Nvidia GeForce 326.41 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 30, 2013.

1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    You have to delete the Geforce Experience folder and then the driver will let you install with custom options. I really hate the fact that nVidia is trying to ram that garbage down users throats.

I almost pulled the 7970 out of the kids rig and gave them this 670 because of the above, they wouldn't let me do it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    About this driver, yep BF3 AA is finally fixed, but now it can streaming stutter.. Very rare though and happens after 20-30min, i played with frames to render ahead a bit and i think i found a compromise.

Ingame frames to render at default -1?
    in driver +2 since its worse at auto render ahead; for example by earlier r320 it was better at auto.

3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Nothing to be sad about if the 314.22 which i also use are perfect, which they are. Not sure whats the deal with these 320's and 326 drivers, but im staying away from them with my 550 ti.

4. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Check it out at http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=380053 to see if solve problem.

5. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI

Why in every driver thread are you always crying about how you are staying with an old driver instead of trying to contribute to the thread. the whole point is to try and point out bugs so Nvidia techs who obviously read these forums and fix things based on FEEDBACK can fix them? why do we need to read you posting QQ drivers dont work staying with 314.22 I wont say what is going on Ill just cry and whine in every driver post. Go ahead and troll me General but everyone else feels the same but wont post like I am about it.

6. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    the problem is there's no actual feedback, I asked an interesting question about KB2670838 update and 32x.xx drivers months ago and never got an answer, this Manuel dude here is nothing but a glorified link to Nvidia support forums.

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Manuel sends a lot of our feedback to the driver team and keeps us up to date about any news on drivers. He doesn't have to be here, a lot of members are glad that he is.

8. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    If you installed the 1.5.1 it will ask you to update to 1.6.0. Then geforce experience will work ok on that new version.

9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I'm not the only person who said these drivers or the whole 320 site is bad lol
    i tested the new drivers but none of them work well with my card, so i said what others are saying, they're bad. nothing wrong with old drivers.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    In other words you didn't test these right? 'Nothing wrong with old drivers'... well that isn't exactly true either if the older ones don't contain fixes or game profiles for newer titles. Personally, I'm getting a bit annoyed that I've not had any real driver issues to rage about. :3eyes:

11. Caedo

Caedo Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 680 2GB
  12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Who was that aimed that exactly? The General? If so, he's content (though perhaps unjustly) using older drivers he deems superior. So the point you make is moot.
    If you are just making a blanket statement, I don't think anyone here expects their 2 year old card to get a giant boost, no one is freaking out like you say.

Actually, I think you are probably of the same mind as The General. I'm guessing you are going a round-about way of saying people with 'older' cards should use older drivers anyway.
    And yet the problems that exists in the newer drivers also effect newer cards. So again... the point is moot.
    No one here expects a driver to make a 550 ti max out Crysis 3. It is you sir who needs to chill!

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Absolutely. Plus this isn't the only place he has to go and wade through the hundreds of posts not to mention other things he probably has to do for his job.

He's only one guy. I'm thankful for'em as it is.

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Same here. I'm on the 314.22's too. They run everything great. Drivers after this one, not so great.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  15. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    No, it's still not fixed. Chrome is beginning to have the same issue as Firefox with lock-ups now. Desktop freezes are still a problem with these drivers. Games that I have tested seem to work great with this set, but other major problems; such as, desktop freezes and browser lock-ups out weigh the positives.

16. RaineMagnus

RaineMagnus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 690
    One thing to seriously consider here is that there's a major difference between being relatively idle (on the desktop / browsing the internet), and while playing games.

Whenever you're in games, games are exerting heavy demands on your graphics hardware and thus your card is kicking into high gear / highest clocks, *and voltage*, per its operation (at almost all times). Importantly, the voltage applied to the card is consistent / stable / never changes.

Browsing on the otherhand, such as in Firefox, you're stationary on a page whenever reading (clocks go to idle state) .. and then you "move" the Window or scroll down the page to get more text into view. This is repeated, over and over and over and over again, through the entire time that you browse, similarly to in any text-editor that uses WPF rendering (such as Visual Studio).

--Due to hardware acceleration being used -- clocks go to maximum state, and then once again scrolling stops, clocks come back down. It's a perpetual ping-ping game of max / min core and memory clock-speeds.

Aka, for emphasis:

Code:
    -Min clocks
    -Max clocks, 2 seconds later
    -Min clocks, 2 seconds later
    The above clock state changes are very good at de-stabilizing a Graphics Card, and generally seem to point to it being defective. Every friend of mine that's had this issue, including myself, has resolved it by simply RMA'ing.

Different drivers tend to step up / down clock states at different speeds, some drivers thus being less stable than others for certain hardware. However, the real solution is to just get your defective card replaced.

I've personally had problems with Firefox with my first Geforce 580 ... eventually, being fed up I finally got it replaced. The replacement worked perfectly with all drivers that prior "didn't work", and continues to work flawlessly with all future drivers.

-I'm not saying "for sure" that your card is defective ... it's always possible that there is legitimately a driver issue. Yet, I'd strongly suspect hardware fault.

17. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    When looking at cards like this one:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_770_WindForce_OC/31.html
    I doubt that every single one of these can handle 1136MHz at 1.08V. Some partners were just too optimistic. Dunno about the 500 series, but they likely screwed up with some Kepler cards.
    I never had any problems with chrome and hardware acceleration with any driver at all.

He's a customer care representative I guess, not a driver developer. That's his job, pretty much. Just because your specific problem / input isn't being replied to directly, that doesn't mean it wasn't noticed. If somebody looked into KB2670838 and forwarded the issue to Microsoft because it's not an NV driver issue, we'll probably never know about it. The update is known to cause issues with other browsers than IE10 which it was deployed for (*cough*).

18. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    10% FPS drop in every game vs 326.29 for me. Reinstall

19. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    Mine does 1300MHz on heaven benchmark flawlessly.

20. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    You didn't quite get the concept of clock profiles or binnings.