Crysis 3 performance on 314.22?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by treed, Apr 5, 2013.

1. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    I have an 560 Ti 2GB, will I see any performance change from 314.07? I'm sure there are others here with similar rigs as me that could answer. Hell I am surprised how good of FPS I am getting. I have everything on very high except objects and shading which are on high. Getting about 30-35 fps on my rig. Also my textures are on very high and have FXAA on. Should i just stay where I am?

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    As a general rule, the latest drivers are generally the greatest.

3. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    NOT always , usually drivers are optimized for the latest games and/or latest gen cards , nowadays the 6xx gen(maybe to lesser extant the 5xx gen)...

4. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Duuuuude. General. Rule. That means most of the time. Not always. But generally.

5. angmar

angmar Guest

Lol...it wouldn't be there guru3d forums if every time someone gave an answer someone else didn't try an conflict with it.

6. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Big performance increase here with the latest driver

7. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    well done for making the font huge, you are now a official noob :banana:

8. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I agree, noob.

9. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Read again :
    "As a general rule, the latest drivers are generally the greatest."

If you understand English language , this statement makes the impression that latest drivers are the best .. While often it's not the case ...

Source ? I have been using NVidia cards and drivers since 1998

thanks , duuuuuuude

10. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Generally, they are the best. You take exception to that, and that is fine. Quit looking for something that isn't there.

gen·er·al·ly [jen-er-uh-lee]

adverb
    1. usually; commonly; ordinarily: He generally comes home at noon.
    2. with respect to the larger part; for the most part: a generally accurate interpretation of the facts.
    3. without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception: generally speaking.

Origin:
    1250–1300; Middle English; see general, -ly

Synonyms
    1. See often.

Antonyms
    1. seldom.

source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/generally

11. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    mine is biggersorry

12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    wrong. I use the 301.42 with my 550 ti and the performance is perfect. the 314's are trash, 50% decrease in performance

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    GENERALLY yes newer drivers are better.

HOWEVER, sometimes new bugs can arrise or bugs can be left untouched and still broken.

I remember having 2 X1900XTX GPU's in crossfire with the stupid double dongle cable and having to have Catalyst A.I set to advanced to enable crossfire. They released some new drivers and they improved performance a lot in certain games at the time but it also completely broke crossfire scaling in Call Of Duty 2 and I was getting about half the performance that I got even with 1 card. So I reverted back to the old drivers and stuck with them til the next batch was released.

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Mine is huge

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    It's ok but ya'll ain't getting another driver till Blood dragon, we gotta pull together for them after the pirate pillaging.
    Land ahoy fellas, i can see the mother chip!

16. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Well there's no harm done to try them out and if they don't meet your expectations you can always revert back to 314.07.I had already installed the 314.22whql drivers when i picked up Crysis 3,about the performance of the game we all know that it's very demanding and we don't have a similar rig for me to give you a comparison, I might try out the 314.07 drivers to see if their any better or worse for me, but one thing is for sure this game really benefits from Hyper Threading on my i7-2700k.Btw can i ask in what resolution you are playing at with those settings?

17. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    314.22 work well for me, solid 60fps performance with vsync enabled. Never seen it dip under 60frames. So im very happy, even though some games give me driver stopped responding errors, but never bsod, they always recover which is good but still annoying. And the games Ive seen giving those errors the most are those that use UE3? Dont know why, or it could be my antivirus that is to blame? But im not sure.