RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yes, the first time you install the new version the installer will remove the Support Service and at first run the program will migrate all existing data to new format automatically.

2. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    That's great and the big question when can we expect this superb looking update :D

3. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    YAY! I had been meaning to ask about this... I was worried that I might have had to re-work the 430 something profiles that I have set up right now. :nerd:

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    OMG
    :banana:

Can't wait!

Thanks John!

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :D

Wow, impressive! You'll be happy to know that the new templating model is gonna make easier to maintain those 430 profiles.

:banana:

Oh, about some weird stuff I've found on some random forums, RadeonPro tech is not being incorporated into Catalyst drivers, the Frame pacing feature found on Catalyst 13.8 Beta is an AMD development and has nothing to do with RadeonPro; AMD never asked or requested RadeonPro source code and probably never will.

PS: is http://game.amd.com up to you guys? I can't access the site since this morning.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  6. Gof.dk

Gof.dk New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6800 GT 256Mb DDR2
  7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  8. Gof.dk

Gof.dk New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6800 GT 256Mb DDR2
  9. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    Are there going to be an option to display per core CPU load? That would be nice :nerd:

This pleases me greatly :nerd: And I'm like:

[​IMG] (F5)

right now.

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

11. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Bit of topic

@JapAMD why haven't you been taking on by AMD driver team yet? I mean the Work you have done so far on RP is just Superb.

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

Well, I could enumerate a list of causes but I guess the most important is lack of necessity and let me explain: RP was/is developed mostly towards enthusiast users; by giving all those million of AMD video card users some of RP features could make them confused or even angry when some function does not work as expected.

A friend of mine just sent me this link, an AMD rep posted on overclockers.uk about RadeonPro and I agree with him.

http://www.radeonpro.info/extlink/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  13. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's

Well it doesn't necessarily have to be monitor downsampling. Nvidia Inspector, for example, has several options such as driver based SGSSAA, among several other bits and options to force SGSSAA in a vast amount of games.

[​IMG]

It would be incredible to have that amount of configurability in Radeon Pro. I'd donate a generous amount for something like this.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, must agree it would be awesome, but bear in mind that all those bits and flags are actually supported by the Geforce driver, the NvInspector creator didn't invent them. Some of those features are already supported by Catalyst (CF bits and SSAA) in a limited fashion.

Long story short, unfortunately Catalyst does not support all those settings in a comprehensive way making difficult to implement such features into RadeonPro.

15. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Then please for the love of all that is holy talk to the guy who created this Program so that he can A)Update it and B)Give you permission to integrate it into Radeonpro. The feature worked and i was able to apply AA for games that did not support it, even DX9 defferered rendering engine games. It does exactly what NVInspector does

Pleeeeease

PS, you will have to translate the forum from German to English (or whatever language you speak)

16. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    That's good of them acknowledging your Work and providing you content to well your work better.
    But one thing lol I dont see why they couldn't add most of the features they say, could effect peoples games into the advanced part of the CCC
    :D
    That way people would know they dealing with advanced features.

17. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Exactly. They could put things like downsampling and bits etc. under "Advanced Settings".
    Done.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Things which we consider standard are already under advanced view menu.

Tho, Downsampling done on driver level instead of display scaler level would have higher quality.

19. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Hi John,

For one specific game (Aion) the RadeonPro Settigs OSD overlaps some game settings / bars. I am attaching a screenshot for illustration purposes.

[​IMG]

I've been trying to find a way to move it to another location (top will be optimal) but I seem unable to find a way to do it.

I can easily move the OSD for the GPU, Fan, but not for this.

Any hint will be appreciated.

20. grufferator

grufferator Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1G
    Mejiarma

Why would you need it to be ON all the time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.