Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Oh noes! Random internet guy says driver is damaging GPU's. No offense but this echo machine of repeating the same one or two rumored instances of damage all over the interwebs is getting silly.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Try this program out
    http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/

It apparently boosts your GPU usage & FPS.

Performance comparison tested on Crysis 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcuYiqib9I

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    ok I have no issue with this driver.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sitting on 320.00 myself, only had one random blue screen in the weeks its been installed.

Give them ago maybe.

5. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Can we expect a new beta driver today ?
    This drivers works good for me but i love to update drivers and testing it.
    I miss some AA options in some games via ncp for borderlands 2.

6. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    I think uninstalling nvidia drivers have some issues with windows 8..

I uninstalled 320.18 to go back to 314.22, while I was waiting for it to unisntall the screen gone black.. I waited for 5 minutes then pushed the reset button on my chassis.. after my PC booted, the driver is unistalled successfully.. but its a pain for me to see black screen and nothing happens :)..

So I searched, normally people install new drivers on to old ones with clean install option..
    Im gonna do that from now on ;)

7. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    im not Shaw but ithink that only works if upgrading not downgrading like i say im not 100%

8. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    He insinuated that an older i7 processor would bottleneck one titan. But it is unfortunate that I forget to explain my reasoning, so I'll put it for you to be polite.
    So lets assume it is true that my processor is bottlenecking one Titan. This means that one gtx 780 would also be bottlenecked since both cards share the same specs (give or take). Since my processor isn't powerful enough to utilize the maximum potential of any of these cards then I would get the same framerate doing a frame to frame comparison. But the results I get are different, in other words I get lower frames for a gtx 780 than for a Titan. This means that an older i7 processor is delivering more power to a Titan than a gtx 780. Oddly enough this is correct because a Titan is better than a gtx 780 so this concludes that our initial statement (of thought) is false because it seems that an old i7 processor can differentiate between a Titan and a gtx 780.

About the 2 Titan configuration I can ask you the same: "Would 2 Titans deliver double the performance if it wouldn't be bottlenecked by the CPU"
    The answer is yes.

Back to my case, doing a frame by frame comparison in which one Titan is enabled vs SLI I get double the performance. In other words my CPU is delivering enough power to these Titans. Moreso this is backed up by following the advice given, by overclocking the CPU even higher. I observed that the framerates were more or less the same. In other words do we really have to believe these stories of bottlenecking we read so often on the internet?

Think about it because it looks more like a driver issue than a real bottleneck,

9. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Ignorant and not too bright is no way to go through life DUDE

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @qwato
    I agree, Hilbert made a review not to long ago about that very thing, people were complaining that his i7 960 (i think thats it) was too slow for these new GPUs, and that he is to reluctant to upgrade so he doesn't have to redo all his benchmark charts- but in the end he compared the results to a recent i7 (forgot which one) and there was maybe a 2 frame difference.
    What resolution your are using in what game also matters a lot, in fact what resolution being used in which game would make a lot of sense to blame the driver on. It's not uncommon for new GPUs to behave this way. It still would come down ultimately to your CPU, but obviously less so in very high resolutions.

@Shayne
    Ignorant? How ironic. What exactly am I ignorant about?

11. 51cent

51cent Member

GPU:
    Sapp. R9 290X Tri-X
    I have downgraded using this method a few times on Win XP, Vista, 7 but not on Win 8 yet.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I have the same crash in Aliens vs. Predator (2010) with Advanced Shadows enabled on my new build with the 320.18 drivers as I did on my previous i7-920/X58 system which confirms that there is a problem with that game on the GTX 780. I can play it fine and with everything else maxed as long as I disable Advanced Shadows.

I haven't tested them yet but I'm 100% certain that both Sniper Elite V2 and ***** Zombie Army, which both use the same engine as AvP, will both crash as well with Advanced Shadows enabled. Again, exactly as they did on my previous build.

13. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    I observed something yesterday when I was experimenting on crysis 3. First thing I noticed when I was testing a gtx 780 vs a Titan is that the GPU usage shown by EVGA precision is malfunctioning. Because it showed a usage of 90-100% for the gtx 780 and only 50-60% for one Titan. When the Titans framerate was higher than the 780.

Now in your case it seems that the drivers is not supporting all games yet due to artefacts and this happened to me on crysis 3 when I was enabling TXAA. It's a new function of Nvidia which should be better than anti-aliasing. Well when I enabled this feature I had massive artefacts like the ones I saw on bf3. So when I read all these problems I come to the conlusion that Nvidia's drivers is adapting its new TXAA feature which may be the cause why some of us have these artefacts. Also which plays are role is that newer hardware isn't configured yet to older games in terms of drivers.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hi.

I've skimmed through this thread and read a few others mentioning problems with this driver. Got these and have not had any issues except black screen when swiching SLI on or off.

Should I still downgrade or keep em? What would you recommend?

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    use msi afterburner more aqurate

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ Netherwind - If you're not having any major problems then I'd suggest keeping them as these do have optimizations for newer games that the older drivers don't. I find the 320.18 drivers to be a bit buggy with a few games but most of them run fine.

17. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Been having a couple of issues with my PC since the 780 upgrade actually.
    Afterburner sometimes "has stopped working" when I move the mouse in the morning to wake the monitors up (pc is not in standby, just monitors turned off), and I cannot get it to start again without restarting my whole PC.
    This morning, my second monitor didn't come on at all and my first monitor was frozen, had to restart again.

Don't know if this is driver/gpu related, but I know for a fact it's only started happening since the upgrade.

What's the dealio?

18. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Ok I am really frustrated, since the days of GTX 480 and now the GTX 680 using triple SLI and nvidia surround is a headache, bad utilization and stuttering left and right.

Switching to the red team next time! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Oh dear :/

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Many complaints about this driver. Im on 320.14 (same branch as 320.18) but no issues whatsoever. I suggest anyone with problems to revert to that or 314.xx if you're still having issues.