Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. snaipo

snaipo Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 320.00
    dead space 3 - 20-40fps...

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I reverted to 314.22 and way better gpu usage in BF3, played 64TDM noishar cannals and it actually ran faster/felt snappier then 32TDM with 320.00, go figure.
    And this is on a dated Yorkfield quadcore at 3.52ghz.

Same settings as before, ingame ultra, 2xmsaa, ssao, postaa off, blur off, af off.
    In driver 2frames to render ahead, forced 16xaf, prefer max. perf., threaded opt.- off atm for comparison.

3. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
  4. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    I came to Nvidia for better drivers... so far I have a tribes ascend bug that will likely not get fixed, on the whql tomb raider kaleidoscopes periodically, on this beta tomb raider is fixed, but trine 2 is busted.

Thinking I am glad I am in my return period now.

5. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Same here. Back to 314.22. Better gpu usage in BF3 also. This beta also made my card(s) act weird. Play a game and sometimes I would suddenly get the sort of on-screen corruption you might see from a graphics card that had been over-clocked to high and something had gone wrong. Like lines all across the screen about 1cm in length going down the screen.

Then to get rid of it I had to restart the PC regardless. Once I got to the BIOS part of the boot process there was a strange pause in booting and I heard the fan(s) on the card give a wooooosh (which never happened before) and then Windows would boot.

Strange. I have never over-clocked and never had a problem like that and have now played hours again with the 314.22 and as before, no problems.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video5
    !06d7(2634)

Keeping getting hangs and that now

7. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Yeh same as!

Going back to latest :(

8. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    EVGA PrecisionX screenshots

That does make alot of sense because since I posted I again modded my bios and flashed but I only used the "unlock" command from KGB. Only changes it made are:
    Fan_Min = 30
    Fan_Max = 100
    Max_Power_Target = 150
    Voltage = 1187500

Using this beta driver 320.00. This has been very stable for me with very minor fluctuations. Very low down throttling and will keep above 1300Mhz core clock. See screenshots below of idle, full load and one full load with a little dip. See graphs in bottom of the screenshots.

Idle:
    [​IMG]

Full load in Unigine Heaven 4.0:
    [​IMG]

Full load with little down throttle Unigine Heaven 4.0:
    [​IMG]

As you can see I have played around with the powertarget and this setting gets me alot stabler core frequencies with minimal down throttles. Also reduced the fan speed to save a bit of power as well.
    Hope this helps and if you need more info ask me and I shall provide.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  9. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Sounds like these drivers have a fair few issues, and 314.22 have been rock solid for me so I think I'll pass.

10. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Yes my crahes was wen i playing BF3 bouth of them in a period of 15 mins , first a freeze then close the game and a small window pop up saying something about directx ishue sorry i dont take a pic lol the second time same parameters but the same window pop up the a black screen and thats it i have to make a hard reset i proced to uninstall and put back the 314.22

11. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    :banana:BSOD everywere.....not joking :nerd: back to the 314.22.

12. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    --- Me to, when I try to run Unigine Valley, freeze, mouse and key not responding, and I need restart but no BSODs !!!

--- And many flickering in MOH Warfighter !!

13. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    My issue in BF3. I believe this is a stock map, where the attackers have to cross the river to get to the land. Can't remember the name.

Max settings, 4xAA HBAO and SSAO, the flicker was still there and there were black lines all over the screen. The new maps are fine, played it for 3 hours right after and they ran perfectly.

[​IMG]

14. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    That's exactly what was going on with me, but at the desktop just browsing the internet.

Mouse would freeze, no key's would work then it would come back, then do it again. I checked my event logs and it was showing up as a nvidia issue, would make sense as these issues appeared after installing the 320.00's

These should be called Alpha, possibly the most unstable drivers i've used for a good year

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's what was happening on my system with 314.07 & .21. I don't understand the cause as drivers older than those two and 314.22 work normally.

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Stuttering in Borderlands 2, SLi usage never seems to be greater than 50%?

17. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, in Borderlands 2 with SLI no more of 50-60% GPUs usage.

And yes, with this drivers I have a stuttering.

18. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    +1 for the borderlands 2 issue with 680 sli, runs like complete crap. Often 35 fps at 1440P with medium physx while indoors... physx is unplayable on any setting.

19. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    This is a beta driver and a new major release, obviously. Install 314.22 WHQL if you have problems.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    3 BSOD here. 1 BSOD while booting (Windows 8).
    Goddamn it BSODs are for the noobs.

BugcheckCode: 0, ZERO, NADA. Just black screen and reboot.

It LOOKS to be fine now, but I am at unease.