Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Ricky78

Ricky78 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N1060G1
    ~20 (!!!) FPS with Dead Space 3 and these drivers, back to 314.22.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Huh...I realize my system is overkill for Dead Space 3 but, I'm getting over 200 FPS @1920x1080 with every setting maxed with this driver. For me it runs great on every title I've tried it on.

3. Ricky78

Ricky78 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N1060G1
    DS3 has a very light 3D engine and with pre-320.00 drivers I get ~100 FPS.
    There's definitely something wrong with these drivers (at least on my system) because I have the same results both under 7 x64 and XP x86.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So it should with £1,700 worth of graphics cards running the games. I'd be asking for my money back if it wasn't!

5. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    It is, guess you don't see it then, not my fault.
    You must be a master OC'er / know-it-all who has enough with one code and knows exactly that this code is from an OC only problem, completely passing logic aside. Kudo's!
    Never said I get BSODS once per week, my phrase was "when otherwise, you get maybe 1 on 3 weeks OR LONGER ... " as a general example which is perfectly acceptable! Depending on what you do of course, of which you know nothing and is not your business either.

Just went back to 314.22 for a few days and 0 bsods compared to the 320.00 which gave several BSODS (in Windows I might add without doing anything, not even in games) in a very short time period, while there are in this thread at least +10 ppl reporting BSODS.
    So yeah, my reasoning is indeed very very solid.
    But, I guess you know better, must be my 2 year old OC which is wrong then according to you.
    Now read that part... and think again, logically this time. Mr solid.
    And next time, read the whole thread from the beginning, that will help also.

My apologies in return my friend. Big respect to your reply!
    I didn't take it wrong in any way, maybe I came over a bit crude to you then :)
    I never said I get exactly one BSOD once per 3 weeks, it was just as an example. (my exact phrase copied above :) )
    Any new game or whatever, can make your PC crash, at any given time, even if it's not OC'ed or whatever, nothing is perfect and code goes wrong in memory sometimes, for many possible reasons. As long as games for example, or Operating Systems aren't programmed perfect, then a BSOD can always happen, nothing can prevent you from that. Certainly when you play around with a lot of things :)

In any case, I don't mind what you said, but there is a problem with the 320.00's for me, and many others. Already after first install I had an issue which I had never seen, had to reinstall them before they behaved, everything was fine at first, but then in a relatively short span, without any strain on the system, and weird pre-effects before the BSOD, it would BSOD.
    Since I don't have this with the previous driver, plain logic, and other people's experiences, should say enough ;-).

But I'm just reporting my personal experience, for many others, like a friend of mine, he has no immediate problems with this driver, that's how it goes.

You actually touch a point which is a probable cause for these issues when you said the following "... nVidia is always tightening it's code so I expect some issues..."
    But noone except Nvidia knows what has changed exactly, and if you OC a factory overclocked card even further etc... ;-) Although they should never touch timings or whatever of the sort. But drivers have been known to be more or less friendly to some cards, and this one wasn't friendly at all :)

It's guys like the one above, that tick me off :) Plain stupidity.
    Happy fairing all.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  6. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Also I have problems, randomly the screen freezes and the mouse doesn't respond, the only solution is to shut down and restart the pc.. -.-"

7. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Try turning soft shadows off

8. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Great to meet a fellow overclocker who knows it all who in this case might have missed some points. For example holding to the fact in where you mentioned, that a BSOD once per 3 weeks is good, proves that your previous argument was weak. Instead you change your argument and take the fact that more people are suffering from this driver which holds true but doesn't change the logic why also a lot of them don't have these problems. So in your case you claim that the drivers are the only problem which if you take my post better into consideration you would see that it also might be system related.

Next in this argument your logic falls to understand that you're using a modus ponens argument, in other words you state that reverting your drivers you don't have any problem so this must hold true for everyone which isn't the case, because not everyone is having the same problems.

As last did you ever hear me talk or claim that one code is the solely problem of everyone or are you not willingly to understand the bigger concept of system compatibilties..

Now take some time to let it sink in ;)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    This makes at least 4 reports now, hope it's solved before WHQL

10. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It may not be written exactly the same. But add me to the list. PC locked up mouse froze. Only way to get system back was to hit reset.

No error from windows when it happened but event viewer had the error I posted above.

The 314.22 have fixed this though, but yeah, hope they fix this in the next WHQL.

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    Add me to the list as well, these drivers have been a world of hurt for me, random freezing, even in web browsing. Hard reboots are the only way out of the lockups.

Rolled back to 314.22 yesterday and was able to use the pc all night with out issue. the 320's would consistently lock up after about 30 min.

interestingly enough i am also on a EVGA GTX 460 SC

12. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No disrespect, but.

It's never a good idea to go after a well respected member of this community.

JMHO

13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'll post If I find a work around, but for now this driver appears to be a little too alpha in build for me.

I see they removed the 320.00 beta thread at nVidia. I saw dozens of post in that thread from different users with the same or similar issues.

GL

14. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    IMHO bla bla doesn't sound definitely not disrepectful. Besides someone who has posted more means automatically he has the higher superiority. So lets be all quiet then because our reasoning doesn't count.

15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    He has helped hundreds with his past posts here, you have helped exactly who with yours?

I think you missed his post where he says "succinctly in my opinion" states that he pushes his PC more than most, which is why he has more issues.

Good luck, you will need it taking this thread off topic again.

16. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Indeed my post was to help anyone with similar problems, instead it was just being bashed by "logic". Well one would think from a respectful member to react more mature. So it is nice you support his view but please try to understand someone's point of view too.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    People describe your freezing please? I've had random freezing as well, only in tribes ascend though. What happens is it freezes for 3 seconds and then starts working then repeats the process. Go to desktop and windows still freezes every few seconds. I've had it since last whql, not before that though. Reset is required to fix it.

18. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    No freezes in game here, just random mouse cursor freeze on the desktop. Sometimes I can reboot properly before a complete system hang occurs. Problem started since R319

19. JeffJ

JeffJ Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    Random hard locks here, ONCE it came back after around 60 seconds and the screen had massive purple and green artifacts but most of the time it locks right up solid. I have had it do it in game, at the desktop, while browsing, did it while minimizing folders a few times. froze clicking a text field on evga's site. just utterly random.

Edit: I spell like Hellene Keller apparently...

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Mine was similar to Rewt's.

Browsing the web, clicked on a site, mouse froze. The only way I could get the PC to respond was to hit the reset button. The error message said the nvidia driver failed to respond 3000 sec in event viewer.