Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Double post

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  2. hazochun

hazochun Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 OC Air
    Have issues for me.
    Using gigabyte 660 OC.
    Game crash in Planetside 2 and Driver have no respond in WOW
    No problems in BF3 (for 30min)

rolling back to 314.22 and try again

3. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Stand corrected again. Must be an issue with over heating on my VGA card. Same issue using diff dirvers after playing BF3 for 2 hours. All of a sudden all my colors went pinkish.. Look at real temp and my card was only at 70C which has never been an issue in two years but maybe it is now...

4. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Blow the dust out of the GPU lately?

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I've heard that this driver is causing Fermi based GPU's to over volt, causing physical damage along the way.....back down to an older driver. Though I have a couple of Keplers, I ain't going to try this driver, sticking with 320.00 for now.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There seems to be some unfortunate issues in a number of games for Titan and 780 owners, what with Crysis 2 and Sniper Elite V2/***** Zombie Army's Advanced Shadow setting. You'd think that NVIDIA would have tested those games for their new cards thoroughly considering they're popular titles. How many other games have issues that I haven't come across yet?

7. JeffJ

JeffJ Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    320.00 gave me crashy times as well, same issues as 320.18, but 320.18 is causing voltage issues and severe heat issues for me. I have to roll all the way back to 314.22 and all is well.

I don't get how everything is smooth as butter on 314.22 even my oc is stable as hell. move to 320.XX and even stock clocks just cause severe issues :/

8. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Keep getting hard lock with Farcry 3 every thing else seems fine ?

9. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    :bang:What a mess from Nvidia. Got some issues with this driver with hm5 crashing and the framerate in F1 2012 was worse. Going back to another whql driver.

10. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I take back the "no longer causes system freeze" .. did it yesterday once, total freeze, didnt unfreeze at all like the beta, along with massive sound loop ofcourse.

AND GOD DAMNIT NVIDIA, let us use idle clocks for 120hz already, why do we have to run our cards on full clocks when there is no issue on P8 or P12?, 256 or something like that didnt have this issue.

And fix the damn DPC latency, without nvidia drivers installed, 10-20 DPC, with them?, 200+, if you have bad luck 500+, tested with Latencymon, not DPC latency checker which is horrible compared

11. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Ran out of air. But ya I usually do it once per week. It most likely is a dust/heating issue...

12. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Ok now I am properly pissed off!

First off I played with 320.18, only to witness my GPU going from 100% to 0% GPU power draw and then the games would stop working after approx. 20 minutes or so of playing.

Went back to 314.22 started getting direct blablabla hang out, GTX Titan, and crashing games, now I didnt know what to do, tried reinstalling clean drivers again, but to no avail, being stuck here I went to reinstall 314.21, only to find out that in installer it says I am still on 320.18, altough I did clean reinstall to 314.22.

Now I cant run BF3 from the web browser anymore, it's stuck in a loop of joining to the server.

Nothing helped that I found on DICE forums, and now I am reinstalling the game.

If it wont work after that either, I will be forced to reinstall the OS, and all because Nvidia's incompetence to make a normal working drivers.

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Not true. I have not been able to play BF3 for a week. Many of my friends also have this issue over the last week. No one have reinstalled.

It's nothing to do with this driver. I even put it in this thread already about BF3. Same as you describe. It's an EA statistics server problem by the sounds of it. All been looking it up recently. Also EA servers down tomorrow. I guess because of the recent problems as well as usual maintenance. Before this 'joining' issue they had over a week of DDOS attacks.

"[ALL PLATFORMS] We will perform maintenance May 29 between 2AM-7AM PST. During this window, BF3 multiplayer will be unavailable on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 in that order. Entire window is approximately 5 hours. Stay tuned to our official channels for notification when your platform is back up."

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4603811&postcount=164

EDIT: "[PC] We are aware of the current stats issue some PC players are experiencing and looking into it. Stay tuned for updates as they happen!"

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    No issues to speak of for these drivers with my Titan.

16. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    No problems here.

They´ve brought some needed boost to Metro Last Light.

Now I can play with SSAA at 2x with good FPS.

17. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    These drivers completely messed up the graphics in EVE.

http://i.imgur.com/o5xymDm.jpg (the red and blue tint is not supposed to be there)

I didn't have any other issues, but I can hardly play like this ;P. Going back to 314.21

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  18. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Experiencing Micro stutter on Metro last light when ssaa is maxed above 2x. So 3x and 4x are not smooth while fps are higher than 40.

19. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
  20. 12sunflowers

12sunflowers Member

GPU:
    Asus rx570 4Gb
    320.18- freeze in firefox, freeze sound in mp3 player, mouse cursor strange, freeze in windows with out any task. Lock up all comp in Company of Heroes 2 beta
    314.22-go back to this diver. All works good with him.