Giant US government Internet spying scandal revealed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by quaker3, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su

2. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    So how do we scan that tinfoil hat into our computers? The shocker is not only that it actually IS a US policy, but they'll let grossly overpaid third rate companies mess with potentially extremely sensitive personal information.

3. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    They have used it to go after good honest people.

It's a well known fact that they abuse it for their own selfish gains.

War protesters and lots of other groups have been targeted just because they oppose the government.

I mean really come on, do you trust the likes of the CIA and others to not abuse it, please.

5. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    The day I can listen in on every conversation and read every e-mail that they have is the day I'll be okay with them listening in on mine. :p

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    i believe any government in any place of the world has always had the ultimate authority to do whatever it likes...:banana:i don't care about spying theories, these people belonging under their command and political persons are the mini-lords of any place, if you don't have something to hide, if you are not a dangerous person, a terrorist, a thief and anything savage you have not something to be afraid of any spying scandal, relax and enjoy your lives people.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    But it's for your own protection. :rolleyes:

If anyone thinks its bad now, wait until that Utah data center is up and running.

8. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    I heard that sucker is liquid cooled!

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Not sure how they are cooled. But from what i've read so far on it, its storage capacity is in the hundreds of yottabytes.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    i guess we are not gonna see that amount of data on usb sticks anytime soon??? :D

11. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    <this>

Whether you know it or not they like to :banana: us and they do it often. Politicians often always have their best interest and the highest bidders interest in mind not yours.

12. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    If the US gvt want to snoop into the lives of their own citizens, by all means go ahead, let the US people decide if they want that or not through elections/protests and whatnot. GTFO and leave the rest of the world's private stuff alone.

13. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    Yeah, right you forget how much money gov invests in spying on people, controlling, and again in weapons.. do we really need an einstein to show how much it can be done if they put money in other areas and completely remove those expensive "defensive structures and programs" ?

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm tired of hearing that "1.6 billion rounds" number thrown around. It's a complete lie as the actual amount is less than half that at 750 million.

Secondly, that number is not that high at all. I'm going to quickly base this off my military service to show why.

During my regular service, I fired around 20,000 rounds (of all types), nearly all of them in peacetime and in training. If I average this to a division level, that comes out to roughly 32 million rounds just to supply 1,600 soldiers for three years in training alone (yes, first rate armies are expensive to maintain).

DHS is listed as having 70,000 DHS officers who are currently authorized to use weapons and they claim that their field personal shoot more than their equivalent army personal in training due to them being limited to their immediate firearms in real life (unlike the army with Air support, artillery, etc).

If this is a bulk purchase buy over the course of five years in order to stockpile for a while before they have to purchase again, then it is quite reasonable.

To put that into a different perspective that allots 10,714 per each of the 70,000 armed personnel for five years (assuming they will by more rounds), or a mere 2,142 rounds per year; or a mere 714 rounds per year if this is the only major purchase for the next 15 years.

15. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    let me crack an egg of knowledge on your head, if they are spying this much on US( the average American citizen) then they are into a whole lot of people/countries worldwide. Also, if it's not the U.S., it's your own government.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I've gotten rid of one post and gave one warning. I'm surprised that this thread has gone this long honestly, although some of you are nearing that level... Just a reminder to you guys.

17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Thank you for posting some common sense and mathematics. :) It's common place for any soldier in a top tier army to go through thousands of rounds per year just in training. Even as a civilian I used to go through nearly 1000 rounds a year myself and I was hardly doing military training with high rate of fire weapons either. :3eyes:

18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080