Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    It works now, thanks.

Although the newer drivers still don't work, guess I stay with the manufacture drivers.

2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    What do you mean the new driver don't work? you cant install them or simply crash with them?

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Nah it's not that, I already told you before.

The install itself works but after it's done I get those black lines flickering all the time when I open up a program or move around objects with my mouse.

I searched it up and they say it's caused by the oc, because the oc is very high. I don't want to change the clocks so I'm probably stuck with the manufacture drivers, I reinstalled the manufacture driver btw. They say the manufacture drivers are made for the laptop because they can handle it or something like that, that's also why I don't get the black lines flickering on the manufacture drivers.

Also I found that you need to change your resolution and change it back but that doesn't seem to help either.

It's not a problem with the Uninstaller, it's a problem with the drivers or the laptop screen because when I change the resolution lower I don't get the black lines flickering and when I change it back to 1600x900 it causes the black lines flickering issue again. Ofcourse I don't want to play on a lower resolution.

I guess I stay with this driver which works best for me and I'll buy a new pc later on.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    ah ok.
    sorry for not remembering..
    There could maybe be a Vbios available for that who knows. I kinda have a similar problem with my Asus G73JH . Only manufacturing driver work and any driver after that = GSOD on intensive graphic load.
    A VBios did the trick.

Model of your PC/Laptop ?

5. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    That doesn't matter, haha :p.

FYI, I updated my bios to the latest possible, V1.21. I don't know if you mean that, anyways this is my model of my laptop:

Acer Aspire 7750G

Videocard: AMD Radeon™ HD 6650M, Up to 5107MB HyperMemory™.

A little notice: If you search acer 7750g 6650m problem on google, you find alot of problems.

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    A search on Google is not helpful at all in figuring out what you are currently experiencing with the latest drivers. Therefore it would just be better to simply say I'm experiencing this bug with a Switchable Graphics Setup using the HD GPU Name and a GPU Name or Using a single HD 6650m.

7. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Well I only said 6650M, So no not Switchable I have a single videocard.

Thanks for the post.

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The only bugs I can think of off the top of my head that you may be experiencing are as followed, Max Brightness Bug, Broken Brightness Controls, Possible BSOD's and Performance issues. So what problems are you currently experiencing with the latest drivers?

9. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    I've read it's about the oc stocks that they are too high and U need to reduce it lower or bump them higher so it will go away but I also found a thread in guru3D who also has a acer but another model with 6650M, who has the same problem as me.

Here is the link:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368894

He fixed it with changing the resolution as I told you but that failed for me, unfortunately.

Thank you in advance.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    When i think of it, all those problems are present.

Damn brightness slider is simply gone, even rolling back to driver that worked now isn't working.

Wtf...

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    You can try a full Cleanup with DDU followed by a roll back to 13.1 Official WHQL while also restoring Catalyst Control Center back to Default Settings then Finally perform a Catalyst Control Center restart by ending mom.exe process tree using Task Manager and proceeding to re-launch Catalyst Control Center. (It's not Guaranteed to work but I still recommend trying it)

12. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Dellon132, did you read the other thread that I listed?

There were pictures there to let you see what kind of problem I have.

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Sorry I missed your post. So you're basically trying to overclock your GPU without getting artifacts?

14. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368894

Well, infact I think yes.

But it didn't seem to work for him so I don't really know if I should change any settings I have now. Actually the manufacture drivers are fine now so I don't think I will change anyway.

Too bad I get these problems, ah well. I'll buy a new pc later on anyways so.

Thanks for the help anyways, Wagnard and Dellon132.

Goodluck with the DDU and important have fun working on it! :p

15. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Why is your code procedural, uses no polymorphism at all and has so many indentation?

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Is it really a problem?
    Because we are only 2 coders (personally still on learning phase), and we have not started a cleanup phase yet and it just work ok currently with its code.

Do you have suggestions?

I told earlier I was in need of more people so if you are interested there are free seats.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  17. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Not interested, but you should definitely start a refactoring right away, you will start having trouble developing and debugging in no time.

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    yes it is planned. anyway the project is already fairly complete.

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Release 7.0

-Improved the cleaning of DCOM/CLSID/TypeLIB/AppID (Nvidia only)
    -Removing the hidden drivers services correctly
    -Some crash fixes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    For the hidden service removal can it also be used as fix broken installation where users Get the driver not found Issue? For example, the cleaner would add a place holder service then perform a removal of that specific service.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.