AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Are there any other Llano users who can also vouch for this? I'm not doubting your stories at all, but this is the first I'm hearing of it, and only from you two.

2. zarker

zarker Member

GPU:
    sapphire 7870
    In other words - do not buy AMD graphics cards?
    I agree

3. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    TriFire works good

13.8 Beta works great on 7970 TriFire on Eyefinity across three monitors @ 120hz....Smoother than 13.6 playing BF3.

BaNsHiE

4. karnasw

karnasw Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7850 2GB
    Still exists black squares artifacts in Firefox. :(

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    However the frame pacing is still not working on Eyefinity and it has some trouble with Trifire. These are supposedly coming in later phases, Eyefinity for Phase 2 (soon - later this month) I believe.

6. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    Don't know what problems you are talking about, I have not had stutter in BF3 since 12.1 drivers even with two 6990's i ran before. Two biggest issues for crossfire and trifire is heat and power... Water cooling and running two power supplies have solved both for me. These drivers (13.8) seem better with more overclock.

BaNsHiE

7. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    To All users with LLano cpus + dual graphics (eg. PlsHelpMe,etc), Are you on Windows 7 or Windows 8?? I have an Asus K53ta dual graphics llano AMD A6 and I know a user of my laptop found "Windows 8" allowed Switchable graphic menu to be visible & function with 13.6beta drivers. But on Win 7, the same missing switchable graphic menu problem existed. So maybe all recent beta drivers 13.6b & 13.8b only work properly for Llano dual switchable graphics only if they have Windows 8. I'm hoping we can get AMD to fix this for a future driver since I prefer Win 7. (Presently 13.4whql was the last good driver to work on my Llano dual graphics laptop using Win 7.)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    Your profile for firefox must be messed up or you're using an old version.. I have no black squares with it at all. Using the latest version of FF.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/948987

check that your addons are up to date.

there's this here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837489

in the address bar type "about:config" (no quotes)
    search for
    gfx.content.azure.enabled

set it to false and restart the browser.

I'm coming from drivers 13.2beta7 since alll the other drivers didn't play nice with opengl.. These give my openGL based QW a 7-10 fps boost and they seem stable.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Interesting.

So it means i need w8 in order my drivers to work? That's a dawnfall...

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    When you get a driver that supports frame-pacing for your configuration, then tell me how it feels.

2 x 1200W PSUs for 3 7970s?...

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    :) Man you must be pushing some uber clocks to need that much power. Hope you got the fire company on speedial, lol.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He doesn't need that much juice. Ever. Even one of those 1.2kw psus would be more than enough.

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    You never know, maybe he's powering a cooling solution akin to this one in tandem with his rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwzaGizOgsg

14. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Indeed interesting, thank you for that information. AMD really screwed something up. We should keep reporting (and don't forget to annoy AMD with Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics!).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  15. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Has anyone figured out the whole BSOD thing or is everyone still just ignoring it?

16. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    I thought that when you went with a 2nd PSU for Trifire/Triple SLi you usually kept the 2nd PSU to around 600w and just used it to power 1 or 2 of the cards. What exactly is the point of 2x 1200w PSUs? I thought Radeon GPUs sipped power.

On Topic - These drivers are working great for me, I still haven't checked for flickering water distortion when walking through water in Skyrim, but from what I checked while indoors in a dungeon the frame chugging while moving the camera around is completely gone. That's something that none of the past drivers have been able to do for me.

I'm pretty happy with this set!

17. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    everyone? cut the crap already. If you need help, describe the problem and you will get help.

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

When I OC my GPU too far, my computer BSoD's :p

What's this BSoD thing you speak of though specifically? There's only two cases where I've BSoD'd:

- OC'ing my GPU too far
    - Playing Nexuiz in DX11 on Windows 7

19. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    "2 x 1200W PSUs for 3 7970s?..." Thats right, i'm not having problems. Besides i had both from the Quadfire 6990 build. Can't have too much power, right?

Thermaltake power calculator does not add for overclocked GPU as they do CPU, so my power need is higher than 1113 Watts. I would get game crashing, blue screen of death and driver reset and has started again errors when running on one power supply, since i have been on two power supplies i have had none of the previous mentioned problems.
    I have had 850 watt,1200 watt and 1500 watt. the 1500 watt was ok butt seemed like alot of power thru a single power supply so i gave that to my son.

BaNsHiE

20. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    Can i ask what kind of 1200w? AX1200?