Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Eeeeeh.... i dunno. While Lotus DOES make some impressive cars.... being over 6' tall, they wouldn't be the IDEAL car for me. haha. Though, if given the opportunity to have one, i sure as hell wouldn't turn it down. I'd just have one hell of a hard time getting in and out of it. I mean... the Evora i sat in at the dealership was quite low.... and as far as i can remember, the Elise i saw here in Lehighton was even shorter.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well one has to only watch Top Gear and how Clarkson fairs with Lotus :D :D

3. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    And with the Ford GT40/Ford GT

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm 6'1 and can fit in one, but I agree that it's a pretty low profile car. It's certainly iffy. But given it's a roadster and designed for warm weather driving, it's not too much of an issue imo.

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    My friend does photography and he wanted to take a couple photos of the ride. I think he did a nice job. Only problem was the car wasn't super clean for the photo shoot.

I also had a little fun with the car in the park (short video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL6-ntmeGS8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That was awesome. Sounds great.

7. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
  8. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Went to Castle Combe today - track day with some other Saab people.

Was good fun - in spite of the turd weather. I wasn't driving, but had got a few rides in different cars; including a lovely 8v turbo 900 and almost certainly the fastest car I'd ever been in - a 9-3 with a GT3071 :D

Really interesting experience - was nice to see what a properly sorted 900 can do! Was passing M3s and Elises - not bad for a 25 year old car on standard suspension with ~160hp. Made me really miss mine though.

The 9-3 was ridiculous - running somewhere north of 320bhp, FWD, cut slicks, lots of rain. Pretty exciting lol - I'd never experienced a power delivery like it.

Was pretty cool passing 911s and stuff in a ballistic Saab. Again, amazing what a difference a well set up car and a decent driver makes.

Would love to know what the Porsche people were thinking as a ratty swedish coupe comes past smoking the tyres at >100mph lol

My 900's getting there, slowly but surely.

[​IMG]

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I should record a video of my Dart starting up and revving. I have to admit, to those of you that have yet to see/drive one... Dodge did a pretty damn good job getting a little 1.4L Turbo to sound a little more growly.

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    After owning a 12 sec SRT-4 Neon here in the states I could never do that kind of power delivery and FWD ever again. Wheel hop, understeer, and lighting the tires at highway speeds got old real quick. It was a fun ride though but nothing compared to my replacement. On the dyno it made 280fwhp/320fwtq. Here's the older SRT-4 I had....

Funny tho outrunning things that had no clue what it was. I know the feeling you're having with the Saab but AWD / RWD is the way to go.

[​IMG]

12. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Makes sense, if I were in a neon i'd need it to be fast too so people wouldnt be able to see me in it ;P

I keed I keed

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    haha! It's all good I called it the "b*stard car." Hated by the imports and the domestics. Imports hated it because of it's performance and domestics felt it was a 4 banger. I had some serious fun with it. Here's what it could do...ran a 13.2 @ 111mph with it on the track. I don't have it anymore...I got smart and went RWD and V8 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beo2qyZo7Wk

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Not mine just a photo of what the Italian police drive around in at Bologna:

[​IMG]

I miss Italy, left this was this morning =(

15. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Ive been beaten multiple times by good neon drivers on the track (the ones that have curves ;-) ) so I know they are capable cars...you are right though..import guys dont like them and neither do muscle car guys..at least it looked a lot better than the car that replaced it.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... you talking about the Dart? If so.... i can't say that i'd agree with you there. To me, not only does the Neon look rather meh.... but the same exact car was sold under two different brands. That's ALMOST as bad as new Durango's and new Jeep's being damn near identical.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Chrysler has always done this though. For a while there, Plymouth cars were just Dodges with a different badge. Good thing they finally retired that brand.

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... well yea.... there are a lot of cars that end up using the same frame with a different body and such.... but the Neon was IDENTICAL between Plymouth and Dodge. And with the look of it.... i can't believe they actually made it twice...

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    So was the Voyager, and the Breeze, etc.

20. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Not the dart, im talking about neon's 1st replacement ...the boxy fugly caliber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.