how can I specify accessory display

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Caelen, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    I have 3 monitors running 2d surround on sli gtx 680's.

Hooked up with 1'st DVI and DP on card 1 and 1'st dvi on 2'nd card.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/how-to-correctly-configure-geforce-gtx-680-surround#3

option 2

I have just got my occulus rift and want to have it as an accessory display, so it doesn't effect my surround setup.

According to the above page I should be able to plug the rift into either the spare DVI or HDMI on card one and have it as an accessory display.

The problem is then when i plug it into either then surround will disable due to configuration change. When I go into the control panel to re enable surround it will only let me use two monitors plus the rift to make my surround group and have my 3rd monitor as an accessory display.
    I believe it's making the monitor on DP the accessory monitor and then trying to make surround with the 3 devices on DVI.(which is the default sli/surround config)

Is there any way to specify which display should be an accessory display ?
    ie force it back to option 2 and not default.

Currently only my DP cable is long enough to reach one of my monitors so I would rather keep the monitors as they are.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    I usedd to have a similar issue where my accessory display was auto forced as a surround display. I neever found a way around that other than keeping it unplugged as I set up surround then plugging it back in afterwards.

However, ever since I rewired everything, it automatically sees the 3 proper monitors for surround even with the accessory plugged in. My only suggestion is to try and fiddle with the order of the cables/plugs to change the numbering of your displays and see if that helps.

3. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    ok,thanks for the reply, was hoping there was something I was missing. Will have a bit of a muck about with the connections and see what happens