Nvidia GeForce 326.29 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Nono06, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Same BL2 crash as 326.19, and from the looks of it this bug is affecting all Unreal 3 engine games.

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I played TERA Rising, UE3 Black, Dishonored, and a host of other UE3 engine games, but Deadlight is the only one that crashes. It happens only on 326.xx drivers.

Deadlight crashes only when I transition into a new area, any new area from any point in the game. Files are fine as I verified them on steam.

I have no issues with Borderlands 2 as others seem to be mentioning problems.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. area2000

area2000 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    This driver seems not to crash and freeze the System with 460 cards.

Testing please

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    You keep posting about this, but it doesn't make any sense.
    For one, there is no such thing as system.exe, from the taskmanager it's just called system. It's not an executable. It's where the windows kernel lives.

No one else reports having this problem, if you ask me it sounds like a virus. And yes, it is possible that the problem goes away when you install an older driver, obviously your system is unstable in the first place. Do a clean install of windows (don't install whatever you think you need), I bet you the problem goes away.

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    I'll bite. Havn't had a good crash from a Nvidia driver in a few days :rolleyes:

I will report back in the morning how it went on my GTX 460 SC.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I would also confirm this but I have not gotten my 460 back from Nvidia yet.

7. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Anybody tried SKYRIM with ENB? Wondering if the Sunglare is still shining through objects.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Deadlight still crashes to the desktop on resuming a savegame with these drivers so other than having OpenGL 4.4, which no game currently uses anyway, these do not seem any better or any worse than the previous 326.19 drivers I was using. There doesn't seem to be any obvious improvements, additions or fixes that I can see. To all intents and purposes these appear to be the 326.19 drivers with OpenGL 4.3 replaced by OpenGL 4.4 and nothing else.

9. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Yeah, it's an OpenGL 4.4 Beta. See https://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

10. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    While not being listed in the list of supported cards, this driver runs with my two 660ti just fine.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Check the event log to see what the error is. If it's a problem with Kernelbase.dll then a revalidate usually fixes that as I found out with Aliens: Colonial Marines this morning when I had the same crash upon resuming my save game. After revalidating the game I was able to continue the campaign without any problems, although it is a rather joyless experience, I must say!

If it's a Ntdll.dll crash then it is probably the same issue as Deadlight (also an Unreal Engine 3 title) and will require a fix from NVIDIA. Alternatively, you could go back to the 320.49 drivers, which is what I may do if I have any more games other than Deadlight crashing with these drivers.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    With drivers, anyones opinions on them are useless. I've had solid experiences with all 320.xx drivers incl 320.18 while I know others had a miserable time with them. Everyones hardware, software configs are different and may give different results. So you can only test yourself and see.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Deadlight issue may be to do with a specific version of Unreal Engine 3 or even PhysX. I downloaded and tried Chivalry: Medieval Warfare last night with these drivers and it also ran fine despite being a UE3 title. Aliens: Colonial Marines, also UE3, works fine as well, although I did have to revalidate the game cache.

14. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Yeah, it's Ntdll.dll.

I honestly didn't mind what I played of that game too much, it looked nice and had an interesting setting. Unfortunately it was the actual game part that brought it down...

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ SSJBillClinton - Deadlight works fine with the 320.49 drivers apparently so I suspect they may work for Remember Me too. Whatever is causing the Ntdll.dll crash is very probably the same one for both games, seeing as they both use Unreal Engine 3. It may be a specific build or the version of PhysX they use, which might explain why other UE3 games run fine, e.g. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I would report the issue directly to NVIDIA and then revert back to the 320.49 drivers. I think I'm going to do that tonight and wait for more mature r325 drivers, though knowing NVIDIA they'll jump to a new driver branch and a fresh set of problems by that point!!! There only seems to be minor improvements and fixes between the r319 and r325 branches anyway so I don't think I'd lose much going back to the older driver and I'll likely gain stability with more games.

16. area2000

area2000 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Ok, it runs better ... But it freezed again with my 460 :( *sh*t*
    Back to 314.22

17. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    With 326.29 GPU temp is 80 deg in BF3. It is too hot(noisy). With 314.22 BF3 temp was 75-76 and noise was acceptable. Else is good.

18. JeffJ

JeffJ Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    Reporting back with a GTX 460 SC, it's actually running fine, no more lockups/freezing in the browser or when watching flash videos. Didn't crash in Skyrim or Bioshock 3

is running about 5 degrees hotter thought.

i'll do more testing tonight.

19. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    DeadLight crashes on startup. Going back to 314.22 :bang:

20. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    i get some randomly too with my 460, 314.22 are the last set that work properly for me.