MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 14(2013-08-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 16, 2013.

1. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Very nice new feature! Thanks once again for your "non-stop improving" mode.

2. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    That must be the reason my performance was degraded so much when recording Dishonored. My comparison with DXTory meant that my degradation in performance was ignored/overlooked.

I really don't want another argument with you so I will just say thanks for your attention to the performance issues when recording Direct3D9 via the QuickSync plugin.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, that is not the reason.

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Unwinder, thanks for the work you´ve been doing so far with this great software.

Any change a future beta version can allow to show real-time voltage monitoring on a R7770-PMD1GD5? I can change voltage fine but can´t monitor it. Is it possible to implement or just can´t be done? I would like it for learning purposes.

5. Unwinder

Nether L6788A nor uP6204 VRMs used on cheap R7770 series provide voltage monitoring loop.

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks.

7. basco

basco Guest

GPU:
    560tfII
    just want to say big thanks to unwinder for your time and work !

greets from austria

8. Caedo

Caedo Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    In trying this, I encounter the following error trying to save the cfg file after editing in notepad:

[​IMG]

I'm administrator, so I shouldn't have any access issues. Ideas?

9. Unwinder

You should have such issues while attempting to edit any file in Program Files. Run noteoad as admin

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If I remember right, what I did was copy file to desktop , edit it there then move it back to AB folder .
    I think I closed AB to before doing it .

Make sure under permission your user name has full editor support (under properties>security ) of the folder

never tried admin on notepad , that might be easier .

Edit: I just checked trying to make notepad run with admin rights under properties and its all grayed out .
    I don't have issue anymore with editing directly , so not sure What I did but pretty sure I ran into access issue first time I tried to edit it .

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

11. Caedo

Caedo Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    Thanks, I can edit the file now. The only change I've seen in Afterburner is a my voltage reading is now missing from the perf logs. I guess this means my 680s don't have the NCP4206 controller.

12. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Did you tried using the 3:20h parameter instead of 4:20h?

e.g:

VDDC_Generic_Detection = 0
    VDDC_NCP4206_Detection = 3:20h

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  13. Chypsylon

Chypsylon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX660M
    The latest Intel Driver (9.18.10.3165) for HD4000 apparently causes issues with Quick Sync. I had to revert to an older Version to get it working. Other software like MediaEspresso and Action! is affected as well so it's not solely Afterburner related.

I noticed that recording with Afterburner using Quick Sync causes 100% CPU load and Framerate drops to <20 while recording with Action!, with Quick Sync as well, has a much lighter CPU load and minimal frame drops. Am I missing something obvious or why is there such an extreme difference?

14. AtzeOne

AtzeOne Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX690
    Hi there I have a Question for the new Voltage Mod with the Hardware Profiles. I have a GTX 690@water. With Mod I can go high to 1300Max at Vcore now. When I start 3DMark or a Game the MSI Afterburner OSD shows around 1.2V GPU Voltage (I am not using more in the Moment) und a Core Speed at around 900MHz. But when the Benchmark runs and the Turbo kicks the GPU-Speed high to 1150 MHz, but the Vcore lowers down. With Mod @heavy load the Voltage is lower (between 1,65-1,69) than without the Mod. Without the Voltage-Mod the GPU-Voltage is nearly the hole time at ist Max with 1,75V under Load.

I edit the 2 GPU BIOS for the GTX690 with a Power Target @150 and after that with PowerTarget @190 but is the same. I only see the higher Voltage when there is no Load on the GPU's.

Does someone tried it by himself with a GTX690 and saw an benefit?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  15. Unwinder

Plain wrong. There are no changes besides you see monitored voltages with mod vs TARGET voltages without mod. VRM always use loadline calibration and voltage always drop under load due to LLC. It is a question of seeing (with mod and direct VRM monitoring) and not seeng it (with default NVIDIA voltage control way), VRM always behaves this way regardless of mod usage. And that is exact reason why I hide real voltage readings from the beginners, too complex for understanding and causes "bugreports" like this one.

16. Unwinder

It is known issue of 9.18.10.3165 driver, it doesn't install properly if you install it on top of older Intel driver. Manual register and driver files cleanup is needed to get it working, I had to follow this way myself after upgrading Intel driver. More details can be found here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/394298

Intel promise to fix it in the next driver verison.

17. AtzeOne

AtzeOne Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX690
    Sorry my english isn't the best, I am from Germany. What you mean exactly, the Voltage thats been shown in the OSD is not the real Voltage when using your Mod?

But why its shows the higher Voltage without Load?

You mean to ignore the lower Voltage thats been shown?

Thank you for this mega fast reply

18. Unwinder

I mean that you don't have to touch voltage control and use power user oriented mods if you don't understand the basics. It is the real voltage and it is correct. The value that you see without the mod is TARGET voltage. The value that you see with mod is voltage readback from VRM which is supposed to be lower due to LLC.

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Nvm. :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  20. Chypsylon

Chypsylon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX660M
    Thanks, that worked for me.

The CPU load is now a bit lighter with the new driver but the framerate still drops way too much during recording. I'm still curios as to what Action! does different while recording with Quick Sync :confused: