SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedoncho

pedoncho Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gt240 1gb
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO CREATE A SHADER THAT MIRRORS THE IMAGE?
    USING IT IN GAMES LIKE SKYRIM WOULD BE LIKE CREATING AN ENTIRE NEW LAND MASS, of course id disable it when talking or using menu.

2. dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    hello everyone, im new here and i desperately need some help

i've been using sweetFX for a long time and never had a problem until yesterday, i decided to switch from a HDD to a SSD so i had to reinstall windows and everything that comes with it, so i reinstalled my games and placed the sweetFX files on the respective folders but now none of my games will work on dx11, they were working fine before, im going crazy because games without sweetFX look so dull to me now that i don't even have the desire to play them, examples, with tomb raider 2013 i don't have the options for tessellation and a couple more options are missing, when i try to run f1 2012 it gives me an error saying i need a graphics card that is dx10 or 11 compatible but as soon as i remove the files from the games folders everything comes back to normal, any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I never posted in this thread. I just want to say this is a fantastic program; i tried it on borderlands 2, after figuring out how to make it work with afterburner, and it made the game look so much better in terms of colors and contrast. I´ll be using this for pretty much any game. Great job to whoever created this - well done.

4. haints

haints Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6290
    Does anyone have any idea why disabling SMAA would disable ALL of Sweetfx?

Am I the only one who can't enable Sweetfx without enabling SMAA?

5. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    What Windows are you on?

I know on Win7 that the update ending in 838 breaks SweetFX but it breaks it entirely and not just DX10/11. While you've given a lot of info it does not help if we don't know the OS. :p

SMAA is not actually disabled when you set it to 0; Don't recall the specifics of what setting it as disabled does other than not being able to edit it's values. As for your question that's a new one for me, question is are you enabling AA in-game? Some games don't work with AA enabled in-game, especially with MSAA.

6. dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    im on windows 7, i have done a clean install twice already and only install updates up to January this year just to be safe but nothing, nothing works, is so frustrating, i even went back to old drivers for my video card just to right that off but nothing, is so weird, im losing hope

7. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wrong thread.

D'oh!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  8. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Because currently all shaders need the SMAA code to inject.

To reduce the performance impact and effect of SMAA, do this:
    #define SMAA_THRESHOLD 1.00
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 0
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 0
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 100

AND #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING should be 0

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You can use radeon pro if your on AMD card and not have to use SMAA. I did it all the time with my 5770 xfire when I had them. I truly miss Radeon Pro. Wish nvidia had something we could use to sweetfx the same way with.

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Let's do the run down then:

Are you on the latest version of DirectX? (Obvious answer but better safe than sorry.)
    Did you back up those games with the steam backup option? if so did you try validating those files?
    Can you run SweetFX with a dx9 game?
    Have you tried using Boulotaur's injector? If not give it a try.

11. haints

haints Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6290
    Thanks for responding!

This is the setting I tried changing:

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.

To me that reads as 1 enables SMAA, 0 disables it.

If not, then how do I disable it? With it enabled I lose between 9 to 10 frames ...

Forgot to mention that I do have in-game AA set to off ...

12. haints

haints Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6290
    Thanks for responding, sidspyker!

If I set "USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING" to 0 then SweetFX doesn't run at all. That's the issue I've been dealing with.

But I will try the settings you recommended and report back

Thanks again!!!!!

13. Solas

Solas Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI 5770
    Hi!

I'm admittedly running 1.3 of this and it works great...except for Neverwinter Online. I tried steering the game to the launcher.exe, it just launches the game normally. I tried the gameclient.exe, even with admin privileges and the game hangs on login and times out. I am really genuinely stuck as to how to fix this (the files are in the Live folder for the game, also) and I haven't had this problem on any other game I've installed to thus far. I am running Neverwinter on their DX11 Beta and I don't know if that could be causing a conflict? Or maybe PWE have just disabled all third party software access.

Any tips or suggestions? Happy to answer any questions at all.

14. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Cheers for this.

Yeah I used to use It with RadeonPro on my 7970.

Now ive got a GTX 780 though !

Would love it if there was some way to use SMAA with VirtuMVP :(

15. manoffaith

manoffaith Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX465 1GB
    Left 4 Dead 2 SweetFX

After installing Win7 x64, (bolotaur 2024) SweetFX stopped working. At Win7 x86 it was working fine, even with ingame AA ON. I tried to use dll files from (bolotaur 2024) SweetFX(x64) folder , but no reason. The location where i put SweetFX files is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\bin (it was working at Win7 x86) Also i tried to put SweetFX files in Left 4 Dead 2 folder and d3d9.dll to the bin folder, but no reason. Ingame AA is Disabled. fraps, EVGA Precision are turned off.

Can anyone help please?

Sorry for my bad English...

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Do you have ingame AA disabled ?
    What does the logfile say when you run it ?

17. manoffaith

manoffaith Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX465 1GB
    Yes i've disabled ingame AA. Game runs, but sweetFX does not work and no reaction at enable/disable button. Game does not run(without any messages) only If i put d3d9.dll to the Left 4 Dead 2 folder, but as i know it's normal for source engine ...

18. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    There is a log file that is created when you start a game with SweetFX and it crashes. Check the file to see what the problem is.

Also, if you were using a older SweetFX prior to bolotaur 2024's. You need to delete the old SweetFX files and folders, including the injector file.

bolotaur 2024's injector doesn't require the injector file that SweetFX 1.4 used.

19. strik3r

strik3r Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Tryin to get this working for 'Lord of the rings Online' (lotro) but had no success yet. Seems to do nothing. Has anybody any experience with this game and sweet fx?

I also tried to use the 64bit injector version but also: no effect at all. Am i doing anything wrong or is lotro just incompatible to sweet fx? :cry:

Edit: Playing on windows7 64bit, game runs in dx11 mode.

Edit2: Nevermind. Got it working fine now. I just forgot to disable FSAA ingame.

20. manoffaith

manoffaith Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX465 1GB
    see my previous post:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4632186&postcount=1335
    Game does not crushes, it runs, but sweetfx's not working(have no any effect). There is no any injector file, or other SweetFX files, only bolotaurs sweetFX files(I'm not noob). (As i sad game crushes only, if i put d3d9.dll file to the Left 4 Dead 2 folder and it's normal for source engine, d3d9.dll files correct location for source engine games is bin folder, or another folder) Sorry for my bad English, if my previous two posts are difficult to understand. I have to learn more English...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.