Need a motherboard for my i7 3770k CPU plz...

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by asimriz, May 17, 2013.

1. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Hello People,

I am buying an Intel i7 3770k CPU & require a Z77 motherboard for it. I want to overclock the CPU. I don't want anything extremely high end like a ASUS ROG board but I want something reliable... My budget is £150 MAX... Plz help me out as you wonderful people have done countless times before... Thank you in advance.... One last thing, du think I shud wait for Haswell ?

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    If not mistaken the Gigabyte are the most reliable motherboards.

Though, the most recommend is the Asrock Extreme 4, at least in Portugal it is.I've had one and it was really good, my ex. 2500k was clocked at 4.8ghz.The only downside was the asthetics because of the black/brown pcb.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  4. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    an I/O sheild can be had for peanuts. You can order one direct from Asus, a friend of mine bent his so bad that it literally ripped the metal on the side and wouldn't fit when bent back. He rung ASUS and was honest with them, they sent him a new I/O shield for free.

EDIT:

The motherboard Pill suggested is also a good choice, and should be able to overclock very well with your chip.

7. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    You guys fking rule ! Ur always so very helpful ! THANK YOU !

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    No worries dude, a helpful community is a better community :)

JOIN US

[​IMG]

9. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    The ASUS P8Z77-V Pro looks NOICE though. All PCI-E slots at 16x ???? DAYEM... Anyone using this board ? I was thinking of gng the Sabertooth Z77 route as I'm very satisfied with my Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 but the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro looks promising. The intel parts are for my wife's computer. She does 3D modelling too, hence the need for the 3770k. How's abt Gigabyte motherboards ? I read the review for one.. UDH something or 3DH ? Was there also a TDH ? LOL Not sure...

EDIT: I will gladly join u guys. BTW I'm the kid in the background between the boy & girl :banana: Also, with our combined efforts we will overthrow the emperor & take over the galaxy.... Ermmmm, :p

10. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    I'm checking out the ASUS Maximus V Gene. I wasn't gng to go the mini ATX route but this mobo looks effing noice ! Any thought on it guys. Basically, I will be using only one GPU: a GTX 670 & I might do SLI. Just 1 HDD, maybe 2, 2 noctua fans for cooling apart from the 2 already on the casing.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Change your mind?

12. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    LOL well to be honest it's within price range & it's full of features... I will be using only 1 GPU & MAYBE a 2nd... But the features this board has r top notch...

13. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Oh feck, now I'm right back where I started ! I hate this... Y r there SOOOO many boards to choose from ? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

14. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Ok so I've finalized it to either:

1) ASUS P8Z77-V PRO

OR

2) ASUS Sabertooth Z77

I simply love the ASUS UEFI/BIOS & I love how easily u can OC ur cpu... So I'm DEF sticking with ASUS. So guys, which mobo wud b the best for the following:

1) 1-2 SATA HDD
    2) 1 GPU (maybe 1 more in SLI)
    3) No DVD burner
    4) 4-5 cooling fans overall (including CPU fan)
    5) 750W PSU
    6) Corsair Vengeance 8GB memory@1600MHz
    7) definitely wana OC the i7 3770k

Thanks yet again in advance :)

15. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Now is not a good time to buy an Ivy bridge cpu i7 3770k especially if you are going to be overclocking the most you will get is around 4.4ghz due to the heat rising sky high with added voltage.You are better off waiting for Haswell which will have more intel 6gb sata ports and will most definitely overclock a lot better than Ivy Bridge more like Sandy bridge and 5ghz should be a piece of cake.Just wait for some reviews first before you upgrade..

16. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    YES SIR ! Cheers kens30... Top advice on ur part man :D

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    got my p8z77-v pro yesterday, love the board, cost £155 from Novatech (I'm sure you can have it cheaper). Ask away if you have any questions. Great board btw, my favorite thing about it is how fast it posts/boots. love that.