i'm thinking to go with Eyefinity...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by AmD6000, Apr 13, 2013.

1. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
  2. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    the HDTV is nice but check out your connectivity... you should find adapter for DP to HDMI and DVI to HDMI to use Eyefinity with all of the HDTV...
    check your graphic display out first...

3. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    As Syidi mentioned you will need to use adapters. You will need 1 DVI to HDMI adapter and one Active Mini-Displayport to HDMI adpater.

Also things to look for in monitors is bezel size, bezel shape and viewing angle of the screen. The screens you listed look good on the bezel shape. Do you know what size bezel they have?

Also if you are going to angle the outer screen check reviews on the viewing angle. Some screen loose some color when viewed from a angle.

4. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    Bezel size is 2.54cm (1 inch) wide

5. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    There is a article at Widescreen gaming forums that benchmarks bezel compensation resolution. I tried to link it but this website blocked it.

What games do you play? Some games you may have to turn down the eyecandy to get a acceptable frame rate using a single card. Eyefinity resolution take some serious GPU power to render the latest games at max settings. Mostly every MMO I have played though is playable at max settings on a single 7970 or 7950. Game like BF3 though you will need to turn the settings down keep frame rate high or invest in another card.

But after playing in eyefinty I can't go back to a single screen. It takes some time to get used to it. But once you it is a lot more immersive experience. You start just use your side monitors for perefral vision. Your perefral vision detects me motion better then what you focus on, so in 3d shooters it is pretty amazing. So many times I have spotted people that would blind side me on single screen.
    For the first week though it made me almost feel like I had motion sickness until I hit used to it and started focusing in the center screen and using the side screen just as perefral vision.

I am using 2x ASUS VE278Q screen and 1x VK278Q. They are identical screens just the VK27 has a built in web camera I use that for my center screen. They have Displayport connections so may be something to take a look at price cost wise. You wouldn't need any adapters just 2x Displayport cables. Those have .5 inch bezels.

https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VE278Q/

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  6. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I think the tv is a little small for my taste personally. I've thought about triple monitor but I think I like just having one big screen better. I think they need to make settings in games for tv size say since I have a 42 inch show more on my screen of the in game world if that makes sense.

7. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    You can upscale your image or adjust your field of view. Other then that increasing the resolution is the only way.

8. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    Here is video of my son playing Defiance if you want to see how the screens look. Sorry for the quality all I have is my iphone for recording.

http://youtu.be/h0aK3FfiCr8

You shouldn't have issues playing games like that with a single card on 3 screens.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  9. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    the setup looks damn good,but i think my HDTV bezel looks to big and adding two more of this i will have a big black line between screen,your monitors bezels looks smaller compared to my HDTV.
    i also have this monitor "HP w2338h" this one have bezel smaller than my HDTV, so was thinking to get two more of this one and sell my TV

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  10. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I have 42" HDTVs and I don't see "more on my screen of the in game world" than I see on my 22" monitor. What I see is a bigger 1080p image that isn't as good as is in the smaller monitor screen. The image on the TV has "jaggies" the monitor image doesn't show. In the TV, are 1080p magnified, amplified. In fact, I see "more on my screen of the in game world" in a 24" monitor at 1920*1200 than on a TV with the double of the size but, at 1920*1080p resolution. There aren't more pixels being rendered on a 1080p TV. "Make settings in games for tv size" is pointless and makes no sense.

@ OP
    I have two 42" HDTV and I borrowed a third from my brother just to try Eyefinity on. I will not say the results were not good. I liked the experience. However, I had tried Eyefinity setup in 3 monitors at my retailers shop. So, I have the experience in both HDTV and monitor gaming. As far as I am concerned, I think you would be better served if you get 3x 24" or 27" monitors instead. The bezels are a lot thinner and you can set a much higher resolution.

Let's face it: As it is, HDTV are acceptable for gaming purposes but, just can't beat the monitors. Lets see what the future will bring.

11. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    If you are happy with the HP monitors get 2 more of them IMO. The smaller bezels and pixel size of the monitors should make for better gaming.

12. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    I remember having to lower my res just to get good frame rates last decade before I was into computer building. It felt as though I put blinders on! I hated it. Couldn't see anything coming from the sides.

The only way to see more is higher resolution or in other words increase pixel count. The other is field of vision in game option and there's only so much that can do before objects become blurry and out of porportion.

I agree with everyone here that monitors are much better in terms of gaming. It will be interesting to see what advancements and how they meld the TV's with the monitors and maybe even develop one that does both perfectly. I'd recommend sticking with the monitor you have for bezel reasons and general gaming reasons.

13. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    i'll give a tried with the HP monitor those are really cheap now, i think i can start next month,so all i need is 1x DVI to HDMI Displayport and 1x MiniHDMI to HDMI Displayport Can someone please link me to it?

lucky me,my 7950 brings a Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter, only DVI to HDMI Adapter is what i need.

14. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    Are you sure it is a active adapter? Can you link a picture of it.

15. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I know I was just saying that they should consider screen size and make some kind of in game rendering options for size. I think it would be awesome if when I upgraded from way back a 26 inch tv finally all the way to this now that say I could change the settings so the gun in a fps would be the same size on my 42 as my 26 inch but I could see a lot more around me ..was just a thought.

16. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960