Nvidia GeForce 326.41 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 30, 2013.

1. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080Ti
    ^This... Big Time!
    I understand people want that continual increase in the so called "3DMark" scores, but honestly they really mean squat as opposed to real world gaming.

At some point it becomes a diminishing return factor. Your card is only going to perform so much. If you think your GTX 560Ti is going to get an significant FPS increase because of some new drivers, you're sorely mistaken. Ain't gonna happen.

Now if you want drivers that give you fixes and stability, without losing fps's, fine. Otherwise go back to a driver that works well for ya...

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This happened to me once with one 310 or 314 driver; go to windows own resolution setting and check there

[​IMG]

3. RaineMagnus

RaineMagnus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 690
    Looking like rock-solid drivers so-far per initial impressions.

Many hours / full day spread across a replay of Crysis 3 and Alan Wake: American Nightmare, as well as some surfing with hardware acceleration enabled in Flash Player and Firefox. No system lockups, TDR's, or stuttering issues to report.

--Performed extremely well with Crysis 3 in terms of loading times / texture loading. Much better than the last two beta releases for me for whatever reason.

These are worth giving a shot if you've not already.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Same old BS then, go back to 314.22. I used to get that same thing with my 460s.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Solid driver for me so far :)

6. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    **** driver for me , metro last light dlc still gets to 8FPS and doesn't go any higher. Sli not kicking in even a little.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oops wrong thread

8. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah so far no issue & it's very stable.

9. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    same here, shimian 27" is working with these again :banana:

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I`ve noticed Steam overlay on the picture. You can try and disable it.

11. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    No probs here in SC2 (win8 64).

Nice FPS improvement for Company of Heroes 2 (about 10 fps for min and avg ) , good work driver team :thumbup:

@ ManuelG, please ask driver team to fix flashing ground texture in Company of Heroes 2 when using SLI AFR2 (forced). You can test this using the in-game performance benchmark under 'options'.

I took 2 screenshots to show what ground textures are flashing;

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well these drivers don't make my Catleap useless, so that's always a plus :)

After a quick test though, I've noticed a speed increase in Crysis 3 with these drivers over the previous 326.01 drivers I was using..

So these are definitely keepers!

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Had a hard crash on BC2, WSOD, rollingback to 326.01.

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I have an 120Hz monitor and i have too 59 and 60Hz setting, so its normal.

15. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Higher utilization = lower clocks. I have to reduce my OC from 1280MHz to at least 1241MHz with every 320 driver, otherwise BF3 crashes. You can't tell the difference anyway.

16. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Try disabling or downgrading PhysX.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I played a number of games with these drivers last night including MotoGP 13, Zeno Clash II, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows demo, Deadlight, BioShock Infinite and MX vs. ATV Reflex and they seemed fine with no major issues. Nice to see the Deadlight crashing bug has been fixed so quickly.

I have a minor issue with MotoGP 13 not running as smoothly as it should be though; it seems to suffer from what I can only describe as frame-skipping, like it is moving forward 5 frames then jumping back one resulting in minor hitching. It's very noticeable when cornering as the game judders noticeably, though not to the extent that it becomes unplayable. I'm unsure whether this is a driver bug or a problem with Milestone's game engine. The game seems to be running at 60 fps, no problems, according to EVGA Precision X's OSD. Does anyone with the game (obviously!) see the same issue? (I guess it could be caused by Precision X too; I never thought to disable it and try)

*EDIT*
    MotoGP 13 is the retail disc version by the way not the Steam one (it doesn't use Steamworks surprisingly).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  18. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Yeah, BF3 utilization is consistently higher (as are temps) for me, and framerate is improved in Dirt Showdown & BF3 (only two I have tried yet). I was on 326.01 before and now am on these 326.41's... 110hz X-Star DP2710 for 24/7 gaming, working great here (I had no issue with a black screen like others reported with other 326 drivers though).

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I almost forget, mainly because the BioShock Infinite DLC, Clash in the Clouds, is so damn ordinary and forgettable, but when I was playing it yesterday the game was running great on maxed out Ultra 1920x1200 settings except when I looked at the weapons rack between the Waves. I saw my v-synced framerate drop straight from 60 fps to 30 fps just looking at the guns and there was nothing happening to cause such a huge framerate hit. I was in a small room with Elizabeth and no-one else. If I looked away to another part of the room then the framerate went back to 60 fps!

Has anyone else experienced that?

*EDIT*
    The game is clearly only double-buffered but it does raise another point about the lack of native support in the drivers for triple buffering in Direct3D games. We have support for OpenGL so why not Direct3D as well? Should we really be expected to use five year old and now unsupported third-party apps like D3DOverrider to enable triple buffering in games that don't support it natively? And I don't like screen tearing at all so Adaptive V-Sync is not a solution to these 60-to-30-and-back-to-60 fps dips either.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    And another issue, although not directly related to the driver but rather GeForce Experience v1.6.0, which was previously working flawlessly but now seems to have a tendency to stop responding when selecting various options such as scanning for Games. The previous build, v1.5.1, worked without a single issue. I'm wondering if the introduction of this new Shield feature has brought with it unintended bugs...