SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I only know of 2. CeeJay's 1.4, and Boulotaur2024's injector which apparently works in FarCry 3 DX11 (with a few other improvements)... which is pretty sweet. I may have to try that.

2. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    This might be a stupid idea and I'm not sure how possible it is... but any chance of some kind of shader that could add a dark border to the crosshair? This is mainly an issue for me in BF3 where I often lose my crosshair in the bright scenes (sky / desert)

3. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    no you can't, the only shader that adds dark border is the cartoon and it adds everywhere

and doing what you ask is a cheat

4. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    i see it as less of a cheat and more of a contrast issue :)

5. conan2k

conan2k Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780GTX
    Short overview of new injectors

Tried new injectors. Below is the short overview of what I've noticed so far:

DX9
    • Strength of shader effects is visually reduced when the new injector is used (tested with LumaSharpen/LiftGammaGain/Vibrance/Curves + Dither and no SMAA/FXAA). Still need to test new values for different effects but preliminary the strength is reduced by 50% at the very least (vs. the old injector)
    • The overall impression of shader effects is different/more pleasant (again tested with LumaSharpen/LiftGammaGain/Vibrance/Curves + Dither and no SMAA/FXAA). All of tested effects looked, well, smoother/less distorted?! This could be due to more precise calculations/less visible artifacts (is this the case here?) or might be the wrong impression caused by the issue above
    • Performance is much better with the new injector (it's about 2-3 times faster than the old injector). Games are so much more fluid with this new injector. Hope that the performance of DX10/11 injector can be optimized to the same degree
    • There is a noticeable delay when switching the injector on/off (1 second vs. 0.1 second in the old injector)
    • Games often crash when the injector is switched on/off for multiple times (usually for more than 10 times). This happens to the old injector as well but less often

DX10/11
    • The benefit of using SMAA in conjunction with LumaSharpen is evident. The resulting image is noticeably smoother and also exhibits no visible artifacts (which are very noticeable on text when the old injector is used). BTW, Boulotaur2024's examples show this difference very well (pay attention to text):

Calculated on the aliased image
      Calculated on the antialiased image
    To be continued as time permits...

EDIT: Boulotaur2024, please implement calculations of LumaSharpen on antialiased images for DX9. The benefit of this is really significant in DX10/11.

EDIT 2: Regarding strength of shader effects. Basically had to multiply values by 2 to put it on a par with the old injector.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    you should always aim with right clic :p

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why am i having some hard time enabling it by some games?

The call of cthulu
    COD4,5

2-3 more

im at win8, reloading the shader has an affect i see fps stalling, but actuall sweetfx doesnt work?

it says this in log
    Do i need to disable ingame AA, i have UAC off..

edit:
    I tried to run the game as admin, but it didnt make any difference. Also disabled MSI afterburner OSD (added that trick for 3d compatilbity), used only fraps or no fps tool and still the same??

For example it worked in DeadSpace1 or Bf3 or RE6..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  8. Stein3x

Stein3x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 | SLI
    I never had problems with SweetFX in games.You should check first is if you have SweetFX files in the right directory and then try to disable ingame AA and see if it works.In some games like Sherlock holmes series or Call of cthulhu you need to disable ingame AA for SweetFX to work properly but you can enable AA from nvidia inspector and still use SweetFX :)

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok i will try without AA, but why does it show that fps drop when i reload sweetFX? so im guessing i put it in the right folder by all games that dont "work" or show visual difference.

10. rimer82

rimer82 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX570 1024
    cant make Boulotaur2024 SwFX Injector work with WarFrame 64-Bit mode,installed the SweetFX_64 DLLs in the parent level folder but still nothing happens wen enable 64-Bit mode,anyone have an idea how to properly make it work ?

11. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    So, as there is a new injector here goes a +TVLevels edition
    SweetFX with injector by Boulotaur2024 + TVLevels
    BTW i put the x64 dlls in the SweetFX folder.

I'd like to point out that with this injector the image using TVLevels is a bit darker than with the old injector with the same settings, so
    DARK_LEVEL 18.0 with the new one is like DARK_LEVEL 22.0 with the old one.

Updated the injector version.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok SweetFX with injector by Boulotaur2024 works fine in COD5 WAW MP, even with MSAA. :)

13. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I find warframe to be the weirdest when it comes to SweetFX, given that the shader files need to be with the launcher shorcut while the dll(s) and ini need to be with the warframe exe files. I suppose it's possible that the new injector is not seeing the 64bit exe because of the launcher though I sorta doubt it.

14. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    There seems to be a problem with detecting the DirectX version.
    Tried Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, put all the files in the binaries folder, game won't launch, the log said:
    Code:
    [02:28:43] Successfully hooked DX10/11 application and created log in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\'
    [02:28:48] Quitting
    But chivalry is a DX9 game, at least so says the window title.
    So i deleted the dxgi.dll and the game launched and the SweetFX is working.
    log:
    Code:
    [02:30:25] Successfully hooked DX9 application and created log in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\'
    [02:30:34] Redirecting CreateDevice : successful (width: 2560, height: 1440)
    [02:30:34] Trying to open SweetFX config file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\SweetFX_settings.txt'
    [02:30:34] SweetFX config file successfully opened !
    [02:30:34] USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING defined in SweetFX config file
    [02:30:34] Initializing SMAA (width: 2560, height: 1440)...
    [02:30:35] Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\SweetFX\Shaders\SMAA_DX9.fx' successfully : SMAA is on !
    [02:30:49] Quitting.

15. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    All works fine here, i put all the files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe folder, placed the x64 dlls there, overwriting the old ones of course.

16. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Instantly crashes Far Cry 3 (Steam), won't even launch the uplay launcher. Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  17. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    its just about time and we'll have the best sweetfx ever

18. rimer82

rimer82 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX570 1024
    the only way i can make it work its by installing SweetFX v1.4 in the following

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\ = dxgi.dll + d3d9.dll + injector.ini

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\ = SweetFX (folder) + d3d9.fx + dxgi.fx + sweetfx_preset.txt + sweetfx_settings.txt

and disable 64-bit mode in the laucher,but wen i try to use Boulotaur2024 SwFXInjector 64-bit compatible DLLs i get a crash no matter if i disable 64-bit mode or not

19. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Use all the files from the archive, there are some changes he made to the main.h file.

So, the best way to see if it works - delete all the sweetfx files from every folder of the game, put all the files from the archive in the main folder, put the x64 dlls in the main folder, overwrite, launch the game.

20. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    See now that's weird, normally the launcher (or shorcut to it if you use standalone and not steam) needs to read the shader files when you hit 'play' (for some really stupid reason I'm assuming) but the new injector apparently does not need such weirdness? Just really odd that an injector change would change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.