AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Finally got around to installing Windows 8 to my laptop (7660G + 7670M); it has the Switchable Graphics menu option on Explorer context, but does not actually have the menu available from CCC...

Also the Desktop driver didn't include the driver for my 7670M, so if you do own mobility hardware, you probably should actually get the mobility driver :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I just tested Alan Wake on a 7970; no bouncy triangles here.
    Did you restart your computer first? Usually bouncing triangles happen if the display driver has crashed and recovered/vpu recovery, either on the desktop or in windows. Funny enough, Battlefield 3 doesn't seem to be affected by a vpu recovery, or DirectX 9 games. Seems like it's DX10 stuff that gets buggered (3dmark Vantage, etc).

3. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    Not Ocing my card and can't exactly OC my system at least for it to be worth it (see sig). The witcher 2 gave me some troubles in the foltsam forest( sight texture flash). So I went back to 13.2beta7s (yes they are old drivers) and all my Alan wake troubles went away. I'll play a little witcher 2 this weekend and if I have any troubles, I'll report back only if I do.

edit: I always reboot after a fresh driver load. I use atiman to uninstall my drivers first which does it's reboot to uninstall.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  4. ShooterFX

ShooterFX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD7990
    OK i disabled ULPS and boom...BF3 crash and PC freezes. Enabled ULPS and BF works fine. so seems not Browser related for me at least but with my card ULPS must be enabled on BF3 at least.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That's sums it up, if you have switchable graphics laptop avoid this driver.

I really though it will work on W8.

6. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    :confused:sorry to hear it didn't work. Have you tried previous driver 13.6beta2, since that was the driver the person who changed to win8 told me it worked for that particular driver on a(6520G+6650M configuration).

So 13.8beta is giving the same old problems as Win7 for switchable graphics laptops...this is a travesty and maybe a waste of time to move up to Win8 if none of the latest drivers work. Hopefully AMD will address this issue so we don't find our dual graphic laptops dated these next few months.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I haven't tried any other drivers atm; probably might just go back to 8.1 preview and use the OGL 4.3 driver (that one had Switchable Graphics for me).

8. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    So, how about Windows 8.1 Support.
    Is this driver supported for Windows 8.1?
    Can I Install them without any issue.
    Advice.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

These drivers have no support for Windows 8.1, won't even install, at least on x64. Tested desktop and mobility drivers.

There's a report of being able to drop a folder from an older driver install onto these drivers to make it install, but I'm pretty sure you'd essentially end up with an older driver install, and thus make such a method pretty pointless (you may as well just install the older driver)

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I believe it should work but It is not officially supported. There is a windows 8.1 driver out there but it hasn't got these fixes (its older). Windows 8.1 has not been released yet (its still a beta test-release candidate) so don't expect much from AMD for now.

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

AMD has a 8.1 Preview-specific driver, and their OpenGL 4.3 Beta drivers work also on 8.1. Prior drivers could also be installed on Windows 8.1 Preview via Win8 compatibility/Device Manager. All things considered, I think AMD has done a pretty decent job at 8.1 support for now.

These drivers however have zero support for 8.1 (just the Display drivers; you can install everything else if you want like the Pci Bus driver, CCC, etc.). Won't install in any way as-is. No idea what AMD did to make these drivers not install, but maybe they had good reason.

12. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    I have the stuttering cursor as well running these drivers under Win8 64-bit. It's most apparent when hovering over mIRC tabs and MPC-HC buttons.

Additionally I have severe FPS drops at random in some games that are not GPU bound.

13. ShooterFX

ShooterFX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD7990
    These drivers are running great on my 7990 but did anyone try these on 3 way xfire? the reason i am asking is that i want to get a 7970 but dont want to lay out the monies now if it not supported

14. hellrush

hellrush Guest

GPU:
    3x Radeon HD 6970
  15. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    *sigh*

I'm just hoping AMD can release frame-pacing drivers for single GPU configurations, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Why not read up on what the frame pacing tackles?

Single-GPU does not need frame pacing. The stutter you might see in a few titles is a completely different issue.

17. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I correct myself with the zero problems statement.
    Cursor sometimes starts flickering extremely rapidly without any reason (even when I am not moving the mouse).

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Not seen a single flicker here tbh but I get some strange glitches on Elizabeths clothing in Bioshock Infinite though. That's all I've seen so far.

19. Vengeful#1

Vengeful#1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 OC 3GB
    Not really any major problems here using this driver under a single HD7970 setup, the Firefox random artifact problem still exists, and i have had one adobe flash player crash but that's about it. Game wise it seems to work nicely with Guild Wars 2 which is the only game i've tested it extensively on.

20. hellrush

hellrush Guest

GPU:
    3x Radeon HD 6970
    I just did a 3 hour session of Tomb Raider no crashes it was pretty smooth not sure what was causing my freezes before.