RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    I Just want to give John a big thx for Radeon Pro. It's a life saver and a staple part of my gaming interface..

Jesus... that sounded like a pitch from Don Draper.

Anyhow,Thx.

P.s. -=Best feature is the super awesome "Change option for double clicking". Serious... If your as stoned as I am some nights while gaming you should install it just for that :banana:killer app!

2. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Thanks John for info on .bin files.

Ended up it is an Aion launcher problem. They are now launching the game with Admin status>.>....

Lots of flak on Aion forum about it. Hopefully they fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  3. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    @Japamd
    Do you know why Batman AC dont work with RadeonPro? I have tried everything only way to get game working is to close down RP.
    No big deal just seeing if you have an easy fix something I missing.

Thanks

This what happens when I try to run game with RP open.
    [​IMG]

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
  6. razes

razes Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 WF3
    Really love using Radeon Pro. Awesome tool, but is there a way to disable triple buffering?
    Cause even tough it is unchecked in the setting, the GUI still shows it as enabled:confused:

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Some games have triple buffering enabled by default inside the game. RadeonPro shows whether Triple Buffering is enabled or not, but it doesnt indicate whether it is being forced by RadeonPro or turned on by the game itself.

With what game(s) does this happen with you?

8. sh4dow

sh4dow New Member

I have 2 simple questions about RadeonPro...

How can I differentiate between SGSSAA and OGSSAA? Are both methods even possible with RadeonPro or just one?

I guess it's really 3 questions...
    The third one being: I've just tried to add Grid 2 to RadeonPro but it will neither adapt the proper AA settings, nor even show the OSD.
    Others have reported it works, so I wonder what could be the issue for not even the OSD showing up?

9. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Wait, SSAA is possible with RadeonPro? Is it like Catalyst which only supports DX9 titles?

10. Cy4n1d3

Cy4n1d3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 TF3
    Hey japamd,

RadeonPro causes (sometimes / most of the time) my Palemoon to lag.
    Palemoon is a firefox build optimized for windows systems (Link.

The lag appears while Palemoon resizes windows, popups, setting pages etc.
    It's also quite strong while filling out forms - the dropdown to choose the fitting phrase takes a few ms to show up. Filling out forms can be quite time consuming this way...
    The problem disappears as soon as I close down RadeonPro and it does not reappear if I restart RadeonPro. It does however as soon as I restart Palemoon with RadeonPro running.

Any idea what's causing this?
    Is there a way to have RadeonPro ignore Palemoon?

Cheers and kind regards

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It just like CCC, SSAA DX10/11 is supported only on 7xxx cards, as long as the game engine allows it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  13. Cy4n1d3

Cy4n1d3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 TF3
  14. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    RP isn't working with Rome Total War... anything specific that can be done to get it to work with it? Settings don't apply and also no fps counter, nothing. It's like it doesn't recognize it at all.

15. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    With Company of Heroes 2 beta, I get strange graphical anomalies and the game stutters a lot if I have RP enabled. I normally have the "Disable API monitoring for games not in my list" enabled but I wanted to see the FPS counter in CoH2 so I disabled this temporarily, so I guess it would have been using my Default profile.

I think it must be one of the settings on the Advanced tab that's the problem, as everything else is either disabled or set to Application controlled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Don't worry, most people don't even know RadeonPro has an user's manual.

plywood99 reported a few posts ago that aion wasn't being detected by RP but it was the launcher that is starting the game as admin at its own will, maybe it is the case of Rome Total War? You can find out by starting RP as admin, then launch Rome Total War as usual to see if settings get applied.

Please create a profile for COH2 and play with settings to see if you can isolate the cause.

Anyone else playing COH2 can confirm the random garbage seem in dove's screenshots?

17. Cy4n1d3

Cy4n1d3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 TF3
    Hehe, right :)
    I've been searching through the community helpdesk but didn't find something for my problem.

Just to report back though: after several restarts the problem still seems gone after adding Palemoon to the compatibility list. Thanks again and please, keep up the good work!

18. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Here's a slightly weird thing.

Before seeing your reply, I tried disabling Surface Format Optimisation and setting the Flip Queue Size to 1 in the Global Profile and then I didn't see those strange glitches. However, I'd toggled the Disable API Monitoring settings before launching COH2 and it seems this resets the Global profile settings to defaults (in fact just opening the Settings and clicking Save does, bug?) and so when I launched COH2 it wasn't using anything different than previously!

Anyway, I'll create a profile for COH2 as you suggest and see if I can identify the related setting.

19. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Its a bug with the actual game rather than RP, I get that non rendering square when switching to different antialiasing settings once the game has loaded without RP even running.

20. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Strange. I was about to report it as a bug on the CoH2 forum but then thought I should test without RP and without changing any in-game settings, it disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.