Geforce GTX 780 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bishi, May 23, 2013.

1. USFORCES

USFORCES Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780 SLI @ 2560x1600
    Mine are on the way :)

[​IMG]

I'm going to be using the EK universal blocks off the 680's on them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. FeDaYin

FeDaYin Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 ref.
    2500K @ 4.2ghz / MSI GTX 780 Stock / memory kingston 1600mhz cl9 2x4GB
    With +147 core, boosts to 1137 in games.
    ASIC: 71.6
    I can OC more but I dont need to, I like that I got above X5000 in 3dmark11 with +147 core and nothing else, meaning I already beaten Titan and it's all I need, for now...

Unigine Valley, 1920x1080, 8xAA, 1 monitor, Quality Ultra

[​IMG]

And with +147 core and +150 memory (6308 effective)

[​IMG]

Unigine Heaven, 1920x1080, 8xAA, 1 monitor, Quality Ultra, Tessellation Extreme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Metro Last Light Benchmark

Settings to maximum, 1920x1080.
    Bench on maximum, 1920x1080
    Bench on maximum without SSAA, 1920x1080

Hitman Absolution Benchmark, Quality Level: Ultra, 1920x1080

MSAA OFF / MSAA 2X / MSAA 4X / MSAA 8X

MSAA OFF / MSAA 2X / MSAA 4X / MSAA 8X

3DMark11 with +147 core and no memory OC: http://i.imgur.com/VKLDg5J.jpg

3DMark with cpu at 4.2 and stock gpu: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/810991
    3DMark with cpu at 4.2 and +147 core and 6308 on memory: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/810867
    3DMark with cpu at 4.7 and +147 core and 6308 on memory: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/820904

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Just received a Gainward Phantom GTX 780 "GLH" Golden Sample. Apparently is quicker than a Titan out of the box. Should have some fun over the w/e :)

Wacked it on the never, never. But hey, just had to be done!

4. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I've been getting a little bit of the same and it seems like its the drivers, I don't get it with older drivers. Try the whql (or others) or wait for the next release.

5. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Just ran Firestrike Performance and returned a graphics score of 10344, fresh out of the box. Guess that looks about right?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nice, I was looking at that gpu for a while. How are the temps?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  7. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    If I loop a 3d mark stressful test shoving max load onto the card, then it will eventually hit 80C, but its very, very quiet whilst doing so. But from what I read, I'm lead to believe that all cards will hit that due to boost 2.0 functionality. So quite normal to the best of my knowledge.

So far I love the card. Being a Total War nut, I'm already getting a noticeable improvement over my 680 there. Was unsure about the upgrade for some time, but no regrets so far. I also like how all 3 fans can be removed from the cooler, without taking off or touching the cooler/heatsink as they slide in and out individually for cleaning. Great design. :)

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  9. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Yes, I must have read that review half a dozen times before clicking on the buy button lol.

Btw going by the Firestrike performance and extreme tests, it would appear to be within less than 1% of that of a Titan, at default settings i.e so fresh out of the box its effecitely delivering Titan scores. Synthetic tests only of course, but gives us an idea. I managed to get it for £550, which whilst expensive, comparatively I think its great.

10. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Water block fitted ok on the GTX 780.

Loaded iracing and watched a oval truck race with 15 guys in it and highest gfx temps were 46c that's with gfx settings maxed and 2 pass and the fps were 300 plus changing to 600 depending on view selected.

Very pleased with the card temps seeing its in the same loop as 2600k @ 4.5 and the pc is silent again.

Idle temp is 27c

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

11. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Ok so at the moment I have my EVGA reference 780 Watercooled with EK block on stock bios, with a core clock of 1100 mhz/ 1140 boost. But I want more!

I see many bios versions creeping up now and this will be my first attempt at flashing the bios. Question is,

Which is the best one. So far I have come across 3 Roms which seem to look good.

1. HydroCopper rom - trickmaster pc
    2. FTW rom - trickmaster pc
    3. Classified OC edition v03

There are more but which is the best to aim for. Personally my cooling set up is pretty fantastic and utilising the space of the 900D case. But I can't find much on which is the most stable bios to use.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    @JD
    Looks real nice john great job

@war

I'd think you might want to make that decision for yourself.
    I always like to monitor voltage everytime i try a modded bios just to make sure they downclock and have 2d and 3d voltages.

I tested a few bios but none of the above you listed so cant really give you some feedback on them.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  13. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Thanks for the feedback Cowie.

Maybe I will give the Classified ROM a go and give feedback on it. Some of the information looked promising to say the least.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    New afterburner is pretty awesome! i can up the voltage to 1.3v.
    not that i will ever go that high, but its bettter then the default 1.2v or flashed 1.21v

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thats good to know white
    1.30v even still should be ok with the custom cooling cards.

16. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    yes but its 1.3volts all the time, 3d and 2d. no thanks

17. Jerrix05

Jerrix05 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB
    Add me to the list!
    Just purchased my eVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB and i <3 it! Upgraded from a 3 year old PNY OEM GTX 580 1.5gb. Paired with the stats in my profile, its good stuff!

Of course, games like GW2 and other certain MMOs still show lackluster performance in large outdoor fights with TONS of people. This is obviously a CPU bottleneck with how the game handles character position calculations, so i can't blame the card! I uninstalled TERA because that POS still had lousy frame rates, I'm over it :p

BorderLands 2 with Max graphics, High PhysX is just STUNNING. With Vsync off, it sits in the 100s of FPS, drops into the high 70s at its most intense point with PhysX flying and big gun fights
    Final Fantasy XIV: ARR (for the time i've gotten to play) is also quite stunning, fps is pretty solid 50-60s (Vsync enabled) even in crowded areas.

I was a little suprised at Metro 2033 benchmark performance. It was quite stuttery in DX11, which made my Min Framerates drop to single digits in the read outs. I've uninstalled the 326.80 and reinstalled 320.49. Haven't checked it since then, if that fails I'll fall back to good ole 314.22.

Overall I'm impressed, even though it was some chunky change i had to dish out :) any observations or driver version recommendations? Also any settings i may need to change to unleash this beast? :) Thanks gurus!

18. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Congratulations. :)

Btw I wouldn't worry too much about the Metro 2033 benchmark. I always found Metro 2033 benchmark to be stuttery, on both my 580 & 680 and so would expect no different on my 780 (cant check as I don't have 2033 installed anymore). However, I found it ran very well & smoothly actually in the game it self.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'd look into the afterburner section of forum and ask around there what possibilities exist with your card using the laTEST VERSION OF PROGRAM.
    I'm hoping to join club as well, however i'm not intending to OC, gonna run it at stock for a while.
    Ocing can only take you so far, it's the number of cores it has is what really matters, obviously the 780s have many so yeah, i wouldn't worry about 'opening it up' for a while. (vram matters too but the 780s have super fast stuff so ..

20. Jerrix05

Jerrix05 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB
    No self-OCing here. It was OCed outta the box. Its gonna stay that way :) I never touched my OEM 580, it was amazing out of the box as well. Good to hear I'm not the only one with stuttery Metro 2033 benchmarks, had me sweating lol!

Now its time for a 120Hz monitor :p