Never settle until we told you to

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Markgpl, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    Got my 7900 series after a very difficult time saving and selling previous card since my country is pretty much a mess to import anything, will restrain to make notes about politics.
    To make it short, i do mostly sims, but free top games couldnt hurt and would be a great showcase so i was expecting my crysis 3 eagerly, but got a HD 7770 coupon instead of the 7900 series. After reaching each end, sapphire and amd pointed each other.
    "amd4u" ended going hard for term and conditions, avaiability and subject to this and that.
    Anyone had similar luck or just happen to countries far away from the manufacturer?

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im still trying to process what the hell I just read....

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Sounds like he got the wrong game bundles with AMD's Never Settle free game vouchers that come with the 7xxx & 8xxx series cards.
    I'm kinda surprised by this, as I bought my 7850 that came with Tomb Raider & Bioshock Infinite. I claimed both games within a couple days of my hardware arriving. Then about a month later I got an email from AMD saying that I was now also qualified for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
    Far Cry was not listed anywhere when I bought the card so I was surprised by this level of customer appreciation.
    So not sure what to say to you not receiving the right games with yours.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nope, I got 5 games with my 7950

Bioshock: Infinite
    Crysis 3
    Tomb Raider
    Far Cry 3
    Sleeping Dogs

Not sure about t&c, never read it but I'm pretty sure you should be getting the games they advertise.

5. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    Nice, wish i could say the same. I made a short post guys sorry if it was confusing, didnt want to bore you with details. Im old and im over a few games, but they never said "we are sorry for your inconvenience", even if you are not truly sorry it shows politeness.

6. rene mauricio

rene mauricio Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    You and me both... :3eyes:

From what I understand I think he meant to say he purchased a 7950 but got the wrong coupon code that only let him select from the 7700 line-up.

If that is the case then it is neither Sapphire nor AMD's fault as it is up to the place you purchased your card to give you the right coupon. When I purchased my 7950, NewEgg was the one who bundled the code in the shipping box.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You should contact the seller.....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    like the coupon says, never settle for anything less you are entitled too. make a stink

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Whenever something like this happens to me I don't let it go, mostly out of moral; keep pushing for an answer and a solution.

Out of curiosity, what country are you in?

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I only got useable codes for 2 of my games. The code provided by AMD for Far Cry 3 was deemed invalid and AMD is thus far refusing to provide me with a useable code.

11. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    Well i bought the card for the price and performance, but its amazing the difference from a few years back, i bought a 3870 toxic, and since coupons were handled by sapphire, they provided me with a black box code that was missing from the box. And even got battlefield 3 from them as a free promotion from them. So sapphire has showed much more simpathy for the customer than "amd4u"

Neo: I live in argentina, currently must qualify as import hell.
    Sykozis: Sad to know they didnt answer in a proper way.