Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hope dude is okay, but there is nothing to do with the game. it is London for you, 2am in the morning, walking alone, some idiots have nothing better to do. He could have been caring One Direction album for all we know and still stabbed and robbed. Either way hope dude is okay!

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm hoping my PS3 copy is waiting for me at home because it didn't arrive yesterday. I'm very much looking forward to playing it for the story, characters and sheer amount of things to see and do. What I'm not looking forward to is excessive object/texture pop in, aliasing and low framerates which are an unfortunate result of this terrific looking game being forced to run on dated console hardware. With any luck the gameplay will make me overlook the game's technical shortcomings but the PC and (hopefully) next-gen versions really cannot come soon enough IMO.

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I wonder if people are holding back on this gen and getting it on next gen, I am tbh and I hope it comes out before Christmas.

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah same here, i will be so pissed off if Royal mail left me a notification instead of an actual game.

Has anybody else pre-ordered it from GMG?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I say just drink a bottle of red wine before you play it, you won't notice the bad graphics :)

I am. I could have borrowed a PS3 from a mate, he said I could have picked it up this morning and keep it as long as I need, then I watched some ******s last night and was put off by the slowdowns. Then I decided to wait for either the PS4 version or PC version. I'll get the one that comes out first. The game looks really good btw, but I didn't want to spoil the first playthrough with below par graphics.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I am thinking of doing this. Haven't bought it yet....

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There's no evidence that it will be coming to PS4 or Xbox One though. The PC version is a certainty, I'm sure, but given the limited user base that the next-gen consoles will have for a few years then it may not make commercial sense to port it to the new platforms. I hope it does come out on the PS4 and Xbox One but I'm doubtful myself. To my knowledge, Rockstar have never released a next-gen version of any of their games (the PC version doesn't count!).

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Definition of "next-gen". And im pretty sure there will be next-gen Versions! Theres also "no evidence" it will come to PC, but you saw the PC and PS4 Code in the xml, yes?

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    haha, Michael def shouldnt smoke weed :D :D

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Its installing! yay so excited!

12. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Amazon failed to deliver on time for me. Paid extra for one-day delivery on Sunday, get an dispatch email confirming delivery date 17th September and I have no game. Another 24 hour wait for me!

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Amazon lol, never use Amazon if you want something on time Tim! They're good overall but not when it comes to delivering on release date :) Tim, smash through the game before next week so I can borrow it :) That's an order!

14. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Will do mate, if I ever get the game!

They drew me in with their cheap price of £34.99. Last time I use them for a pre-order! Shopto have never let me down but they were selling for £42 when I checked on Sunday.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Amazon is sold out btw. maybe thats why? lol..

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, even ShopTo were holding back GTA V deliveries, something to do with them not being allowed to get it to people before release date. Still, I'm sure you'll have it tomorrow, at least you still have something to look forward to after a tedious day of work :/

They might be sold out now, but I'm pretty sure they had stock when Tim ordered. Still, they should not send out emails saying you'll be getting the game on a certain day and then not deliver. Bad Amazon.

17. Dantrfc

Dantrfc Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
    got the game today from amazon, was dispatched on saturday, gotta say its an amazing game, but the framerate is awful at times, we need a pc version as soon as possible.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dream on, it'll take a while. I just installed GTA IV today on my PC and I'm shocked, it actually runs ok, 50+ fps most of the time, with some drops to low 40s and every now and then to high 30s, which is really rare. I remember running it on my old rig back in the day and seeing single digits, so I'm well happy with the performance. Still, don't mean to go OT, just saying I'm beating the GTA hype by playing GTA IV on PC, I still think I'll be getting GTA V for PS4 rather than PC, it just feels like more of a game that should be played on a console.

Oh, and before you lot start shouting that GTA series originated on PC, I know all that, I played the first 2 top-down games to death, and GTA 3 too, and IV etc, so no need to get all upset about it, but since GTA 3 these games have had most success on consoles and I feel like they should be played on consoles.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.