Any Information when the New driver with "Frame-Pacing" will be available?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CLass, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    As the Title says, is there any news for us CrossFire users? I really demand that new Driver with "Frame-Pacing" and nice frame-times, its like i wont play any game until that new driver is out, so some news or dates about it would be phenomenal..thanks in advance, CL

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Oh man, really :bang:, whatever..driver is already beyond smoothlike :) -_-
    Anyway a new complete beta will be available around June, fully optimized..

3. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Lol no it's not. You can see the difference between 13.5 beta 2 and the prototype driver.

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    AMD 6950 user here (with a single GPU), Can I know if this driver does make a difference on my card?.

Can someone point me to the download links of these drivers, if yes.

Last edited: May 6, 2013

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    @CLass: Haven't you tried VSync + FPS capping? Eliminates microstutter.

Use RadeonPro for that.

After using VSync + FPS caps and minimizing input lag due to VSync, I wouldn't really go back to anything else.

@Raiga: It doesn't affect single GPUs. It's a prototype driver for multi-GPU frame pacing.

6. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Oh ok, I got confused with this message a bit -> https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/329642500451078144

7. sivis

sivis Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 (950 Mhz)
    "I should note that single-GPU pacing is already fixed. ".
    Are you efing kidding me? Latency issues are present in all games still! Except maybe dirt series and new hitman. I've got slowdowns in BF3, Hawken, GTA 4. Batman AC just plays like crap, though it should fly.

8. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    What would be the proper procedure for that? Radeonpro always stops working for me not too long after I install it so I haven't used it much. Would it be (assuming a 60hz monitor) vsync with a 59fps cap or something else?

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    It does affect single GPUs; it's just (way) more apparent on CF setups.

@Raiga
    The current 'fixes' for single GPUs AFAIK still rely on CAPs, but CMIIW.
    Just some tweaked settings to make the problem reduced but (still) unresolved.
    Only the prototype driver has the real fix, which is frame-pacing.

Btw, what's the news with the 'memory management' thing back then?
    Was that the now known as the 'frame-pacer' or was it an entirely different fix?

10. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    Well i dont want to sound rude but..there hasnt been an answer with any info i did not know or that is really related to my topic, thats not what i expect from gurus:)
    I have a 120hz Screen so fpscap is a nono for me and yes im already using radeonpro, ty anyway

Guess i just have to be patient and wait...

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Oh dont get me started on GTA4 that game run maxed out for me and still got well above 30fps and it was very very playable. Now with current drivers I get lows of 20fps and the fps is all over the place.

12. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Er.. The driver with frame pacing and nice frame times should be applicable to single GPU users too you know, That's quite a selfish request IMHO.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz

I can get 120fps nearly everywhere by lowering few unnecessary things a bit.
    But I know too that there are situations where quadfire would not manage 120fps. CF is better at producing 60fps on higher resolutions (multiple screens) than producing 120fps on single 1080p display, because average game code is written with target to reach 60fps on average GPU (HD78xx), but from CPU point of view 3.3GHz is standard.
    - And you can get 2x ~ 8x times more rendering power due to fact graphics operations are mostly parallel. But games designed to run on 2 threads with target 3.3GHz will not be 6x faster on 8 thread 4.7GHz CPU.

Therefore in games where CF does not work as you wish you may opt. for single card. It's only your un/ability to decide which is holding you from playing games.

Driver you "demand" will be out once it is ready for public testing.
    Driver with memory rewrite is same case, we may get preview once preview is ready.

Just sit and watch empty 120Hz display of yours. Because I got feeling you want 120fps+ in any situation and at maximum details.

Me personally... I will be playing on mine (aging 120Hz benq) a lot of games in meantime.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    my guess is op is not a native english speaker and the use of "demand" was an unfortunate choice of words...

or maybe hes just a tool

lol

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I meant the driver, not the phenomenon (which can exist on single GPUs). The frame-pacing prototype driver deals exclusively with multi-GPU AFR microstutter on a single screen.

The promised driver should contain fixes for multiple setups as well. For now, they were only testing on a single monitor.

A 59FPS cap causes hitching, use a 60FPS cap. I don't really know why it would stop working, perhaps I could be of assistance via PM? Send me a message telling me what's your setup, what you have tried, maybe we could solve the issue.

Meanwhile, guys, please leave this topic for discussion concerning the frame-pacing drivers and what is relevant to multi-GPU setups. Take your whining somewhere else. http://www.facebook.com

Last edited: May 6, 2013

16. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Frame pacing is completely different than the memory rewrite and single card frametime improvements or fixes. The frame pacing feature will benefit everybody no matter what card(s) you have. It will make a delay between every frame rendered on screen so that every frame is evenly distributed. This is very important for crossfire because it prevents runt frames.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its due around June as said above. :)

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Heh, I guess with Nvidia releasing FCAT made AMD hot under the collar and made frame pacing a priority.

IIRC the memory rewrite thing was 'this' close to be officially incorporated to the beta releases (although it was only for the HD7000 series, I think?) before Nvidia let the FCAT out of the bag.

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    In reality, FCAT have help more AMD as if reviews like TR have continue to use FRAPS for do test iot.. as FCAT have mostly shown the problem was not as bad or even absolutely not here with single cards.

Now Most games use AFR method for CFX and SLI, Frame Pacing ( or metering ), permit to SLI in case of AFR method use to "prevent the problem inherent of AFR method. " So yes in this case this will be good to get it.

basically by using v-sync and FPS limits, you should not even see it. or better, just change the method used.. ( use different render method ( 1:1 etc )

Now i hope AMD and Nvidia will really start to re think a bit their dual cards method. Frame pacing is just an artifical method, it dont really fix the method used for dual gpu rendering .

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  20. CLass

CLass Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX980 Phantom
    Demand was the absolute right choice of a word but thanks for all ur oppinions about....something..

June tho, okay, thread can be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.