AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. lordlala

lordlala Guest

GPU:
    amd mobilty 6770m 2gb
    Screen dims after install

So, I am not sure if this has been addressed or not and if so, I apologize.

I have an HP DV7t-6100 series (dv7t-lm422av to be exact)

The latest drivers from HP are back from 2011 and I've been getting annoying pop ups on steam about having an old driver.

So, I took it upon myself to go experimenting and different versions. Obviously, I had to install the catalyst control panel because of the dual gpu setup, so when I tried installing newer drivers, I installed the driver only.

Now, every single driver I have tried so far has resulted in a blue screen of death and required me to uninstall the driver and go back to the HP one.

This is the kicker; the new beta 2 driver that was just posted actually worked BUT my screen stays dimmed and there's no way I can find to bring the brightness back up, no matter what I do.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try? Or am I really stuck with the ancient HP certified driver?

Thanks in advance!

2. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    For me crossfire isnt working with splinter cell blacklist. Does the game support multi gpu?

edit

I see nvidia users have sli working by making a profile and enabling AFR 2. Is there something similair for amd users?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  3. colin87

colin87 Active Member

GPU:
    270x xfire
    On my 6990, the crossfire option was there. When going through reviews of the frame pacing driver on 7990, I can see that the option is still there.

[​IMG]

In any case, as stated previously, get MSI afterburner to log GPU usage, then you'll know that the second GPU is working.

If worried about your scores/benchmarks, go compare 7990 frame pacing reviews with your score.

EDIT
    Ok can't link a site or the image, whatever then!

4. Prasad007

Prasad007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB
    I'm having a problem... whenever I try installing this driver, my screen flickers endlessly when installing display driver update. If I force restart, this continues and there is no display! I can revert it with system restore but bottomline, I'm having issues getting this installed. This never happened with 13.6 Beta2 (last installed driver) or any other driver I ever tried from this site. Any advice would be appreciated..

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What's your process of uninstall/install new drivers?

6. Prasad007

Prasad007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB
    The usual... Like I said, I've never experienced this before. I usually just install on top of previous drivers, as I've had some bad experiences regularly erasing drivers.

7. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    You won't see the CrossfireX on/off option under the Frame Pacing on/off option unless you make a profile for a specific game .exe. Then it will give you the option to turn CFX on/off for that title. It doesn't seem to have an option to turn CFX on/off for all programs in this driver set.

I know it did in the previous beta drivers, they must have left it out in these or something.

8. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    AMD problem. They screwed up one of their uploads to one of their EU servers.

Search the internet for a mirror please.

9. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    You need to change the FeatureTestControl value found in the registry.

You probably need to have something like F840 or F940.

Leshcatlabs has a tool for that in the driver extractor package. It should fix your brightness keys / brightness.

Considering you have an Intel + AMD card. .. I didn't check your specs.

10. Lerun

Lerun Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7990
    I have the same card, and only see the frame pacing option.
    Also if you want more stable clocks in game disable ULPS...this can be done using MSI afterburner (get beta 14 build) and in settings you can disable ULPS.

If you have other problems use the AMD cleanup util
    AMD Uninstall Util

11. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    I did that process now but with beta 1 drivers and it doesnt work for me... I cant download beta 2 now

12. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    I guess the game requires 2 GPUs to run well then... thanks.
    I planned to get a 2nd 7950 when the BF4/Watch Dogs bundle dropped so this gives me more reason to!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It's broken and no install/uninstall pricess is gonna change that. Funny thing is i tried LeeKM 13.8B2 at notebookreview and boom, worked.

I'm forced to rollback though, got some graphic corruption with these.

14. lordlala

lordlala Guest

GPU:
    amd mobilty 6770m 2gb
    Thank you FunkyMike. You were absolutely correct.

The correct value I discovered was the f940.

I used the Lesh tool (even though I could have easily just edited in registry too, since I found it in there) to update it. It was option "A" using the Lesh Brightness fix tool.

Thanks again! It's nice to finally have an updated driver and not something from over 2 years ago.

15. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Yeah I tried these and it worked too but its not Wddm so I switched back again. We should ask Leek if he provide us the fix only

16. Bouzoo

Bouzoo Member

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    It says that the file is not complete when I try to run it?

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Great drivers for Saints Row 4!

Ultra settings and get anywhere from 45fps to 120fps, very smooth feel only stutters/freezes for a split second when auto saving but I put that down to my ancient hard drives lol.

18. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Good drivers for 6800 series, highest fps I've seen for LoL, all games run smooth, no crashes. Feels better than 12.4. :)

19. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    one of my little time waster games Bejewelled 3 has intermittent cursor flickering with these drivers it also had it in the previous set aswell...... but other than that ( I can live with it) these are great drivers

20. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Active Member

GPU:
    7970 crossfire-1125/1575
    Can someone please confirm if Splinter Cell Blacklist has a crossfire profile with these?

For me, Crossfire isn't enabled. The game performs reasonably enough. Forcing crossfire on via the control centre leads to crashes.