[Help] Watercooling EVGA 570 DS HD

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Manu2009, May 7, 2013.

1. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
  2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    could always sell your current and upgrade...might be a bit pointless to upgrade an oldish card when new one's are coming out...(newer card should solve the noise issue).

p.s i put a waterblock on mine but that was about a yr ago..

3. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    I wouldn't see the point of upgrading since I can run pretty much everything max settings.

However, might be dumb to dump 500$ on a watercooling CPU+GPU set up. Just checking my options :)

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well it is great having both the gpu+cpu under water so i definately am not against it but if it were me i'd perhaps sell your current, upgrade and then do a custom loop but just the cpu. then think about doing the gpu depending on the noise factor...(pretty easy to add the watercooled gpu later on).

but as you say if you can run games fine, tbh i am probably not going to upgrade myself. still on the fence.

and ofc depends on your budget, yeah $500 bucks should do it nicely. (rem you'll need res+rad+cpu+gpu blocks, fittings, tubing, coolant (i use free distilled), pump

also what case do you have? most say 360 radiator for gpu+cpu.

5. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Cosmos S. Could fit one on the top no problem.

I bought the 570 DS thinking it would need less RPM to cool the card since there is 2 fans on the thing. I was wrong ! I might also buy another air cooler just for the card, one that is less noisy. Just need to know if the card can fit most third party blocks (water or air). We'll see after that !

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah sorry dont know the answer to that...i would have thought so. you'd probably get a definitive answer from the evga forums or wait for someone else from here to post.

i was answering your question though (in a slightly different way).

p.s and i am not sure a cosmos s can fit a 360 rad at the top. i am pretty sure the cosmos 2 can...again someone from here will advise on this.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I would definitely upgrade that gpu if it's the only thing making noise.