AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 13.5 CAP1 (May 22)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, May 22, 2013.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_application_profile_download_1126.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
  2. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Was hoping for some Metro2034.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I concur, cause crossfire is jerky as fooook with 2 gpus, we need some of that microstuttering negative frames fixin to smooth out the frames...

4. rgabriel15

rgabriel15 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB GDDR5
    LOL! With Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light needing new drivers, they are improving COD4 and Far Cry 2!
    What will be in the next CAP... Max Payne 1?

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    COD4 I can see, that game still has a nice size player base, but Far Cry 2...I just don't understand that one.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So I guess this will be the first CAP I install since I had Xfire as it actually improves single GPU performance and I still play COD4 promod quite a bit :)

Win for me! :banana:

7. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    I'm confused, easy to do. I thought no more separate CAPs. Latest release internal with driver releases, even betas.

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    nope amd never told that they will stop releasing CAPs, actually they'll provide CAPs when it is needed and there is a big time gap between driver releases..:)

9. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    "needed"
    Hell yeah, I was almost dying for a performance patch for Far Cry 2. xD
    Well, probably they just fixed some old bug that was affecting these games performance, I'm ok with this.

And the other games are kind of new, so I think they are just saving major optimizations to the next beta.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    most likely they just found something random that helped, so they stuck i in there...

happens periodically....

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    May be this is where a 3rd GPU helps, I've been playing Metro Last Light @5760x1200, no Advanced PhysX and no SSAA, everything else maxed or enabled......it's buttery smooth. In fact, it's running so smooth, I've been half expecting something to go FUBAR. It's been so smooth gameplay-wise that Lo and Behold, I'm nearing Polis and the end of the game.

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    sup, here are some unreleased games not mentioned in those release notes

so people need to stop crying about the random old games

that's exactly what happened

<value Property="StretchBltBat">False</value> appeared in fc2, cod4, RE5 (not mentioned), hawx (not mentioned)

maybe they didnt test it on more games? i wonder what kind of optimization it does, would be useful for laptop users that need all the boosts they can get

<value Property="MtGrabCSTime">1</value> appeared in RE5 & minimum

<value Property="MtGrabCSScheme">0x2</value> borderlands1 & rise of the triad (unreleased)
    <value Property="MtGrabCSScheme">1</value> RE5 & minimum
    <value Property="MtGrabCSScheme">2</value> remember me

there are a lot of opengl things being added too

in conclusion, no the driver team is NOT asleep, case closed

EDIT: but i did see something funny, every gpuz version has its own profile, apparently GPUZ*.exe doesnt work (can they do GPUZ.*.*.*.exe?)

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  13. cutestguy

cutestguy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC SLI
    what if i installed a new driver? do i uninstall the cap application? coz i have installed 13.4 cap 1 and 13.5 cap

14. locoidal

locoidal Member

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Far cry 2!!! ... DX9 !!!! ... Single GPU!!!!!

:pipe:

15. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB

16. RaptorX86

RaptorX86 New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX480 - SLI
    Yeaa.. AMD now optimize Unreal.. LOL

Seriously, I can not understand the way they do. There are more serious problems to solve, and rightly do they do? Fixano games ten years ago.

Metro LL did not give me problems in the crossfire. A want to be picky it might be necessary to increase the performance and fixare some shade corrupt, the rest no stuttering.

17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    LMFAO, you do relise that your disabling the best graphics option in the game
    without SSAA the game looks like ****, i can play the game perfectly @4xssaa all maxed out but the issue is the random microstuttering between gpus.

if i disable SSAA i get complete smoothness aswell. try putting SSAA off then putting SSAA @0.5 then try 4x and you will see the diffrence in texture quality.

SSAA is a must a needed for this game.

18. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I feel I'm losing not much in terms of graphics, I'd rather sacrifice a little PQ in favor of better framerate.....at least, till AMD releases a driver that would allow me to up SSAA. Till then, it looks just lovely @5760x1200.....and more importantly, it runs super smooth. BTW, SSAA is a must.....in your opinion, certainly not mine.:)

19. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    How is anti-aliasing the best graphic option in the game? The game looks absolute fine w/o SSAA. If it looks blurry to you, I recommend adding SweetFX and enable lumasharpen. It makes a great difference.

So no... SSAA is not a must in this game. Especially when I dont see jaggies anywhere with it off. 2560x1600 60fps smooth experience.

A screenshot (just example)with SSAA off + SweetFX
    [​IMG]

20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Thanks Elajitz for the other.. lol thats where I got it from