
    asus gx570 1280Mb
    Afterburner Beta 15 SE for 680/770 editions0 Lightning?

19. Unwinder

Read the thread and don't be lazy.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm probably going to get flamed for asking, but is there an easy way to disable the encoder server process?

Just call me anal. ;)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013