Nvidia GeForce 314.22 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Mar 25, 2013.

1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yes i can say that they are. I was using the 301's for the longest, install the 314. but it was a driver conflict or something, did a fresh install of the drivers and Jericho runs faster, sleeping dogs runs faster, BF3 runs even faster, Nexuiz runs faster.. No problems whatsoever :)

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I had 301.42 when they came out. I can't recall any big performance loss with newer drivers since then. I only took your word for it.

3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Well i updated my comment, the 301 are nice, but the 314.22 blow them away lol. i am getting faster and more stable performance with the new drivers, i had a driver conflict or something before, but did a fresh install with the drivers and everything is fine now.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've only had that when reaching the 65-70% point in the game. I disabled TressFX and it seems to have stopped. Not sure if it was the cause, just saying that it hasnt happened after that.

5. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Oh, so older drivers aren't faster after all. That's a relief.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    -_-

BF3 FXAA is disabled in driver profile (greyed out), so is MSAA (only app controlled), the only thing that works is Transparency AA!

Even if you force it in global profile, BF3 game nvcpl profile will overwrite it and nothing will work except TrAA.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I'm pretty sure they only gray out FXAA for games that have FXAA already implemented in it. You can still use it if you allow it in NV Inspector. (Which is what I had to do for skyrim)

8. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    :)
    I turn on fxaa in the nvidia control panel, i am 100% sure its there in BF3 lol.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    There where, ingame as postAA? or in BF3 nvcpl profile?

And no its not, unless you already use ingame PostAA which btw is a blurry mess (except postAA at low, kinda)
    [​IMG]

Or like CyberDyne said only if you manually re-enable it with nvinspector, although I didnt try it yet..
    I tried it once in TombRaider 2013 but it looked broken, some weird blurring going on and it didnt anti alias properly.

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    WOW i never notice that lol, that's weird. So only AT and enhanced aa works for it?
    it sure looks good tho.
    Here is a picture, 1600x900 8x enhanced aa and 8x super sample and fxaa , but i guess its only showing super sample:
    [​IMG]

11. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I've only just started running Far Cry 3 in "High" and it runs beautifully. Quite tempted to go and buy a GTX 670 and slam it in to "Ultra".

I'm quite surprised it runs so well given the age of my card, and it just goes to show how badly Far Cry 2 ran.

12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Far cry ran bad?

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    All i see is postAA at high which blurs the whole image waaay to much, loses some fine detail.

Are you using ingame Deffered AA too? I guess not otherwise you wouldnt get "good" fps. :)

Anyway its not important, i just wanted to let you know if you're using driver fxaa or enahnced AA it wont work - ie forced in global profile.

14. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    So how does D3DOVerrider work with these new drivers?

- If I put Vsync off in drivers, D3DOVerrider cannot enable it.
    - If I put it on any other settings without D3DOVerrider, massive stuttering in BF3.
    - If I put application decide, and D3DOverrider, not working.

So basically I cannot get this D3DOverrider to work with these drivers. Any Help?

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    For now reverting to older drivers does the thing. It's like night and day, these new ones total crap :D

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I went back to these drivers after the terrible 320.00 then remembered that this driver causes me one problem only. BF3 has a problem with them. When I click to join a server sometimes I get driver not responded but recovered and then the process hangs.

Can anyone suggest another driver for me that had good performance? I don't want to use the latest Quadro either as that broke effects in BF3 also.

I am really getting fed up of Nvdia drivers. Did not have this many problems at all with my 2 5850's...

Thanks all.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    314.09 titan are good too, very smooth but they dont contain TombRaider tessellation black dots fix.

18. Domhq

Domhq Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic R9 270X

since yesterday 322.14 drivers are available for Windows 8.1 from windows update
    dxdiag shows WDDM 1.3
    had not heard anything about WDDM 1.3

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    need someone serch it on microsoft site

you have 9385 version right?

20. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Windows 8.1 has kernel version 6.3, which includes new WDDM 1.3.