March against MONSANTO - 25 May - Worldwide

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BetA, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    dumbass^...you feed it then!!!

Edit...Sorry guys, But that dude is stupid^

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. Mega

Mega Guest

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    ^Please feel free to buy modified food. While other countries are banning your exports. In 3 generation your gene will be wipe from the human gene pool maybe MOMSANTO isn't so bad after all.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Stop typing^ and start feeding people....dumb ass....

4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

1/10

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

idiot :bang:

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    so, then tell me why your Foods (with gmo) are Banned in europe mostly?
    and dont come and say cause europe is stupid or something like that.
    its banned here for a good reason..
    end of story.....

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They were banned because there wasn't enough studies that show that they weren't harmful. Which is a good reason, any product that you are consuming should be tested extensively. But it's not like they were banned because they were killing people or doing harmful things. There was one french study that linked NK603 (GMO Corn Product) to cancer, but the study has since been shot down due to numerous control group issues and clear bias in their reporting.

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You know for someone that's a little into conspiracy theory just because the government banned something you believe it's the right thing because you agree with it.

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/kraftgmo.asp
    Read about your phony picture. Edit: apologies meant to quote HarkinSteven

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So you would rather eat mutated food, because its "guarantied" to have bigger fruits with some extra dna bits and proteins that aren't present in normal food? For example Corn or eat pig meat that ate this corn.

Not to mention all these corn crops are prone to illness and can't be reused. Also pigs/cows that eat this are less or not fertile at all.

Me personally no way, I rather starve.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That's definitely your prerogative me however I think I would like to see some proof rather than blind hysteria out right rejecting something that could make a difference in feeding the world.

12. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    There's no point. I could link you to a news article of Rats covered with tumors but you will blindly ignore it. Choose to eat it all you want. Why do you think cancer is on the rise. It's all over the news here in the UK this week. Cancer rate is set to be 50% of all people here in the next 7 years. Now ask yourself what is causing this. Why is it on the increase. But I don't expect you to bother yourself and you'll just continue to believe what the corporations/government tells you. If you have children you should seriously ask yourself why for their sake.

13. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Well it can't be gmo as you don't allow do you?And the news article same place you got the picture?

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    No the article is on the Dailymail. Here's another bit of information. These are all ex-monsanto employees now in Government. So while the rest of the world is banning GMO this is probably the reason they are allowed in the US.

And there more, click on this link and check out Government ties. Wouldn't you say this is a conflict of interest?

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/news.cfm

Another interesting fact is that Monsanto only have to test the food for 30days and then it is ruled "safe to eat" So how can they possibly know what the long term effects are?
    And another shocking fact is Monsanto now own Blackwater, renamed to Academi. What the hell does a food company need with its own Mercenary Army? You don't find any of this information sinister?

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Lmao, you're right, this whole forum is sponsored by Monsanto. Duh! It's not like anyone here has a job to afford their computers or anything like that. We're all shills.

By all means, link to the same tired source that is far from conclusive. I implore you to waste more of your time. I also love how you don't understand that correlation does not equal causation. It's such a basic concept, yet you can't seem to grasp it. The average person today interacts with an untold number of factors; so many in fact that it's impossible to pinpoint increased cancer rates on any one cause. The nature of genetics and the world we live in mean that it doesn't matter if you live off the land on a 100% organic diet. You can still get cancer.

But of course, it's the government and corporate lies being fed to me that makes me think this way, and not just innate logic and scientific understanding.

Now that I think about it, it's really nice to not be insane.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ice I knew you would stick your ****ing nose in as usual, anyway you're on ignore so I don't give a crap.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well to be fair the French rat study has been completely shot down by the science community. I'm all for bashing Monsanto for monopolistic practices and if they are selling flawed products I'm all for crucifying them for it. What I will not support, however, is the attack on GMO products entirely.

As for Cancer rates, it can be caused by a number of issues. First of all Cancer rates in what age groups? The older you get the increased likelihood of getting cancer. People are now living significantly longer than they used to, so obviously cancer rates are going to grow, especially in that age group. The other issue is there are a number of different things around today that can induce cancer that weren't around 50-60 years ago. I mean right now I have multiple cellphone towers, wifi points, bluetooth devices sending crap through me. Couple that with ground radiation, sun, lack of ozone, cosmic radiation, the clothes I wear from China that could have god knows what on it, etc and there are so many factors contributing to an increased rate of cancer that there is no way to pinpoint one.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Freaking seriously?

1)- Which company likes to kill off its customers? Tell me how that company's stock is doing.

2)- Of course we all work for Monsanto, how else do we ever afford our computers? Sheesh, I would have thought this to be common knowledge; my other job is at Intel as well, that way I get tons of money from both companies to comment on a random internet forum with people that don't even buy said product.

3)- [​IMG]

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Looks like we can't do this without insults or flames.

Closed.

20. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Seriously one of you got banned for this **** in this thread via the point system and then got unbanned because we were feeling nice.
    What the **** is wrong with you? You know who you are. Stay away from these topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.