Call of Juarez - Gunslinger

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RedSeptember, May 20, 2013.

1. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Which planet to you come from?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  3. Darko76

Darko76 Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon 6870
    In a planet where people are respected

4. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Well hell! It's not Earth, that's for sure :D

5. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    According to Dev, FOV is on the way, we'll see it soon...

for $15 game is tons of fun, worth it. I'd say it's better than Bioshock Infinite even... (yea, I didnt really care for bioshock...)

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    how the gun down works? duel ,i mean. hold the mouse button or not? i mean press and HOLD and when the gun in position press mouse button again.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Aim over the enemy and you should start gaining focus which you'll want as high as possible, at the same time also try to keep the hand positioned near the pistol as this will improve drawing speed.

Then either draw when you hear a heartbeat (Dishonorable.) or when the enemy starts reaching for his gun (Honorable.) by pressing the shoot button (mouse1 for me.) which first draws the gun, then press the shoot button again while keeping your aim over the opponent and you should shoot him.

The faster you do it the better the bonus you get (Unsure if this is important for story mode.) and a head shot gives a even larger bonus no matter if you were honorable or dishonorable. :)

It's a bit more complex than the initial two games where you mainly drew the pistol by doing a certain up and down movement and then started shooting in slow-motion while trying to aim and be faster than the opponent.
    (Though so far it's been pretty easy.)

EDIT: You can also strafe around in a circle (Your opponent will do the same.) to try and keep the enemy within sight and thus increasing focus as you don't lose sight of the shooter or let your aim wander off.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i bought bound in blood on ps3 cheap, played it a bit and i think iam mixing duels in both games.

so in this game u dont need to press and hold mouse 1, just press once, and then for shoot when it is in the position. and u dont need to move the mouse to aim in this yes? thank you alot.

9. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    BOUND IN BLOOD: No need to hold mouse button. Just control the hand with your mouse and use A and D to focus on the enemy. Then physically shift the mouse (hand) downward so characters hand grabs the gun. The crosshair should then appear and only then once it is red (or you are comfortable with its position) shoot.

GUNSLINGER: Use the mouse to keep the focus circle on the enemy and use A and D to position your hand close to the holster/gun similar to BID.

I also get confused when I play one after the other.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah as i died again in another duel, i need to hold the mouse button 1 until i align my gun in this game..damn.

11. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    My heart beats super hard in gunslinger lol. Soon you wont have to hold it down.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    First patch is out.
    From the Steam community forums for this game -> http://steamcommunity.com/app/204450/discussions/0/810925579952377651/

EDIT: The new video.scr settings.
    !DisableScreenBorder() // Disable the hand-painted comic border around the edges of the screen
    !ForcedHorzFov(f) // Forced horizontal field of view angle measured against 16:9 aspect ratio; 80-110 degrees, def. 82.72. Partial support only. Use at your own risk.
    (Woohoo!)

EDIT: Well the black effect is gone but that earlier statement about the area not being rendered is still true, unfortunately.
    [​IMG]

Here's my own video.scr file as a example.
    ( C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\techland\cojgunslinger\out\settings )

Code:
    [b]// Modifying these settings manually may cause problems within the game. You are applying changes here at your own risk.
    // You can delete this file and run the game to reset the default settings.[/b]
    !Resolution(i,i)
    !WindowOffset(i,i)
    !Monitor(i)            // -1 primary monitor
    !BPP(i)
    !FSAA(i)               // Full Screen AntiAliasing, 0 - none, higher is better
    !TexBPP(i)
    !TextureQuality(s)     // VeryLow, Low, High
    !Filtering(s)          // Bilinear, Trilinear, Anisotropic, AnisotropicTrilinear
    !GammaFloat(f)
    !MaxRefresh(i)
    !Shadows(s)            // Low, High
    !ShadowMapSize(i)
    !SpotShadowMapSize(i)
    !Lightmaps()
    !Fullscreen()
    !VSync()               // enable vertical sync
    !MaterialQuality(i)    // lower is better
    !WaterQuality(i)       // lower is better
    !GrassQuality(i)       // lower is better
    !FXQuality(i)          // higher is better
    !FXFadeLevel(i)        // 0-4 (lower is better)
    !EnvQuality(s)         // FullDynamic, RareDynamic, Static
    !ShaderPath(i)         // 0 - 1.1, 1 - 1.4, 2 - 2.0, 3 - 3.0, 4 - x360, 5 - 4.0, 6 - ps3
    !PostProcess(s)        // Simple, Normal
    !DisplayDeviceType(i,f,f,f,f)  //device type (LCD TV etc.): 0 - default
    !Curves(s)             // curves texure
    !VisRange(f,f)         
    [b]!DisableScreenBorder() // Disable the hand-painted comic border around the edges of the screen
    !ForcedHorzFov(f)      // Forced horizontal field of view angle measured against 16:9 aspect ratio; 80-110 degrees, def. 82.72. Partial support only. Use at your own risk.[/b]

Resolution(1920,1200)
    Monitor(0)
    BPP(24)
    FSAA(0)
    TexBPP(32)
    TextureQuality("High")
    [i]VisRange(10.00, 10.00)
    Filtering("AnisotropicTrilinear")[/i]
    Fullscreen()
    Shadows("High")
    [i]ShadowMapSize(2048)
    SpotShadowMapSize(2048)[/i]
    Lightmaps()
    GammaFloat(1.00)
    MaxRefresh(60)
    MaterialQuality(0)
    FXQuality(3)
    [i]FXFadeLevel(0)[/i]
    WaterQuality(0)
    GrassQuality(0)
    EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
    ShaderPath(3)
    DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000)
    [b]ForcedHorzFov(85.000000)
    DisableScreenBorder()[/b]

New with this patch. (Unsure if 85 is a good FOV to use, it's just a small increase over 82.5 but I need to experiment further.)

Stuff I changed/tweaked earlier.
    (FXFadeLevel 0 instead of 2 since lower is apparently better, View changed from 2.00 4.00 to 10.00 10.00 but it doesn't really do much, Anisotropic altered to AnisotropicTrilinear and a shadow resolution of 2048 instead of 1024)

EDIT: Fixed the post a bit. :)

13. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    thanks bro

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    And with the yesterday drivers from nvidia, my game started to run sht

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I can force proper MSAA using the 0xF0C1 flag but does anyone know why Chrome 5 Engine still doesn't support anti-aliasing despite the Video.scr config file having a FSAA() option since Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood? :3eyes:

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I guess it's just a old leftover for Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing instead of the MSAA (or SSAA) modes that are now available, as for the game not supporting AA maybe it's using deferred rendering, still they should have had a FXAA or SMAA shader alternative by now.
    (I use the SMAA shader via RadeonPro and SweetFx offers both that and FXAA but not everyone uses those utilities or injectors.)

Compatibility flags or downsampling is thus needed, hopefully their upcoming game (The parkour zombie one.) with the upgraded game engine will offer some better AA options. :)

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks Jonas but as far as know the Chrome Engine has never even supported Fullscreen Anti-aliasing (which I presume is like the ineffectual edge-detect filter that the LEGO games use) never mind any other form of AA so its inclusion is puzzling. It's hard to believe that an engine in 2013 doesn't at least support FXAA, MLAA or SMAA, given how low their performance overhead is.

18. johnyz333

johnyz333 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 512 x2
    Can you plz screenshot your profile, tried that flag but no luck.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks for the heads up JB.

Edit: Latest patch has removed all stutter for me. Thanks Ubisoft, you're doing great as of late.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  20. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    cant believe they fixed the stutter :)
    hope they patch it into dead island