XBox One to cost 499 EUR - 499 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I cannot f***ing wait till my fridge requires internet access only so that I gotta pay a monthly subscription to a farmer so I can use some of the milk Ive already bought.

I work in a retail shop that sells tools, I'll gladly sell Microsoft some shovels at a discount price so they can dig themselves into a grave even quicker. Looking at all the info thats been confirmed I can safely say that I have never witnessed such arrogance and stupidity from a company which is now clearly showing what happens when a console is designed by a money hungry committee that is totally out of touch with the market and Its customers.

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If I had to choose between the two, I would go for the Xbox One.

It is pretty much a mirror of the PS4 spec wise (besides the lower shader count) and it has pretty awesome features like the Kinect2 and media center integration (HDMI passthrough, etc).

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    768 shaders vs 1152, 50% less shaders, yeah real comparable. It'll be even more "mirrored" if the PS4's CPU is the rumoured 2GHz instead of 1.6GHz.

Edit: You do know that it's not just the shaders that's less on the GPU, right? Everything is less, the ROPs are supposedly 16 instead of 32, etc.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    What are you guys talking about? 500 euro is like what a GTX770 costs here add +25% taxes and it's about the price for a 780. My rig cost me about 1800 euro, so that console is pretty good priced.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    xbox one is down!!!!! I repeat xbox one is down!!!!! Quick someone call an ambulance Wii U Wii U Wii U Wii U
    [​IMG]

http://imgur.com/gallery/L4ML3kh

Not my idea, just sharing.

6. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Love that comment with the shovels :) seems that Bill should go back to his old firm and grab Ballmer by his ball$ and defenestrate him together with some other guys. M$ is pulling epic fails like a magician pulls rabbits out of his hat. First Win 8 and now a complete failure to fight with Sony. Anyway, even though both consoles suck with their specs, hope that the x86 architecture will help PC gaming. And that once the people see (lets say a year)that their next gen console sucks compared to PC we will see a PC rebirth.

7. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    500 euro, no used games, Sony will have such a big opportunity to crush MS. Remains to be seen how things will turn out when both are released and how games play on both of them...

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The price difference is not large enough to affect the purchases of early adopters as these guys tend to pay ott prices anyway.

The price difference will be more important in a years time though.

Didn't catch all of the MS part, what is the official line on Xbox pre-owned? Is it a total block or just MS controlling the market instead of people like Gamestop.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The DRM situation is not bad actually, and has the awesome feature of letting one game be bought on ten different accounts at ten different locations (which means no more buying the same game several times in local family):

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/06/07/xbox-one-drm/1

That is hugely awesome considering the price of games.

And there are used sales:

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That actually sounds like a very good idea, and something that will appeal those who think optical media is something that should die out, I’m not one of those people but I know more and more are these days.

I do like that you can trade in games digitally, i never have and never would trade a game in at a shop as I’m abit of a snob, but if i could do it straight from the console i'm sure i would do it quite often.

MS is being slaughtered for this idea, but if Valve implemented this on Steam every PC gamer would be jumping up and down with joy right now.

Not sure i believe MS is not taking a cut of the sales though, seems silly considering it's them who are taking all the abuse for implementing this idea.

I still don't like the 24 hour online thing, even though i'm 95% sure i will always have internet, i would rather avoid the frustration of when that 5% happens.

I’m not buying either of them until they have been out a while, but it will be interesting to see what happens, initially I think it will benefit Sony but in the long run I see MS winning this as Sony will find it hard to attract many developers/publishers if they continue to allow people to sell games to shops like Gamestop.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Whens the last time you simultaneously didn't have internet on your phone and in your house? All Microsoft has to do is make a simple bluetooth network option so it can verify though a phone. That would also solve all these "well for the one week in two years I go on vacation, I must have the Xbox with me" people... though I have yet to meet or hear about in real life a single person that took their game console with them on vacation. Might as well skipped the vacation if you are just going to sit around a TV playing games.

13. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Why are we Europeans required to pay so much more for the same piece of hardware? Why isn't it the other way around? Now we have to pay 499 euros, when the Americans only pay around 375 euros for the same thing. If it was the other way around and we the Europeans payed the 499 euros, the Americans would have to pay around 663 dollars for the exact same thing. I just don't think this is fair in any shape or form. Where did this law or rule even come from?

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Their excuse is that it costs them more to get things into the European market. It's a load of severely exaggerated crap that's a freakin' myth. It's well accepted but any proof of it is dubious or severely exaggerated at best.

They're just charging you more because they can get away with it, period.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yep everyone is doing it. everything is always more expensive here.

16. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Yep, it must also cost Steam so much more to upload their games to the European people than it does to the Americans. Seriously why aren't people making more noise about this issue? From what I've seen it's been nothing more than just a couple of measly threads in a couple of random forums.:confused:

I'm seriously thinking of becoming one of these "try before buy" type of guys and from this day onward I'll only buy my games in hard copy form from legit stores or buy just the key from some lowly internet games store, so at least I won't be scammed by Steam (or any other similarly operating company) by their "currency" system.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A fair amount of the difference is sales tax, the US price doesn't not include it while the UK and EU prices do, and our tax rates are considerably higher than in the USA.
    It still costs more though, without VAT it works out as £344 here, which is about $537 and the rest of Europe gets it even worse than the UK.

18. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    they not getting my money rip off...

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well we get it better :D here in Finland in the end. We got 24% VAT Now we will have the console at 499€ ofc. While 429£ is around 672$ 499€ is 664$

So pretty even there. so we end up at 534$ w/o VAT. Of course that differs around Europe so. But as for Finland it's there ^^