Lucid Virtu MVP

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Chillin, Feb 10, 2013.

1. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    How is that remotely the same? Those apps have always been crap

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You seemed to miss what we're saying....

For those that have motherboards licensed for VirtuMVP, it's a worthwhile feature.

For those who don't have motherboards licensed for VirtuMVP, it's wasted money for $90/year (which is the full retail price). If you're motherboard is NOT licensed by LucidLogix for VirtuMVP, you're better off to buy a better graphics card than to pay LucidLogix the retail price of $90 per year for VirtuMVP.

3. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Yeah sorry, I wont argue with that. Agree 100%

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I emailed Lucid sales in the US to find out a few things.

1) If a z77 owner uses the discount upgrade offer, how long is there license valid for ?
    2) what happens if that z77 owner then upgrades to a z87 ??
    3) do any z87 mobos come bundled with a Virtu MVP 2.0 license ?
    If so how long is it valid for?

I'll let you guys know if/when get response.

I need to replace my Gigabyte z77 UD3H, its an absolute cluster F to use with Win8.
    Full EFI only supported on beta bioses that have amnesia.. always forgetting bios settings.

5. kache

kache Guest

GPU:
    2x r9 290 crossfire
    Finally managed to make the v2 work properly in i-mode (monitor connected to the mobo DVI port) on my z68 board.
    I really like the fact that now desktop/video is separated from the game, since two different GPUs are managing them.
    Not sure about the power saving, though, even if I see my gtx560 at 40mhz when not in game, but the gt220 (physx dedicated) still stays at around 200mhz.

I have most of my games now working with virtual vsync, but I disabled hyperformance, since it breaks pretty much every game I tried it on.

vVsync seems to work properly in all games. Very nice implementation.

Sadly Asrock didn't license v2 on the z68 board, so I have 27 more days to keep trying it on, then it's over.

Still, a very nice idea, but implementation needs a HUGE amount of work. And the removal of the ridiculous 50$ per year license price.

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    I can only answer the first one which is one year. They only sell 1 year licenses at the moment.
    But what issues do you have with the board? On win7 yes, the board is stupid in the sense that i cant get any of the VIA usb ports to function properly but its been flawless on win8. I'm even running the F19j beta you mentioned to me earlier and not once has it lost my bios settings. To be honest I think you may have a defective board on your hands.

Edit- What version do you have? I notice there is a 1.0 and 1.1. Maybe something they changed is what is giving you issues?

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Its revision 1.1

Ive been on ********* forums alot since I got the board. Its a common issue with the beta bioses on z77 gigabyte boards, it suddendly forgetting settings, theres a big thread on it.
    Also many users are plagued by problems with fastboot on the ud3h.
    I install Win8 in EFI mode (GPT) and turn off all legacy boot options, including CSM.
    Usually the first setting to changel is os type from "Windows 8" to "other os", which then has a knock on by renabling CSM and legacy boot loaders.

I want to get rid of this board, its just not as good as the Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (which I broke) in terms of anything... stability, oc, features, layout.

Anyway I digress. ...;)

If Im going to spend money on a new mobo im thinking Z87, but as I like Virtual Vsync alot, im trying to find out the situation with MVP 2.0 licencing, as I dont really want to be tied into $50 -$90 per year for it.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    VirtuMVP V2 didn't exist when the Z68 boards were being released. Also, according to LucidLogix, VirtuMVP V2.0 is a retail product only available directly from them via their online store.

9. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ive had responses on the MSI forum and OC.net that the Mpower and the Gaming series z87's from MSI come with a no expiry Virtu 2.0 license :)

Still waiting on official word back from Lucid, but if true then thats good news for me.
    Z87 GD45 or GD65 would be a good buy.

10. kache

kache Guest

GPU:
    2x r9 290 crossfire
    That's 3.0.
    I'm talking about this:
    http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-mvp.shtml

I tried 3.0, but had only problems with it. The 2.0 from the link above works quite good, though.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-mvp2.shtml
    Notice it says "VirtuMVP 2.0"

Please pay attention....

VirtuMVP (the OEM software) is version 1.0, release 2.x. (according to LucidLogix)
    VirtuMVP 2.0 (the retail software) is version 2.0 release 3.x (according to LucidLogix).

12. kache

kache Guest

GPU:
    2x r9 290 crossfire
    I don't think I can properly express how little I care about the naming subtleties. But thanks for correcting me.

Now, can we get back to the real problems?

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you don't care about properly referencing products, it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation, nor solve problems.

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Wonder how much they paid for that? (which ultimately the customer pays for).

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Well i'm not sure if my info is correct yet, as the people who responded to me on the MSI forum and OC.net haven't actually got the board and/or installed the software.

Just had a reply back from Lucid regarding my questions

The reply to the last question is interesting.......

16. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    The z87 boards do come with MVP 2.0, you can see it plastered on their product pages. The the only question should be for how long can you keep upgrading the 2.0 releases tho I'm sure there will be a new version number every single year.

On similar note I have found some annoyances with the latest 2.0 version. On windows 8 it's a small one in that sometimes it will not be activated on boot, requiring you to reboot once again.
    On windows 7 things are a bit worse in the fact that virtual vsync seems to trigger off regular apps killing aero in the process. The worst culprit for this seems to be the intel rst app as even the notification icon can trigger it. It also triggers off pretty much every game launcher which is rather annoying. No such issues on 8 as there is no aero obviously and not a big deal as I have moved on from 7 for good i think

Edit- Also triple buffering seems to kill performance when used along with virtual vsync. If a game has a tb option its best to leave it disabled (can test it with tomb raider)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  17. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Not all Z87 boards carry the MVP 2.0 branding, the 2 ive seen that do only state "compatible with"
    Those are MSI & EVGA

I emailed MSI to find out once and for all.

Re your Win 7 problems, did you exclude those apps causing the problem ?
    I had similar issues with skype and chrome, so I made profiles in Lucid control panel and set them to I-mode.
    As im in d-mode then those apps never triggered the virtual vsync

18. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    No never thought of that as i only use d-mode (monitor on video card) but i wont be going back to 7, thanks.
    As for the MSI boards they clearly state Lucid MVP 2.0 on the site without any "compatible" wording. Also reviews show lucid mvp as included software but of course none go in to great detail on it. I'd be pissed if i bought one and it didnt include 2.0

19. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ok got a reply back from MSI pre sales.

So there we go.... although it does only say support......

Guess i'll find out in a few days.
    Ordered a MSI Z87 GD65 with a 4770k today.

20. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Another reply form MSI regarding Virtu MVP 2.0

Nice