Driver for Borderlands 2 ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CalinTM, Aug 5, 2013.

1. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Excellent Game, is broken.

This.

Take a look at my system, this is because I want a solid 60FPS on a 60hz screen - it's why at this stage I always tell people 120hz is a bad idea, it's amazing at 120FPS but, hardware is weak, coding is bad, people say 40FPS is playable (lol) these are the people making Nvidia STINKING RICH but that's another story.

Hence, your in a world of hurt mate.

Many years ago, I sold a nice 60hz monitor and went for a 120hz monitor and my god, worst move ever, trying to maintain 120FPS (or even close) lmfao.

So I got rid of it, best your gonna get putting all you can into it or lowering details enough, is 60FPS 60hz (in 2013 what a joke lol) and this does not include Borderlands 2, it can't be done in Borderlands 2 as stated above, the game is broken, but in general I am speaking.

Until more people start demanding performance for triple monitor setups, 120hz gaming, etc etc, we are stuck with chasing 60FPS at high details.

Just be grateful you are not like me, and use VSYNC - you would probably cut yourself trying to play 120hz, I know I would.

Good luck with Borderlands 2 it's an awesome game, but your gonna have trouble holding 60FPS (I cannot hold 60FPS in Borderlands 2 on my system) so 120hz quit the game or change your monitor for 60hz.

That's my, not so helpful advice.

Just one thing to add, pray for the time people are using 120hz 4K monitors, or 120hz triple 4k monitors (I DREEEEAAAAAAAM of this time, it's perfectly possible now btw they just won't release it all yet while they are able to make just as much money from 10% of the power required hardware) when it does arrive though, you can be damned sure you will then be able to play your games on your single 1080p 120hz monitor at 120FPS with high details - YEY!!!

Bout 5-6 years I would say.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Ok, i realized that physx in crap, basically all games that have nvidia's physics are crap, and the physx particles don't match in the game lore, it's so worse when you shoot in rocks and on the ground drops some nasty pieces.

So i decided to play on physx on low, it's more lore friendly and classic game look.

Well, that's that.

StealBalls@: Yeah mate you are right, i bought this 120hz monitor because the 60hz monitor have nasty input lag and the desktop experience is so nasty on 60hz, everything moves sluggish.

Problem with these 120hz monitor is that when the framerate drops below 90fps, you can feel the sluggish, and i dunno why, i'm not using vsync. These 120hz monitor are build to be fast on high fps ?

Also, if i put my 120hz monitor to 60hz i get very nasty desktop and games input lag, the lag is soooo big, i move the mouse and in some massive miliseconds the mouse moves there.

And i remember clearly when i had 60hz monitors the input lag was more reduced. Basically if you put an 120hz monitor to 60hz is exactly when you put a 60hz monitor to 30hz.

Anyone could explain this to me ? Why on 120hz monitor nerfed to 60hz in games feel soo laggy ??

Also i remember when i used 60hz monitor all my games played soo smooth on vsync to 60fps, never dropped from 60fps. And now i have problems, not because i have lower framerates, but because for example in a game if the fps drops from 100fps to 85 fps, i can feel the difference in a second, the image moves more with flickering and sluggish, and i need time to accommodate with the lower fps, and when the fps is up again to 100fps (or more) i can feel the 120hz incredible power, the gameplay and mouse input is soo nice, like a dream, or an old CRT.

So i did a mistake buying a 120hz monitor ? Now my gameplay experience is more sluggish (because i don't have a monster PC to sustain minimum 100 fps all the time, it makes 100 fps about 70% of time on games, the rest is on average 70fps).

I think i will buy a 60hz monitor again....

The big question is why the hell when putting 120hz monitor to 60hz mode, it feels to sluggish and has massive input lag both in games and desktop.... and compared with an only-60hz monitor is much worse.

It's not the same damn 60hz ?

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I'm sure it's more gearbox fault than physx or nvidia, in batman u can play with physx with good FPS. run this game without physix, same areas will have same fps drops. i checked it so many times. it shame cause physx in borderlands 2 is awesome and most have.

As about 120fps at 120hz, yes it hard to maintain it with every game maxed out, but for me it's the BEST move from 60hz to 120hz, 3D is awesome as well(s23a700d). don't mind lower settings to gain 100-120fps at 120hz...

4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The tranzition is like this: you play some game at 120-130fps in some areas, then in other areas boom, you get 70fps, then you feel the gameplay more sluggish and slow, and you need time to play with 70fps, then again boom it's back up to 120fps and it feels again super smooth.

Ok this i understant, but when i move my monitor to 60hz it is sooo laggy....

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    u got point. i got annoyed from that as well, 70fps on 120hz fells laggy but on other hand 70fps high fps by all means. it hard to sustain 120fps ALL the time, besdies light game or mid games, some games are poorly optimized so that effect it as well

Borderlands 2 i play with cap of 72fps, it not good as 100+ but it better than 60.

6. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, you either buy the old 60hz monitor and play on 60hz (but you lose the super smoothness of 120hz and the bwb response time). Or you could cap your fps. And get used to that fps (capt it on more than 60fps).

I really don't understant why on an 120hz monitor if it reaches below 85-90fps the gameplay is so sluggish, and if you think about 70 or 80 fps that frame rate is considered a very good fps.

It's like: 120hz monitors display 70fps (for example) like a 60hz monitor displays 40 fps.

It's so dumb....

I thought if i buy 120hz monitor i will be able to take a shoot at 120hz, and if my games don't boost at high fps, i could lower to 60hz and have the same experience compared with an only-60hz monitor, but it's not that.

120hz capped to 60hz = 60hz capped to 30hz aka. 120hz monitors are build to be used at 120hz only and have minimum of 90 fps in games to feel smooth.

This is soo wrong. the good side of 120hz is that your entire desktop feels super smooth and your mouse has very low input lag.

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    probably newer types will fix it in the future, when 120hz will be more mainstream

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Too futute-like, maybe in the future they will make 120hz monitors when switched to 60hz to be the same as a 60hz monitor.

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    or even smoother. i hope 60hz on future 120 will be smoother than original 60. but current 120hz is pure epic

10. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    The problem is people are seemingly oblivious and happy buying technology from several years ago, so why should companies move forward when people think there TV is all high tech n scheisse when it's actually some average POS from 5 years ago which can now simply connect to the internet.... and, what else, lets make it so it can..... urm, SMART TV! YEY there we go, now we can sell the same old crap for another 5 years, call it SMART TV! and continue making loads of money for fk all effort.

This applies to tech in most areas, specially PC Hardware.

Being ripped off, is what we are.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, but who thought an 120hz monitor when switched back to 60hz, he will run soo bad compared with a 60hz only monitor. This issue is not covered in reviews.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Your asking a lot from a single 680 on a 120hz monitor. 7ou would still be asking a lot from 680 sli on a monitor like that tbh.

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Considering it's using an ancient engine, it should be no problem. My FPS is good in BL2 mostly but some areas are just terribly optimized. Not to mention if I raise the framerate cap over 60, the game stutters terribly. Can't even use my 120hz with this game.

14. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    one high end card should be more than enough in principal for a single 1080p screen even at 120hz however you are right, it is asking far far too much.

However this is much less the case with borderlands, it's the game and it's not at all GPU demanding with PhysX on low.

I regularly get drops below 60FPS in Borderlands two and I am pretty sure I do not have GPU1 and GPU 2 at 100% or my 6 CPU cores at 100% at the times of these drops, which is what makes me very annoyed with games which do that, I can accept much better if i hit a wall, be it either GPU or CPU.

but if i have 48FPS and I am looking at 17% GPU usage and a CPU which is falling asleep at the wheel then duck for a rant lol

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I meant in general should of specified better.

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So conclusion is that 120hz monitor is crap, you need super hardware power to play games (not talking about borderlands 2).

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    False, 90% of my library gets the full benefit from the increased motion clarity. It's just a few games here or there, or the really demanding ones where the benefits are lessened.

18. aufkrawall

aufkrawall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC 2-Way SLI
    Who says that one needs 120fps with 120Hz?
    If you play without Vsync you always benefit from it (more Hz = less tearing and smoother).

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    QFT. 60fps fighting looks way smoother in 120hz monitor

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:

True, but im talking here about when the fps drops you never get used from 130 fps super smooth and then boom fps drop to 70 fps and you can feel the sluggish gameplay.

Yep, the best part is that you never need vsync, cuz the flickering is almost 0 in games.