AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    True, it's really on the game devs to provide AA options. I really like how BIS does it in Arma2 and Arma3 with the in game downsampling options where you get to choose from several intervals. It'd be nice if more devs did this.

2. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Nvidia fully supports downsampling through their drivers. They added this option to their drivers long ago. AMD doesn't, along many other things they don't seem to care to implement. To the fool who said AMD doesn't support downsampling because it "burns their cards", you have no idea what you're talking about. What silly, silly statement.

Anyway, the new driver is very nice. Performance seems to have increased for me in more than a few games as well as feeling noticeably smoother.

3. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    again direct 2d aps as with almost all betas since after 13.4 are slow or just don't display properlly i hope whql doesnt have the same trait hell even 2d games like AOE2 get broken

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    After a lot of testing on single HD7970 I did not found measurable improvement. But for some reason games feel smoother than before.
    I use stable 120fps@120Hz even if it means decreasing details. Smite feels very good.
    But this is subjective feeling and may be caused by that drinking party few days ago as I may be temporary slower instead :D

5. Verios

Verios Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    Very disappointed to hear that downsampling is broken, if there's no significant difference for single GPU cards I am tempted to revert back.

6. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Even if you install over the top? Boo.

7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

>"I can't downsample! This has ruined my gaming experience entirely because I can't apply 40x SSAA to my games! I'm switching to Nvidia for this and this reason alone!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

8. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Some quick numbers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to stop being such a cheap skate and actually buy 3DMark so I don't have to sit through everything to run Fire Strike...

9. RiPLeY78

RiPLeY78 Guest

GPU:
    7660g+7670m / cf 6950 2gb
    Trinity mobile user here. 7660g+7670m.

Can confirm, switchable graphics menu IS there for me.

Sadly, no frame pacing option available in graphics sub-menu, neither in game profiles.

10. stigbeater

stigbeater Guest

installed fine but now every time i start up a game my second card starts running at 100% all the time back to 13.6b2 for me

11. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    It only work for GPU to GPU & not APU to GPU for now.

12. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Disable ulps

13. RiPLeY78

RiPLeY78 Guest

GPU:
    I now, but there were only llano users reporting for now, and they have the switchable graphics menu not showing problem.

I was just confirming that at least for me, in trinity, switchable graphics menu is there.

14. RiPLeY78

RiPLeY78 Guest

GPU:
    Have to say too, i'm really disappointed that dual graphics users are not in the mind of AMD in the first place because:

1.- It's a new technology, meaning we are not "old generations" users (though the architecture is, the product is not old by any standard).
    2.- Dual graphics setups suffers from stuttering far more than high-end solutions, meaning that the problem is much more aggravated here.

And also, now i read that they are thinking on fixing high resolutions and eyefinity next, before taking care of dual graphics setups, which mean we are low in the qeue. I simply believe it's not fair. As I said, we're not talking of 3 year old products, but mostly 1 yr old, and still we have to suffer a low priority philosophy for support.

15. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Thanks, so it's a problem with Llano APUs... meh.

Can't say how much I agree with you here. We should constantly annoy AMD and reporting.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    No, its not a problem of APU. AMD doesnt support those configs yet in these beta drivers, thats all. Stop that hunting for witches.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  17. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Mobility Supported Cards:

AMD6760.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series"
    AMD9647.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6520G"

18. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Why is it always me that doesn't have any problems with the new BETA drivers? :D

19. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Supported by .inf doesnt mean they have support for specific features.

20. Vengeful#1

Vengeful#1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 OC 3GB
    Are Caps included in this driver? should the 13.5 cap1's be installed with it? Im just running the driver on its own currently and it seems to be working perfectly atm.