Free to play games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, May 12, 2013.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Half-Life, ALL of 'em!

2. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Tribes Ascend if you like fast paced, z-axis capture the flag.

I've also been playing SWTOR F2P a little recently, and it is certainly fun. I can do all the quests and level 4 characters to level 50 if I want with 2 races across all classes.

Not bad, considering it's free. It is a bit of a grind fest sometimes, unfortunately, but the storyline is polished, if simplistic and shallow, as we can expect from Bioware.

I actually bought a digital pack for 4.99 that gives me access to a speeder for each character, and that pushed me to "Preferred" status which means 6 characters and a generally easier time leveling. Been playing for 3 days straight. Worth it, but this is off topic.

Hawken -- I played for a bit a few months ago. It gets boring real fast. Good for a quick game with mates.

Planetside 2 I find monumentally boring. I don't why, but the entire game just doesn't feel kinetic at all. For a cover-based, low time-to-kill shooter, lacking kinetic feel is a death sentence, IMO.

3. I'll suggest Aion (NA).

I've put a lot of time into it and can say NA Aion is honestly free without limits. EU (gameforge) on the other-hand is not. F2P is a joke there and is riddled with hacks..etc

But yeah, if you want good PvP and stuff to work toward it's a good choice. ..I bought GW2, hit cap and went straight back to Aion. I mean, the game is full of skins. lmao

4. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    does Aion have a good size player base and have pvp? iv been debating to download it and give it a go

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Last I checked, none of the half-life games are free to play

6. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    wtf is "kinetic feel" ?

Anyway, I actually recommend Planetside 2 if you're NOT the kind of guy who gets pissed by getting killed in a FPS. Cuz you'll die a LOT.

The first few weeks you won't even know what the f are you doing (lots of metagame stuff you have to pick up as you go), I had mad fun anyway though, and I still find it very entertaining. Plus SOE is updating the game constantly so there is always new things to try (or to get killed by :D).

Don't get discouraged by the high cert prices on some things. Guns aren't that different from each other so most of them don't actually worth the 1k price tag, and most addons are pretty cheap. And now you can "test-drive" everything in VR Training before actually buying it.

7. Most deffinitely and the PvP in Aion is unlike any other MMO I've played, in a good way.

That's what has kept me coming back for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rILUZCcacI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rycXbnCWCIU

Couple PvP vids. It is open world PvP and you can go to opposing factions land. Rape away. There're also arenas and dredgion, which is PvPvE.

It is heavily RNG based though. Enchanting/Socketing gear can be rage inducing but it's part of the fun to me. ..Finally getting everything +15 and fully socketed.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ^this.

9. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb

cool ill have to try it out ill admit i was a long time wow player 06 all the way up to last expansion so finding a good mmo has been hard one with fun pvp lol

10. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Neverwinter online is a surprisingly good game. Freshly released as open beta. Bit of a short though - completed all quests and reach max level for one week :) ...but new areas and expansions are coming soon and such.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Rift is going p4f so there is something to think about... anyway battlefied play4free great stuff to kill some time and people. :D

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Check on Steam, there's a dedicated F2P category, lots of games there. I'd recommend DC Universe Online. Also, not on Steam but I'd recommend TERA Rising (or if you prefer TERA Online, but it's called "Rising" now). Never something bad to at least try a free game, so give 'em a try!

13. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I've been playing Panzar and it's alright. Anyone else play it here?

14. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Yeah, I'm playin' it. It IS pretty good, but only for a few matches, it could've been better, if it had more game modes and more maps with more players on them.

15. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Well, let's see, kinetic means movement, essentially. The game doesn't feel kinetic, and by that, I mean movement, responses, and general animations during combat feel stiff and uninteresting. Guns don't feel like they pack much of a wallop, and hit animations are hit and miss (pun intended).

Contrast this to Battlefield 3, for example. I don't actually like BF3 all that much, but movement, and general kineticism of animation are really, really good, from firing feedback to jumping and sprinting.

I mean, the only thing that feels good in Planetside 2, and feels right movement wise is air combat.

But I may be biased. I've played Tribes since 1998 and that's all about fast movement and proper feeling of spatial freedom. In Planetside 2, despite the huge environs, I feel absolutely locked to whatever spot I'm at, even if I'm running.

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Well they are, online ONLY that is! He could always borrow the game from a friend.

Who doesn't own Half-Life? :)

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    If the op is into games like micro machines, then the old & original Death Rally from 1998 is free to download & play.

I know it's ancient but gameplay is great fun...

18. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB