AMD Catalyst 13.4 (12.104.0.0 March 28)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    why ? , it just makes the forum look untidy tbh

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    for the 13.x yes.

These ALSO support 7990 ASIC, have advanced driver revisions, and are full WHQL.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanx asder! :)

4. ubysm1

ubysm1 Active Member

yes, i'm aware. his comment mentioned the april 16th driver, i.e. the 13.x driver.

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sorry, i had already revised my post....

my bad..

6. ubysm1

ubysm1 Active Member

no worries!

7. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    What about HDMI audio, still not fixed?
    Ooops download complete, will try...

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it worked correctly in the 13.x drivers...

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Apps are older with this (AVT in particular. 16 April AVT files are not only newer but very different file sizes). Recommend copying the Apps from the 16 April drivers, but NOT the OpenCL folders.

The driver structure is a bit different, since the OpenCL components are incorporated in the driver. The components seem to be a bit different to the separate OpenCL components from before.

The new driver also includes new 'AMD Advanced Parallel Processing' Openvideo and OVDecode runtimes (related to AMD APP).

***Since the structure of the driver is different, the old drivers MUST be removed first, including OpenCL components***

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the april 16th driver was basically beta3, with 7790 ASIC added.

there wasnt anything new in it, other than the compile date. Per AMD.

id use beta3 for camparison, not 13.x

11. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
  12. Dalton Sleeper

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    The HDMI driver now loads correctly, actually the first driver I can use since 12.7B4. HDMI audio is still stuttering and the only fix (that is working) is to set PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable to 1.

13. Dalton Sleeper

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
  14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Um...
    Newer Direct3d driver, newer OpenGL driver, OpenCL components combined. Does sound different to me!

It might be true that the main purpose of the driver was support for newer cards, but that doesn't mean there weren't other changes. In fact, if the purpose of the driver was to support newer cards, they won't actually highlight changes for other cards until the next general purpose WHQL/beta is released.

In the changelogs, the do NOT list every single change to the driver, just the main points. There would certainly be many more changes and tweaks to the code than goes reported.

Just look at the changes Microsoft lists between Vista --> 7 --> 8. As I said, most changes go unlisted.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ?

are you referring to 13.x? or 13.4 WHQL?

i was rferring to 13.x as not being different from 13.3beta.

An AMD rep flat out said the only change was adding the 7790 ASIC in 13.x

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I was referring to this driver in comparison to 16 April driver, and like I said, most changes won't be listed, especially if the purpose of the driver is support for the 7790 ASIC. For exmaple, the changing of the OpenCL and Openvideo etc into the driver is a big change not listed, and there would be a significant number of smaller changes also not listed.

17. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    As Mac had said, it was confirmed by AMD that the April 16 was no different than 13.3 beta 3 with 7790 support. Any changes or differences seen were placebo.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'm not referring to that driver, I'm referring to the 16 April driver compared to this one :)

Actually makes sense the 16 April driver just includes the 7790 ASIC in the driver itself, since even though it is newer it doesn't have the include OpenCL components. That said, the other apps are still separate (AVT etc), and they were different. Basically packaged with the latest versions at the time. Of course, the 16 April driver may have other changes to it to, changes to allow for the 7790 ASIC that effects other cards as well (small changes). As I said, most changes go unreported.

But back to this driver, yes the driver is different, but the apps are older than the 16 April driver, which is why I suggested copying them over to this driver (except OpenCL). It is important to remove the old drivers first (to remove the old type OpenCL etc).

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ?

THAT driver is the april 16th driver, also called 13.x

The apps being older in 13.3beta3 is irrelevent as they would all need to be recompiled for the new ASIC in 13.x.

20. Dantrfc

Dantrfc Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
    Assasins creed 3 still has low fps with these drivers no matter what settings.