RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Hi, sorry that this question might have been asked before but a quick search in the thread didn't yield any results. I recently installed Crysis Warhead but I don't seem to able to get RadeonPro to detect the game in 64 bit mode. I even tried manually enabling 64 bit mode in RP and creating a profile for the executable and force the OSD to be shown at game startup but still nothing happens. The FPS counter doesn't work either. Is there a solution for this?

Also I have noticed that if I force SMAA over MSAA or SSAA, no visible change happens in the picture; is it because SMAA's algorithm works in a way that if the picture is already anti-aliased with MSAA/SSAA, it wouldn't have any effect anymore or there is some incompatibility issue here? FXAA+MSAA/SSAA works just fine, though.

Edit: I have the disk version of Crysis, not the steam version.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Thanks for the newest release, seems to be the most stable one so far! :)

Couple of problems I have with Far Cry 3 (Steam):

• When launching with steam overlay and uplay overlay, simply crashes on start
    • When launching with steam overlay and uplay overlay disabled the screen becomes over saturated: http://i.imgur.com/H7O9Cxl.jpg
    • When launching without steam overlay and with uplay overlay, it seems to work fine

If you need any logs of sorts, I would be glad to help. Thanks for all your hard work.

3. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

I play with the Steam Overlay Enabled, and with the Uplay Overlay Disabled.
    Works great and has for months.

4. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    The over saturation happens with SMAA, and even then when using the overlay it becomes completely stuck.

Update to the Far Cry 3 problems:

• When launching with steam overlay and uplay overlay, simply crashes on start
    • When launching with steam overlay, uplay overlay disabled and using SMAA the screen becomes over saturated (DX9): http://i.imgur.com/H7O9Cxl.jpg
    • When launching with Steam overlay, uplay overlay disabled the game works, but when you open the steam community in game (shift + tab) the overlay becomes stuck and cannot be removed (have to ctrl alt del out of the game)
    • When launching without steam overlay and with uplay overlay, it seems to work fine

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    DX9 or DX11?

6. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    I would like to see pixel format, lcd scaling, and other things that CCC has added to RP. I love RP with the easy to use application setting triggers for games. Keep up the good work. Thank you

7. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Nope. Same thing happens. All games are not detected by RP. :bang:

After the 5th time or so of restarting the game, RP will work with it and the game will run though...

8. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

SMAA is the only form of AA I use.
    Just tried running the game in DX9 and DX11 mode. Do not have the problem you are having.

Are you using another third party program that uses overlays?
    A tweaker or overclocking program?

9. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Both, doesn't matter which version I use. The over saturation is only with DX9, but the steam overlay getting stuck is with both DX9 and DX11.

Nope, I'm just using RadeonPro, Steam (and Catalyst Control center, but that doesn't give overlays).

No idea why this is happening.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  10. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    whiche better filter to use with gta4 ?
    and i would know about smaa and fxaa in almost all games when use internal fxaa or external performance dropes 1 or 2 fps
    but i try radeon pro almost times take 4 fps for me and sometimes 2 fps and in some games fxaa drop to 8 fps
    i think i have a problem any help maybe tweaks and i know my pc isnt powerful

11. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    It looks like it is your PC... Time for upgrade bud

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I have the steam overlay popup gamma issue again

dishonored and Sins of a solar empire so far....

13. rodney.ser

rodney.ser Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6990
    Hi this may be abit out of topic but would anyone who has a HD6990 tell me what fps they are getting in battlefield 3? In the multiplayer matches my FPS can drop to about 30+, is this normal for my card? I feel like the card is not performing properly. There is also lots of microstuttering. I really need help and would appreciate any help! thanks!

14. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Hey japamd, I just installed the newest RP build and it's causing the high cpu load @ profile list.

Does anybody have the 19/Dec RP installer?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  15. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Any chance we can get Dynamic Vsync without triple buffering for crossfire users? Thanks for all the hard work.

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That's odd :(

Yeah, that gamma issue is kinda hard to fix without breaking SMAA itself. Too bad I can't replicate the bug here :bang:

Out of curiosity, do you have high DPI set in Windows screen configuration?

Follow the instructions found here to get the 19/Dec build.

Triple-buffering with CF systems is not supposed to cause any harm or performance dips.

17. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    DPI is set to default.

Thanks for the link.

18. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Hey John, something odd that happened just today... had started taking timed screenshots with the "capture overlay" option disabled, but for some weird reason it was still displaying it, but only on half the frames or something. It's not exactly half, but it almost looks like it's capturing multiple frames at once and displaying the overlay on one of those frames.

At least, that's what I think... looking at the blurred number near the top of the screen (I assume that it would only display a single, clear number if it was only one frame).

It's not a big problem at all, just thought it would be the sort of thing you'd like to know :)

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Phooey,

ah well alt-tab, works for now...

20. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    That's rough.

The standalone SMAA injector works fine. Did you implement that "weird Steam hack"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.