MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 14(2013-08-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 16, 2013.

1. AtzeOne

AtzeOne Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX690
    Hi there,

is it possible in the MSI Afterburner to lock the using CoreClock und Voltage like the KBoost-Feature in EVGAs Precision X? I can' t find that feature (or something like that) in the Afterburner settings and CoreClock and Voltage clocked down sometime without hitting the PowerLimit.

With Precision X now, Clocks and Voltage are on the Max, till I hit the PowerTarget of the Card.

I would like to try locked clock + Voltage to the Max and higher Voltage with the modified HardwareProfiles together - aka as new Voltage SoftMod

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nope, sorry. K-Boost is EVGA's own development and I don't plan to clone anything like that

3. AtzeOne

AtzeOne Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX690
    Thank you for this super quick answer - again

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  4. Unwinder

Beta 15 with RTSS 5.3.2 will be submitted to MSI today. Changes list includes:

MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 beta 15:

• Added CPU temperature monitoring (Intel Nehalem and newer Intel CPUs only), CPU usage, RAM usage and pagefile usage graphs to hardware monitoring module
    • On-Screen Display text length limit has been extended from 256 bytes to 4 kilobytes
    • Framerate slider limit in “Videocapture” tab has been extended from 100 FPS to 120 FPS
    • Now flashing camera icon is being displayed in the top left corner of monitoring window when video is being captured
    • Improved DirectInput hotkey handler minimizes the risk of losing hotkey functionality until application restart under certain conditions
    • Added Turkish localization

RivaTuner Statistics Server 5.3.2:

• Improved encoding plugins architecture:
    o Now the plugins can be optionally loaded either in host 3D application address space or in dedicated encoder server application address space. Dedicated encoder server usage reduces the peak encoding performance a bit, however it may give you the following advantages in conjunction with Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin:
    - Minimization of different Direct3D synchronization/multithreading related issues. Host application 3D engine NVIDIA/AMD Direct3D device and encoder Intel Direct3D device are now isolated from each other and run in different address spaces and have much less chances to affect each other. Multithreaded optimizations no longer being forcibly disabled when capturing videos in Direct3D9 applications via Intel QuickSync H.264 plugin working in Direct3D9 mode with dedicated encoder server
    - Now it is possible to use hardware accelerated Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin to capture video from the games using modified Direct3D runtime libraries
    - Now it is possible to use software emulation mode for Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder without installing Intel Media SDK. Intel software emulation libraries are distributed with encoder server
    o Now the plugins can optionally provide extended error reporting info
    • Fixed previously available compatibility mode with modified Direct3D runtime libraries broken version due to introducing alternate experimental compatibility mode with modified Direct3D libraries in the previous version
    • Fixed incorrect compression ratio value displayed in OSD when capturing video in high resolutions (4 MB and higher framebuffer size)
    • Added high performance desktop video capture for Windows 8 and newer OS via DXGI 1.2 desktop duplication API
    • Audio track description is no longer being written to MKV file if audio track is empty, e.g. during silent desktop recording session
    • Various capture performance related tweaks:
    o Tuned queued screen capture implementation
    o Tuned pipeline flushing implementation
    o Tuned threshold for dynamic pipeline flushing control, the threshold is now set to 75 FPS instead of 120 FPS before
    • Improved frames timestamping accuracy
    • On-Screen Display text length limit has been extended from 256 bytes to 4 kilobytes per application slot. Third party developers using RTSS OSD support in their applications should refer to updated sample code in SDK
    • Added On-Screen Display profile for Rayman Legends
    • Updated profiles list

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Hey, Unwinder, excellent work on this program. Many many thanks.

Just one quick request, is it possible to get RTSS OSD working with 64bit applications? Or could this be included in a future update?

Playing Warframe, and Outlast 64bit exe and the OSD does not work at all?

Thanks again dude!

6. Unwinder

Not planned in the nearest future, too many development efforts because of too few 64-bit games

7. Unwinder

Done. New version has been sent to MSI, so I hope it will be available for download on the next week.

8. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hello, again,

is there any chance that this trick with the NCP4206 could be done with the GTX 780 Lightning ? I hope that I m not asking in a silly way as Lightning is SUPPOSED to be
    unlocked, however the reality is a bit different.

I d like to see the voltage control up to 1,3 V .

9. Unwinder

Yes, it is possible, but I cannot help with that, sorry.

10. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Thank you, I understand, but it is kind of sad buying a 1 stclass card that s being artificially crippled .

Could you pls at least state the denomination of that regulator ?:)

11. Unwinder

Beta 15 was updated a bit. I've added short CPU info (CPU model name, CPUID, locical processors count and Tjmax (Intel CPUs only)) to "i" window. Also CPU temperatures reading is now supported on Core 2 and newer Intel CPUs. I've also blindly added CPU temperature monitoring for AMD Family 10h and newer CPUs, but it has not been tested at all so it is currently disabled via CFG.
    ETA is Friday.

12. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Doing some overclocking at the moment, monitoring temps with Rivatuner for CPU (RTCore plugin) and MSI Afterburner for the GPU's.

Looking forward to the possibility of monitoring with just Afterburner on its own...

Thanks in advance!

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Excellent. Getting back to the old RT days :D.

Thanks.

Currently using P-X but plan to make the switch. Good job Alex.

14. Unwinder

Glad to see you, Marc! Yep, probably switch from Precision X to AB is a good idea if you need that functionality. I definitively not plan to add anything like that to Precision.

15. Unwinder

Sadly release date is shifted on Monday :( Some problems with MSI download server :(

16. baothyhoinach

baothyhoinach Guest

GPU:
    msi 660ti PE/OC
    780 lightning use CHIL, it easy to unlock voltage, you can find by google ( i did with my GTX 660 HAWK) goodluck

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow .. nice :D Would it be possible to add CPU usage too? I'd love to use just MSI Afterburner and not keep Task Manager open in the background.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    No worries mate, not really a big deal as like you said not many 64 bit games out there at the moment. Would of been cool to use RTSS OSD for BF4 when its out. But still I see you have your workload already near max. Is it really just you working on this software alone? Or do you have other coders, helpers etc?

I will second this, being able to monitor GPU, CPU, and RAM through just one program would be awesome.

19. Unwinder

Mrkk

Somebody seem to ignore that and tried to return back with new trolling? One more provocative post from you here and you leave this forum forever. I'm tired of wasting weekends and nerves on your aggressive stupidity.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  20. Unwinder

Please read full beta 15 changes list a couple pages above. CPU, RAM and pagefile usages are already inside.