Age of Empires II HD

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by brendanvista, Apr 5, 2013.

1. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Age of Empires II HD is going to be available to those who preordered, starting tomorrow.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

They've added high res textures, support for multimonitor and higher resolutions, and steam workshop and matchmaking. Is anyone else here getting this remade classic? :banana:

Product info from the steam page:

In Age of Empires II: HD Edition, fans of the original game and new players alike will fall in love with the classic Age of Empires II experience. Explore all the original single player campaigns from both Age of Kings and The Conquerors expansion, choose from 18 civilizations spanning over a thousand years of history, and head online to challenge other Steam players in your quest for world domination throughout the ages. Originally developed by Ensemble Studios and reimagined in high definition by Hidden Path Entertainment, Microsoft Studios is proud to bring Age of Empires II: HD Edition to Steam!

Trailer:
    http://youtu.be/q_MEFt7KrxQ

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    A new AOE in HD is what I'm after, hopefully this is a precursor.
    Played AOE II to death, great game, but am not paying more to play it again.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Pre-ordered it a while back. Can't wait for tomorrow.
    wololo!

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Apparently you can preload it right now. 1 GB download.

5. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Well, it may happen eventually, but Ensemble Studios has been broken up. There's no team to make more AOE :( I think this revamped version is going to be pretty fun. Plus it supports super high resolutions!

6. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Got this and have been playing online with some friends - great fun. Played 1 game without issue (~40 minutes) but now with the second game we're getting Out Of Sync errors and have to keep restoring it, which is annoying.

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I would only get it for steam multiplayer, but looks like I better wait for some patches :(

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    aah, tempted. I used to hate to play my mate on lan in AoE II, he would always run when I attacked him and then rebuild behind my back and then destroy me, used to drive me mad. time to check out some gameplay footage on YouTube me thinks.

EDIT: No LAN???

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  9. NomadicAI7

NomadicAI7 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB
    Age of Empires 2 HD Feedback Forum

Hi guys!

Do you know where one could send the devs like Ryzon feedback about bugs and such?

I encountered an odd bug in Manzikert mission. Basically, the cliff disappears allowing for a very easy back-door way to cap the last, most defended Byzantine Theme (city).

Another thing... the Options is very very limited. Where do you configure the game? Like setting custom resolution or does the game just choose the screen default resolution?

Lastly, two things:
    1) Screen tearing like crazy, very choppy looking.

Will try forcing V-Sync via CCC AMD console, but doubtful it'll work.

2) Unit animations are all VERY jerky, NOT fluid as I remember in the original

Anyways, guys any help with these questions? Much appreciated!

VERY VERY stoked to playing this with my bros )))

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what the? not yet released in the uk? where has it launched so far? vpn jobbie by the looks of it...

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The game looks nothing like the videos that are on the Steam store page and I can't find any way to change the resolution. Anyone have any ideas? The game looks terrible.

12. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Doesn't release til the 9th it says, but it shows up under my games to install. Will see if it actually works.

Guess pre orders unlocked today for early access

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Wow I remember playing this online with a 56K modem and a 500-1000ms ping lol.

14. NomadicAI7

NomadicAI7 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB
    Yes, ALL steam PRE-ORDERS get to play starting 12:00pm EST, April 5th. Actually, I was able to Pre-Load the game April 4th, the day before April 5th.

So, that's what I'm doing ... mucking around, testing the HD version and gathering feedback to provide back to the Devs.

They really should use better hotkeys, easy like Starcraft 2's "E", "R", etc.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    And they removed the monks wololo. Lame!

16. NomadicAI7

NomadicAI7 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB
    I think that was in the original Age of Empires I and its expansion Rise of Rome.

WOLOLO was never part of the monk's "linguistic" repertoire in AoK/AoC as far as I remember ;)

17. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Did a 4 v 4 AI, was pretty amazing to experience AOE2 again with friends. There were a few lag issues, but going offline in steam friends seems to have fixed the fps drops.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn it is not available for MAC too :(

19. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Game is buggy but fun. Drops to 15 FPS (no V-Sync) for a game this old and graphically undemanding is poor. Some online disconnections, and people having trouble getting mods to load in game (having to reload several times for them to appear). Needs some patches, but it's definitely playable and good fun.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Will play some tonight, can't wait. oh the memories. btw, I never played AoE 3, how is that? played the first 2 games to oblivion but never the 3rd for whatever reason.