Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Weird colour issue with Trine 2 as shown here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4609961&postcount=295

I'm actually shocked at how many issues these drivers have for me... Rebellion's Sniper Elite V2 and Sniper Elite: ***** Army both crash with Advanced Shadows enabled, 2010's Aliens vs. Predator DX11 also freezes with Advanced Shadows on but this is also by Rebellion and likely using the same engine, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier causes a driver not responding error at the Extraction point of a mission I'm playing (and only there) and now Trine 2's psychedelic colour scheme! Even Zack Zero doesn't work properly... it has glitchy loading screens with a white blank area on the right-hand side plus overlapping scrolling text.

That really is surprising for NVIDIA and it's somewhat ironic that I ditched GTX 680 SLI to get away from driver issues... :3eyes:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  2. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    OMG that pic is like your GPU is on LSD or Mushroom !!

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    nvidias prezent for new 780 users:wanker:
    :puke2:
    daren you tryed the 314.22 with custum inf?

4. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I was having terrible problems with Metro Last Light using the 320.18 drivers. Floors and walls were missing, weird "stretched" textures obscuring everything, constant crashes to desktop etc....

I thought it was the game but I removed these drivers and went back to 314.22 and now it works perfectly.

5. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I think it's pretty clear now that people should stop using these drivers!

They may work for some, but even then I wouldn't risk it. Go back to the 314.22's or whatever other driver you had previous to this one. So many are reporting either screwed up graphics cards, freezing, bsods and texture corruptions in games. If you so wish to try these drivers, then you do so at your own risk.

These drivers should NEVER have been released in this state and I don't understand where the hell ManualG has gone either. He seems to have helped out alot with the odd issue but done a runner with drivers this bad.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not yet. I'm trying to avoid going back to a driver that was out before the GTX 780 was released if I can. I'll only install the 314.22 drivers as a last resort.

7. insomniac3334

insomniac3334 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 WindForce 3x
    Wow, I finally made the switch to these newer drivers from the 314's...and they SUCK. Crazy artifacting in BF3 after less then 20 minutes of play. I have NEVER OC'd my 670, either, it's been running at factory speeds without a hiccup before this upgrade. WTF nVidia :bang:

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But.. 'Thats the way its meant to be played'.

9. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    GTX 670 WindForce 3X factory overclocked to 980MH from default 915... isn't it?

PS. All my games running perfect with 320.18, and faster then 314.22. GPU not OC`ed.

10. insomniac3334

insomniac3334 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 WindForce 3x
    That's what I mean when I say I never overclocked it from factory speeds. Do you think the factory OC is to blame here?

11. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Yup skippy for me

Ya these 320.xx's are funny for me and my sys and games, just seems choppy, skippy, stutter whatever you want to call it. I'm back with 314.22 for now. The FPS are great, and they look good, just the skippys goin on.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It has the same GPU as Titan so it shouldn't cause any problems. 314.22 worked great for me.

13. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    If I was ManualG I'd stay away too, some people get a lil crazzy with him like he made them ...lol I told him before I wouldnt want his job for nothin, or nvidias driver team for that matter.

14. zais

zais Guest

GPU:
    it seems 320.18 thermal throttles, 320.14 so far so good, was few minor artifact (white cloud) but haven't seen any as currently applying p.02 fixed clock via nvidia inspector

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  15. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    install the 320.11 that is compatible with the gtx780.:)

16. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I installed the 320.18 the moment they were released and its bad. Lockups, freezes, BSOD, CTD's etc...

Now i reinstalled 314.22 and still getting the occasional lockup and CTD. Even after savemode, driver fusion etc (always do that and never had a problem).
    Even thinking of reinstalling everything :S .... Shhees all this because of a driver.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was having problems with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier causing a driver crash and restart with my GTX 780 even at stock clocks. Two other people have the same problem. I was wondering whether I had a faulty card but I've played well over 20 games now and that is the only one that does that and in the same place too.

A number of other games do have issues though so I have to say that the 320.18 drivers are the worst ones I've used from NVIDIA in recent memory. It's no surprise that these were certified though by Microsoft as they only test that they work on Windows and don't extensively test games... and I'm not so sure NVIDIA do either... ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  18. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I used driver sweeper before installing 320.18 and they seem to work better but still get occasion GPU utilization drop to low 30's in BF3 but not crash or BSOD and still the usual tri-monitor setup issues.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Assassin's Creed II runs poorly with these drivers on my GTX 780. I'm not talking about the glitchy LOD issue I had before; that turned out to be causing by me forcing Ambient Occlusion in the driver and having forgotten I'd done it so it's fine now I've disabled it.

No, I'm talking about generally sluggish and juddery performance during gameplay where the game will regularly dip below 60 fps, to as low as 45 fps, yet at no point does the core ever boost above 862 MHz (like it does with other games) in order to maintain a v-synced 60 fps framerate. Sometimes the clocks will even dip down to 614 MHz for the core and 810 MHz for the VRAM, although the game does hit 60 fps at that point. It's weird really that the game will not boost up at all, only drop down, even if I turn v-sync off (the game appears to be capped at 60 fps however). I've tried forcing Prefer Max. Performance for the game profile but it makes no difference (the core just stays at 862 MHz and the VRAM at 3,250 MHz).

The last time I played the game extensively, which was on a GTX 580 I believe and with my CPU @ 3.2 GHz, it ran far more smoothly than it does now and that was on the same maxed out 1920x1200 settings with 8xMSAA. I can only conclude that this is a driver issue.

20. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Strange - I've had no issues what so ever with these drivers. Games played include:
    Empire Total War,
    Crysis,
    Crysis Warhead
    Crysis 2,
    Crysis 3,
    Metro 2033,
    Metro LL,
    Bioshock Infinite.

Maybe I'm just lucky...