AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Battlefield 3 is the only game I pretty much play these days (Some other shooters and simulators like Arma 2 & 3 as well), and I've had no issues with these drivers on 2x HD7970, but I'm on Windows 7 though, not Windows 8.

2. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    SO!!! I forgot to tell you... I think most of my BSODs were related to my OC. The first 13.8 is unusable even with no OC, but this new one was giving me some issues. After basically re-doing my OC from the ground up, I ended up needing a bit higher voltage in certain areas.

At first I put too much and then dialed it down. I used BF3 to test it out, so if anyone is having issues with the drivers. Try re-doing your OC from the ground up. It's more than likely the culprit of the issues. Except with the first 13.8, that one was just a mess for me. :bang:

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
  4. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    So far my finding, everyone who been getting BSOD with driver 13.8 is on Windows 8.

I was on Windows 7 and only changed to Windows 8 last Thursday when got my new SSD. My System was Rock solid even in the time I spent with Driver 13.8.

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
  6. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    No more Max Payne 1/2 with this driver. Even with the compatibility mode set to Windows 98. No problem with 13.6 beta 1/2, this is a step back by amd driver creator or it's my system?

7. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    So guys, I don't think there will be a new driver in a couple of days so I went back to 12.10 WHQL, the last driver that worked 100% for me. Here are my issues with the drivers:

13.8 Beta: works just as good as the 12.10 WHQL driver, but with missing switchable graphics settings. They also fixed some little issue I had in all drivers with Blender.

13.6 Beta: same as 13.8 Beta

13.5 Beta: Black screen when I log off and want to switch to another account. VGA Mode doesn't work correctly (black screen, no signal).

13.4 WHQL: same as 13.5 Beta + sometimes, CCC crashes.

13.1 WHQL: same as 13.5 Beta.

12.10 WHQL: works perfectly, but old. I'm running it with the 13.5 CAPs so I don't think there will be less performance than the other drivers.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Since Windows 8.1 was launched to OEMs a few days ago (and available to anyone else who knows where to look), I imagine AMD would have to make some kind of updated driver in the near future.

Last driver to support 8.1 was the OpenGL 4.3 Beta driver.

Can also confirm these drivers still don't work on 8.1 RTM also.

9. FiatLux

FiatLux Guest

GPU:
    Ati
    Yeah really, we need these betas or newer ones for 8.1

10. topkerrigun

topkerrigun Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 HD 2GB
    after a fresh win 7 install with the latest libs and .nets (3 to 4.5) and directx's from 9 to 11, i gata say 13.8 B2 is finally what i've been looking for.
    Games have higher fps and so smooth, stuttering is just gone.
    All the latest games are performing much better, most older games run normally too but for some reasons some of them don't. Morrowind with the mgo compilation drops frames so hard it scared me. Even tried different mgo renderers, no cigar.
    Idk.
    Oh wells, overall this is an excelent driver, the first one in a LONG time in my opinion, since the last 12.xx series. Their new stutter framepacing is actually really great, driver just feels stable and effecient.
    unfortunately it doesn't seem compatable with some older games, not all. Possibly this will be fixed in the future.
    Also, I reccomend a fresh install. My system was clean before over time I think no matter what driver cleaner you use, it somehow corrupts system files or settings and over time **** just gets unstable, and you think it's the new driver's fault.
    It's not... it's really not.
    Also, win 7 is great because I can just install a new OS on the same ****ing OS without losing any files...hahahah just too ****ing sweet, only 20 minutes of waiting for perfect gaming experience with these drivers (well except that some games just don't actually work with these but did with 13.4, and actually much better with the latest 12.xx

11. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
  12. lordlala

lordlala Guest

GPU:
    amd mobilty 6770m 2gb
    As I posted earlier in this thread, I was able to make this latest beta driver work and it's working pretty well (I have switchable graphics too), and I'm not entirely sure if this was addressed or not, but now my fan won't stop running. Are there any tweaks I could make to get the fan to work as normal or is it just something I'll have to suck up and accept?

Thanks in advance.

13. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    And that is the reason for I still don't bought these two games at steam.
    I always have compatibility problems under windows and new drivers from AMD. Sometimes it works and sometimes don't, lol

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    if it's on steam, what about disabling steam overlay for those games?

15. SeriousStone

SeriousStone Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 2 GB
    So, Has anyone tried this 13.8 Beta2 on HP's laptops with 6770m & Intel? :)

16. lordlala

lordlala Guest

GPU:
    amd mobilty 6770m 2gb
    SeriousStone, yes I have the same video. I have this exact driver working right now and I have a crude write up I can share on how to get it done with the dual graphics chip, if you wish to see it.

The only catch 22 is I can't get the fan to stop running but that's a small price to pay and I keep my laptop plugged in all the time anyways. Let me know if you want to see what steps I took.

17. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    Is anybody else experiencing a weird slow-down of the mouse when hovering over a webpage in Chrome browser since installing the 12.8 beta? Before this update, I never experienced this issue.

18. grufferator

grufferator Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1G
    They work for me. I played for a few minutes BF3 and Crysis 3.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You're 100% sure your using 8.1 RTM, and these specific drivers, and that they actually installed? Could be possible CIM installed everything else but the display driver?

Care to give a screenshot of the CCC Software tab, and the Driver tab under device manager? Like:
    [​IMG]

If you did that folder replacement thing that was suggested in the past, you're running an older driver.

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    well it should be clear never but ever a driver package display + wdm for windows 8 will work for windows 8.1 provided by AMD for AMD hardware

WB6A_INF + WB_INF for windows BLUE

W86A_INF + W8_INF for windows 8

windows 8 are weak and old from now on, end of story and waiting :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013